Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon and Dave ARE in the Philippines, and they sell on eBay too.
It's the same set, not two different ones.

Speaking of which- I noticed a minor mistake in the fire hydrant wrench.
I pointed it out to Dave, and Jon fixed it for free. Great service!
No doubt he'll change them all now to be accurate for buyers.

69274796_421849898677961_1630844544520028160_n - Copy.jpg

FILM REFERENCE

max-strap-ends.jpg

...and this photo has me vexed. I can't quite figure out what's happening with the right leg strap.
I see that the strap in question, which is the lower of two holster straps, is in two pieces which are not the same width.
The strap from the outside of the leg is very narrow. That segment has the buckle attached.
The other segment on the inside of the leg is wider, it passes through the buckle, and it has the holes punched.
The question is: What the hell is that curved flap of leather that is hanging below the buckle???

Last edited:
I'll never figure out what this is supposed to be...
Maybe it's just a little flap of leather they put under the strap
to prevent the buckle from rubbing against his leg or something...

max-strap-ends - Copy.jpg

After Jon fixed the hydrant wrench handle to be accurate, I told him the knife had some minor issues with accuracy too-
so he fixed them and sent me updated photos.

The curved blade on the left isn't supposed to be a flat blade, but a round pointed 'marlin spike',
which is used by sailors to untie knots in rope. He fixed it perfectly, and he also fixed the hook-shape of the can opener. I'm not sure, but it looks like he made the two center screws a bit smaller too; After the great (free) improvements, I didn't have the heart to tell him they're suposed to be rivets, not screws...

Now all I have to do is use some fine sand paper and polishing paste to give it a good shine. it'll look great!
Just look how small that thing is- less than the width of his finger.

69643713_1399090900239181_5299081266270830592_n.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone intersted in Road warrior and fury road sets by Iris you can find it in the customs website. Though she is busy and has yet to ship out the road warrior set it should be soon as she is done with her current stuff.

My MAX figure is pretty much finished. I installed the 1/6 zipper handles onto my custom zippers, along with the other items made by Jon deGuzman. I did a very detailed and accurate paint job, but I can NEVER get realistic color representation from my phone or my digital camera.

I got lucky finding the red bolt cutters on eBay- only had to modify them slightly.
KIMG0603.JPG

KIMG0590.JPG

KIMG0592.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, seriously that's fantastic. I've always been fascinated by kits like that. Bravo, good sir, bravo. And my condolences. :( Just lost one myself.

True sculptors (old school) still do the best work. They add emotion, which a machine can't do... yet anyway.

I agree Wor-Gar. There are superb digital sculptors out there, but as on old school, I feel that traditional has more calming atmosphere regardless of subjects. I get tired looking at digital sculpts. Amount of details and textures they can put on a sculpt overwhelms me..

Yeah, seriously that's fantastic. I've always been fascinated by kits like that. Bravo, good sir, bravo. And my condolences. :( Just lost one myself.

Thanks Mr.E Appreciated. And my sincere condolences. It is often harder to lose furry friends than human friends....

I started working on this sculpt when my kitty was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney failure. He was gone way before I could finish this sculpt. So wanted to make this piece a special one.
Kitty Meow had been with me and watched me worked on all Mad Max related sculpts I was commissioned.

I used him as a model and made Road Warrior cat figurine once. He was a gentle soul and I miss him greatly.
tumblr_ptl37eOohW1vtizkio3_540.jpg

thanks for sharing the story with us. sorry about your loss

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

Back