1/6 Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

What?s the difference of this being an exclusive vs regular?

Thought Scarlet Spider was also an exclusive, then it miraculously became available for everyone. Why should this one be any different?

Re: Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

Will there be a blue variant? I am not complaining, I love this, instant PO, just wondering

It looks blue to me already...just darker blue.

Yeah, but why then does it say black suit? I am confused

Oddly enough the title of the figure does say "Black suit" I assume they meant "Dark suit" since the other 2099 suit is white.

The video game refers to it as "2099- Black" that's why it's titled like that although this is the standard 2099 suit.

In comics, dark blue was often used to highlight black because there were coloring limitations for a time. This is why characters were highlighted with blue so their color had some depth and you could contrast between the artist details, kind of like white was used on metals/chrome. Wolverine's hair was highlighted with blue, sometimes Batman's black suits had blue highlights, etc. etc.

Spider-man 2099's costume has always been predominately a dark, deep blue with some black coloring mixed in to highlight the character's muscularity and artist details in the comics. It has never been truly BLACK, it's supposed to be a dark blue, but some interpretations of it have lightened the blue A LOT (other comics, video games, figurines, action figures, etc.). I think they called it the "BLACK Suit" to contrast with his "WHITE Suit" that he gets later on...but it is not truly black. As it was mentioned before, this is what the video game makers chose to call it.

I understand that there's no cape because it's the video game version, but they included the pointing hand. Come on HT. Give us the cape!!!

Wow. I have to admit I never understood the appeal of this design before, and I've never read the comics that feature him... but holy hell does it make for one incredible looking figure.

Suit material looks really good in the promos, hoping the final product can get into most of those poses and hold up well

We can expect PO's to go up end of the month based on past TF figures?

I keep coming back to this and I'm tempted now...

Does BBTS ever sell con-exclusives like this? The 2099 Spidey is really tempting.

Does BBTS ever sell con-exclusives like this? The 2099 Spidey is really tempting.

BBTS did sell Toy Fair exclusives a few years ago, but a lot don?t make it to BBTS. I would secure the figure from Sideshow if you really want the figure.

HK sellers ToysWonderland and ToysBuyingAgent already have these up for pre-order.

HK sellers ToysWonderland and ToysBuyingAgent already have these up for pre-order.

That?s interesting since the official announcement said to look for this in the coming days. I wonder when he?ll go up for P.O. on SS?

That?s interesting since the official announcement said to look for this in the coming days. I wonder when he?ll go up for P.O. on SS?

Unless they're making SS wait until the end of the month for their online con then I'd expect it up tomorrow or so. I don't buy from them anymore so I just assumed it'd already be up.

Yay another Spiderman.

HT is becoming so lame. There are hundreds of properties they could be exploring.....

But no, we get another run of Iron Man and Spiderman.

They real play to the OCD In collectors don?t they.

Glad some other companies have variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay another Spiderman.

HT is becoming so lame. There are hundreds of properties they could be exploring.....

But no, we get another run of Iron Man and Spiderman.

They real play to the OCD In collectors don?t they.

Glad some other companies have variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok we can talk about iron man bring over saturated cause that?s true but Spider-Man needs this and I welcome more figures. Spider-Man has far more iconic suits and a better design than iron man and is just a better character imo. So I?ll take thousands of Spider-Man figures over iron man. I love them both but Spider-Man rightfully deserve nothing but quality. Iron man is cool and all but all his armors are basically the same with little touches here and there and new colors

I keep coming back to this and I'm tempted now...

Yeah I know what you mean !! It does look awesome ! A couple more pics to push you over the edge :lol

79302794_10157330568522344_3309335653920300154_o.jpg

106586948_10157330568897344_1969918664858018306_o.jpg

Man, don't I've got too many figures (10) on PO already.

Nothing is impossible but how can they pull off the white 2099 suit with the led lights?

2d3a23c2eb1546010caf10424ec95818.jpg

Back