SPECULATION: MMS-DX-02-TDK Batman Announced!!!??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SPECULATION: MMS DX Batman

Im down for all announced releases so far.

great another rehash - and a smack in the face for all those who shelled out big bucks for the previous batman releases. was not one re-release of the original batman suit enough?

i'm happy for all those who are excited about this release though.

scan page of an asian article. There are discussion on toykingdom

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13984&extra=page=1&page=45

IMG_6408.jpg

Who here can translate this? And why is Rocky on it?

I will not be buying this unless it is a redesigned body and a redesigned suit with a movie accurate cape. Although accessories are cool for other characters when it comes to batman I love giving him the iconic poses. Now if it is much improved and needs no modification than I will buy it, but if not than I will not be heart broken.

Who here can translate this? And why is Rocky on it?

Please read my post before and a post from another member just now. Both he and I explained wht will be released on the DX line. thanks

Are you suggesting they're doing a DX Rocky? I was just curious considering the name was wedged in between all things TDK.

like G`c mentioned a few pages back:

Hiya Terminator I just got the same mag tonight in Hong Kong. Yes Batman is confirmed. Also confirmed is RAMBO AND ROCKY (not only in consideration, but confirmed) .

so total of THREE figures are confirmed for the DX line thus far.

I think it makes sense to do more Stallone figures because they really got the perfect likeness with the italian stallion figure.

I will defiantly be getting a Dark Knight. maybe a Rambo

Please read my post before and a post from another member just now. Both he and I explained wht will be released on the DX line. thanks

Thanks for directing me to your posts.

like G`c mentioned a few pages back:

Thanks to You too.

The DX line is growing faster than I'd imagined. I'm definitely getting the DX Batman as I'd passed on the first release.

I think it makes sense to do more Stallone figures because they really got the perfect likeness with the italian stallion figure.

I will defiantly be getting a Dark Knight. maybe a Rambo

I agree, as it has a huge market in the America for Stallone figures.

For the Dark Knight, I am definitely going to get it ... but I really do hope Hottoys will listen and give us a bruce wayne in his motorcyling gear. I KNOW many of ppl fight for a three piece suit .. but honestly, decent suits can be found relatively easily nowadays, I really would rather have bruce in his belstaff biker leather jacket and jeans WITH the helmet.

For the batman figure itself, I don't know if it is a good idea (or is it too hard to pull off) a cowl sculpt with rotating eyes? I still want to know how they'd approach it. A few important suggestions: 1) The eyes should look more "squinty", i.e. not as big as their current TDK bats. 2) the usual stuff --> a thinner body with flatter chest 3) THE CAPE ==> get it right dude, this is the ultimate accessory for batman (if it's poseable) AND with the CORRECT MATERIAL ( they always substitute with cheap material, which i understand, for costs consideration. But now, it's their 2nd attempt, i think they could do better to milk our $$) . 4) SONAR HEAD SCULPT + BACKPACK + BOMB GUN --> Seriously, if you ONLY give us the bomb gun but WITHOUT either the SONAR HEAD + BACKPACK it will be pointless. If you see the movie, the bombgun ONLY appears when he is either (i)having that backpack + normal headsculpt (ii) with cape BUT with sonar eyes.

Sorry for this long post but hope you guys will support this proposition

Here's my guess. An updated version of the Begins and TDK HT figures in one. More accessories, the LED base, etc. I skipped out on both versions (still kicking myself for not purchasing the Begins version) because I thought my Takara version was enough (I also dislike HT's attempt at the TDK suit). So this is great news for me. I'll buy one to go along with my Takara Batman, V1, V2, and Cop Joker depending on how it looks and what it comes with.

Good news.

Chest, while a point for improvement, is not the only body related issue with the current TDK Batman.

Partly because of the TrueType and partly because of how the armor was built in layers, the width of the figure is too big. From a front on, his body is about 15-25% wider than it should be. The head on the figure looks small because of the width of the upper body. If they make the width and depth of the body film accurrate with this new one, I'll be very happy.

As far as getting a DX Batman, I don't know what it'd take, but I do know it'd have to be something very special packed in with Batman if the Batman figure's look wasn't an improvement over the first release to get me to buy the whole set. Otherwise I'll take my chance getting a piece here or there off eBay.

Here's my guess. An updated version of the Begins and TDK HT figures in one. More accessories, the LED base, etc. I skipped out on both versions (still kicking myself for not purchasing the Begins version) because I thought my Takara version was enough (I also dislike HT's attempt at the TDK suit). So this is great news for me. I'll buy one to go along with my Takara Batman, V1, V2, and Cop Joker depending on how it looks and what it comes with.

Good news.

I'll bet you're right. I hope so, anyway! I'm thinking maybe an alternate head with sonar eyes (would be cool if they lit up), sticky bomb gun, maybe a cape with rigid spines so it can be posed in the gliding position ...

I missed the BB version, too! So I'm hoping for the best with this one.

But if this ends up being just a slight upgrade of the TDK outfit with a suit and alternate Bruce Wayne head ... then I might have to pass.

Aw, who am I kidding? I'm so hooked on this line it's ridiculous! They could put out a Maggie Gyllenhaal figure with shoulder-slumping action and I'd probably buy the damn thing!

Wait a moment: is this Batman DK or Begins?

Back