1/6 SSC 1:6 Batman - Gotham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just do not like the face sculpts on this either. Sideshow needs to work on this. He does not have to look like some deranged pissed off monster.

20150228_084356_zpsko4pxmqf.jpg

Libby your bat's looks cool I though you were doing a Black&Grey version.

Re: SSC 1;6 Batman - Gotham Knight

But every comic character looks different for every artist that draws them. I could see that argument if this was the "Brain Bolland Batman" or "David Mazzuchelli Batman", but to say it's not accurate to "the comics" means nothing since he never looks the same.

True, it's not an artist-specific Batman, but it's so heavily stylized that therein lies the problem. It's not neutral enough to pass for a modern generic Batman figure, and it doesn't match the art of any stylized comic book penciler. It's Sideshow's artist interpretation of Batman, and the face is so over-the-top that it doesn't even make sense for the character.

20150228_084356_zpsko4pxmqf.jpg

Libby your bat's looks cool I though you were doing a Black&Grey version.

thanks mate ,nah i dyed the cape black for a batfleck custom ,i put the dyed cape on my blue bats to show the colour change ,sorry for the confusion

yeah i have the alex ross version of that figure above ,the capes not great but you could swap it out for a side show cape and it would look much better ,after a lot of trial and error i found out its possible to turn the blue cape black with this
DYLON FABRIC PAINT DYE 25 ml JARS INC METALLIC & OPAQUE 1, 3, & 6 AVAILABLE!! | eBay
i found the best way to use it was in a spray bottle ,like you get febreze in washed out and add a jar full of water to the jar of dye and spray both sides of the cape ,let it dry and iron as per instructions
colour fast and flexible with out the stiffness associated with paint
incidentally i skipped the ironing ,just dried it on a hot radiator lol , worked fine

hi yeah i tried regular dye ,not happening at all lol ,i then tried brushing the above product on ,but man it went nowhere close to covering it ,would have taken 8 or 9 jars to do the whole cape ,but spraying it as described above worked out great 1 jar and done ,theres pics over the last couple of pages ,dont want to spam up the thread with reposting them lol

Found the source material. I take it back, it's a perfect likeness to this version of Bruce Wayne:
unnamed.jpg

What the heck is up with those mouth plates? Can't they see it looks bad? Can they not hire a different artist to do something better looking than that face?

I don't mind another Batman, but to not improve on the flaws or annoyances of the first and make it worse is ridiculous.

Sideshow seems to want to really start losing customers. They need new people on top.

It just occurred to me wonder woman's 75th birthday is next year I think we should have her 1/6 figure come out right after this get's delivered to homes they should advertise for her figure then. green lantern and Flash's already passed which explains why we got a sneak peek

It just occurred to me wonder woman's 75th birthday is next year I think we should have her 1/6 figure come out right after this get's delivered to homes they should advertise for her figure then. green lantern and Flash's already passed which explains why we got a sneak peek

the question is whenthey up for PO??

Each time I see a pic of the long eared cowl I like it even more. Goes perfectly with that Judge Dredd frown. The lack of nose is a little weird but I can overlook it.

I'm really on the fence on this one.
The colors look great (I love my SSC Blue/grey one), I already know how happy I'll be with the costume/body/cape, and I prefer the accessories (the grapple gun that came with the first release is far too big). I just can't get over the mouthsculpts on this one. Not sure why they didn't at least keep the stoic face from the previous release. But since they are all interchangeable, it's a really tempting buy.

I kind of wish they gave the long ears to the blue version so he looked more like Killing Joke Batman. He would go with their Joker better too.

I kind of wish they gave the long ears to the blue version so he looked more like Killing Joke Batman. He would go with their Joker better too.

I am sure there will be a lot of long eared bats heads for sale since more hate than love for it. Then you could paint it. That is what I hope to do if I am brave enough.

Back