Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The age lines would likely not be as apparent in an actual casting... that is of course if it actually made it that far.

Yes, I agree. I understand that some (if not many) of the professional 1/6 sculptors working for the big companies usually sculpt slightly deeper lines/skin pores so that they can be reproduced effectively on the castings.

I'm really hoping Beastmaster will eventually offer a small run of his Max. I actually think he has nailed the likeness better than some of even the top sculptors could have done owing to the elusive nature of capturing Gibson's likeness in the film. It might be that he is just refining it and may sell when he is happy with it. I guess if we all show enough interest he may consider selling it. Imagine how it would look if painted by Yelim/Y the painter... oh my word. I'd move heaven and earth to have that sculpt :)

Last edited:
I would like to have both versions.
In the film, Gibson doesn't show much emotion- if any. Even when he's womping the bag guy over the head with bolt cutters, Max has a blank expression. The FromRussiaWithLove sculpt is good for that.
Beastmaster's sculpt, aside from being more lifelike, shows a more brooding, cynical, anti-hero expression.
It would be nice to have that display option, even if he didn't look that way in the film.

I sent Beastmaster a message on Facebook, encouraging him to produce the sculpt. Maybe others should do the same.

Last edited:
Let's make it happen! I'm not on Facebook but feel free to let him know that Wor-Gar is onboard also.

My only critique would be that I hope a new casting could be scaled up just a bit. Head looks a wee bit small.

Last edited:
I for one would love to own that sculpt as well as his Indy and Craig Bond. However, I don't know why some of these clearly talented artists go to all the trouble of making these fantastic renders... and then doing nothing with them. It seems to happen quite a bit with digitally rendered sculpts, sadly.

That's a good point. It is all the more bizarre when you consider that there are people who would pay good money for those sculpts. I would love the Mad Max and Indy sculpts and would be happy to buy them.

What software do they use to draw the sculpts? I would like to design and make my own one day.

A Patrick McGoohan sculpt from The Prisoner. An angry Indy. A half smirk Indy. John Marston. Arthur Morgan. Francis York Morgan. Snake Plissken etc. The possibilities for custom sculpts is endless.

I for one would love to own that sculpt as well as his Indy and Craig Bond. However, I don't know why some of these clearly talented artists go to all the trouble of making these fantastic renders... and then doing nothing with them. It seems to happen quite a bit with digitally rendered sculpts, sadly.

Sometimes, the renders are the best part.

Thread is working.

Count me among those who'd snap up Beastmaster's Mel in a heartbeat. I've reached out to encourage him a number of times. He's expressed some hesitance -- like there's something more he wants to accomplish with it -- but never any indication that he won't finish it.

I am interested in the shoulder pad. So my figure will be ready for Beastmaster's head sculpt.

Finally! I cleared my browser cashe and cookies, and it's working again. (I think)

Gruff Old Bear, pm sent.

I'm truly excited. In two weeks, I'll make my final payment to Jon De Guzman,
and he'll ship me his hand-made metal Road Warrior accessory set.
I never could have come even close to this quality, working with metal.

hhhjs-l1600.jpg

^^ Yeah I was tempted by that set, unfortunately out of my price point.
Hey, it's out of mine too- except for the very flexible installment plan. At the start of September, it will be 9 payments I made in all. And, i got a reduced overall price, too.

...but my Max will have some accessories that Jon didn't think of:
Red & black bolt cutters, an elbow crutch, and a Dinki-Di cardboard box.

Last edited:
Finally! I cleared my browser cashe and cookies, and it's working again. (I think)

Gruff Old Bear, pm sent.

I'm truly excited. In two weeks, I'll make my final payment to Jon De Guzman,
and he'll ship me his hand-made metal Road Warrior accessory set.
I never could have come even close to this quality, working with metal.

View attachment 464493

That?s flippin awesome. Jon and Dave are the best and always willing to work with people.

Back