Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking Max, Shells!

Too many projects in progress at the moment but I would really love to eventually have a "Road Warrior" Max figure in the collection.

Shells, can you give a breakdown of your Max?

The head is by UlliPekka https://www.facebook.com/ulli.pekka

The clothing, shoulder pad, gun holster and binoculars was made by Cult King

Dog is from Cult King

The Boots are made by Mr.E on the Freaks

Body is a Phicen M32

The belt is a Sam Browne type military belt - can usually find on Ebay

Adjustable spaner - In the jewellery section of Ebay

Crow bar found on Ebay

Pocket knife - found on Ebay

Hatchet and hydrant spanner + pouches - made from scratch

Leg brace and kneepad made from scratch

Looks amazing shells, quick question are the leathers worth using from the vts figure? Or not accurate enough

Yes, they are the best mass-produced Mad Max clothing set (accurate to both Beyond Thunderdome and Fury Road in terms of overall design). With a little work, they can look even better.

If anyone is making a max check einordmaines blog it is by far the most helpful thing ive come across

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Thanks, K.bowen...
Blog deleted now, apologies - Besides, there's plenty of mass-produced figures being/about to be released. PERFECT if you're not too fussed on accuracy (a likeness for example) they're sure to please the masses - no need for my blog cloggin' up progress.

I'll just leave my favourite pic of my favourite figure here... 'nuff said!
Mad Max 034.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, K.bowen...
Blog deleted now, apologies - Besides, there's plenty of mass-produced figures being/about to be released. PERFECT if you're not too fussed on accuracy (a likeness for example) they're sure to please the masses - no need for my blog cloggin' up progress.

I'll just leave my favourite pic of my favourite figure here... 'nuff said!
View attachment 536418
Max's name is Max Rockatansky. Mad Max is just the movie title. Nobody calls him Mad Max in the movies (I think).

Max's name is Max Rockatansky. Mad Max is just the movie title. Nobody calls him Mad Max in the movies (I think).
They don't, they usually call him wonderer, raggedy man, road warrior, stranger. Not counting the whole captain name the kids called him in BTD. The first film they just call him by his first name and that's it but that to me has more to do with family and friends then people in general.

For those interested, I still offer custom made boots from Road Warrior and Fury Road (and a few others). Here are some of the most recent commissions including two Fury Roads and a pair of Negan boots:
20210901_045236.jpg

I'm taking it your point is about the stand...?

I don't think ROCKATANSKY has the snappy-ness of "MAD" and hey! I'm a Brit - the "Road Warrior" was just a title they used to attract the small-brained, action-fans from the US of A!!! As a side point... I remember watching the original BEFORE the naff accents were dubbed onto it.

I just called him "MAD MAX" not Road Warrior, The Wasteland Warrior/Wanderer not 1, or 2, or even 3 - cos this is for me, my defining Max. He's MAD MAX - cos he's mine... simple as that!

Back