Spider-Man 4/5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they give Raimi more freedom to do what he wants. Venom was somewhat forced on him and it really seemingly screwed up the script for Spidey 3 with too many villains and characters.

The whole symbiote suit was handled VERY poorly (even the Spidey animated series storyline was better...with the symbiote suit being discovered from a meteor taken by John Jameson) and Venom wasn't the fierce anti-Spidey he was supposed to be.

I don't know if I'd like to see Venom back...part of me says YES, because I love the character and hopefully he would be handled respectfully, but part of me says NO and thinks they should move on with the other Spidey villains, and perhaps tie Spidey 4 and 5 together as a Sinister Six type plot. Yeah that might be a lot of villains, but having two films to spread it out will be much better than packing it into one.

The above statement is so very true. And to go along with that, Venom was not in the movie long enough.

I would like to see Venom return in SM4.

I really feel that Sandman could have carried SM3 by himself. Yep, that means no "New" Goblin. It would have been nice to see Peter use the symbiote suit to defeat Sandman. The very last scene of the movie should have been the part when Eddie turns into Venom in the church and he jumps at the camera.
Then you could have Venom as the villian in SM4. I feel that he could carry SM4 as the only villian. IMO

I will go out on a limb and say aunt may knows PP is Spider-Man and they show this in the next two.

How so????

It's been hinted at in all movies, unless something flew over my head in 3.

Last edited:
I haven't watched the awful movies since it was in theaters, but the way Aunt May was taking to Peter when she was moving out.

There was no reveal there that i know of. But it's been hinted at in all movies. Especially the hero lecture in two. So no she has not came out and said i know you're spiderman. (even wording it different) Just hints. Thats why i expect the big "REVEAL" in one of these next two. Something along the lines of "i always knew peter" Hell, the woman is now in her 80's so they'd better get it done soon.

That scene definitely indicated she knows he is Spidey, but her actually coming out and saying it should be a pretty good scene. BTW wasn't the moving out scene in 2?

Yes! And there was more of a hint in that talk(hero lecture) than in 3 IMO. Like i said the big reveal will come out in the next two IMO. (should be a great scene)

I'm typically a cynical bastard...and after Spiderman 3 I all but swore off the franchise....They could easily recast Dunst and I wouldn't lose sleep. She's pretty annoying and only about 29% as hot as MJ's supposed to be.

Agreed, except that is 29% more than I would give her. :banana

It would be good if they could make a Spider-man movie every two or three years and let it last like Bond. Then after 40 years they could reboot it and start again... or not.

David Lindsay-Abaire to Pen Spider-Man 4
Source:The Hollywood Reporter

Playwright David Lindsay-Abaire (upcoming Inkheart), who won a Pulitzer in 2007 for his drama "Rabbit Hole," is in final negotiations to write Spider-Man 4 for Columbia Pictures, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire are back as director and star, respectively, as are series producers Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad. Kirsten Dunst also is expected to return for the latest movie featuring the Marvel Comics character.

Plot details are under lock and key.

James Vanderbilt previously wrote a draft of Spider-Man 4.

Lindsay-Abaire's "Rabbit Hole," which starred Cynthia Nixon and Tyne Daly, hit the Broadway stage in 2006 and won four Tonys, including best play. The writer also is known for the play "Fuddy Meers."

Not gonna argue that.
large_SpiderMan%203%20-%20Gwen%20Stacy%202-4v0pvmig.jpg

gwen-stacy-778201.jpg

25500-gwen-stacy_400.jpg

After seeing Spider-man 3 I'm kinda turned off from the Spider-man scene. But I'll still give 4 a shot and if it sucks I'll rent the rest.

I'm sure I'll still see it, but 3 was a steaming pile... really one of the larger sequel dissapointments I've ever experienced.

I decided to post it here guys since this was the only current relevant Spider-Man thread for the movie.

picture.php

picture.php

And yes, that is ONE poster. Notice anything different about it?

Sorry about the flash. It tends to make it look like there's blemishes where they're really aren't any. It doesn't work well with the poster because of its material, but I think you see where I'm going with the look. The poster will in an all black self-luminating light box (like those at the theater.) Then in front of it will be the Spidey PF on its own pedestal/column. And it will be set up against a white wall (no red background.) This is just a rough idea, so please go easy on my non-professional set-up.

And by the way, despite all of the criticism, I still love Spider-Man 3. :cool:

Last edited:
And I just noticed, I have a dog figurine on the base of the PF in the pic. (It looks like my dog that's why its there. :lol) I didn't notice it until after I took the pics. At least I don't have to worry about anyone stealing my pics. :rotfl

Back