1/6 SSC 1:6 Batman - Gotham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I'm waiting for this to be coupon eligible. Any shot this will be available with $20 off before the end of March? What is the lead time for newly announced pieces being eligible for that kind of thing?

Man, I'm waiting for this to be coupon eligible. Any shot this will be available with $20 off before the end of March? What is the lead time for newly announced pieces being eligible for that kind of thing?

Is there a $20 coupon for March? I haven't seen one.

FYI, this just became eligible for the April code (APR15). Just put an order in on this. :rock

yUXSQPU.jpg

That "Tell me, do you bleed?" line from the trailer, isn't necessarily spoken by Batman... just 'cause the voiceover is during a shot of Batman, means nothing, as it's a trailer. There's a good chance, it's Lex Luthor saying that line.

It's been that way with Sideshow for years. Last one I remember having an edition size was one of the Indiana Jones figures.

i may be looking at this wrong, but if hot toys put this exact figure out we would be complaining about how terrible and toy-like it looks. it doesn't even look like something they would have made five years ago. is sideshow that far behind that this is acceptable for them?

i have to disagree with you. the point of this was to represent the batman of the comics, spandex and huge ass cape, in which case sideshow pulled it of really damn well, same how hot toys pulled of the adam west batman, spandex with flashy short cape.

i have to disagree with you. the point of this was to represent the batman of the comics, spandex and huge ass cape, in which case sideshow pulled it of really damn well, same how hot toys pulled of the adam west batman, spandex with flashy short cape.

True, but I think hot toys pulled it off, and sideshow, not so much...

They got rugged for batmans face, but they crossed the line into ugly territory. The Neanderthal proportions of the lower face, and extreme space between nose and mouth.
Wasn't Bruce Wayne a playboy? How does a playboy look like that unless he was ALL personality.
Or was it really that chicks just dig the -other car? ;)

I mean Brian Bolland drew a pretty severe batman, but never ugly...Frank millers batman was supposed to look older and grizzled...a Brian Dennehy look, but not plain ugly....sideshows looks inhumanly disproportionate, unless it's supposed to be super humanly disproportionate....

Sideshow needs to practice doing better facial proportions on grizzled characters to at least appear generally aesthetically pleasing. Their premium format batman even looks a little better than the 1/6 version....
( hate to say it But sometimes their women characters tend to have manly features as well, whether the jaws or other features...almost the way even Michaelangelo's women had male sensibilities....not as extreme though....but there are telltale signs men sculpted them)

I really hope sideshow more specific grom comic artist like neil adams or frank miller compare to their own representation of batman.

seems weird that this along with the other DC figures aren't at SDCC. I would have thought we would see some Flash updates and the production run of this guy. looks like all they rolled out was Punisher, Ash and Betlegeuse.

Last edited:
Back