Custom 1/6th Jawa help?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt22

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I'd like a 1/6th Jawa but similar to the Tusken, the Sideshow version is out of my budget and the Hot Toys one looks sharp but doesn't look as much the iconic Ep 4 Jawa to me as the SS ones.

There's a base HT Jawa body on ebay at the moment but would have to figure out the rest from there. It's pricey at $100 as opposed to the $30 adult HT slim body I started my Tusken with from Toy Anxiety but I'm not sure how else to get started. Unless there is another Jawa scaled body out there that could be recommended?

I was figuring making the head wouldn't be so bad given that there are no real features to speak of--whatever was used as the underlying head--either make it myself with some kind of hardening putty or start off with a 3d printed head that has a proper socket for a HT neck (as my Tusken 3d printed head did) --and then could be dressed up with gaffer's tape and rhinestones as I saw in a Jawa thread on here.

For the robes--I see adult sized 1:6 jedi robes on ebay for cheap that I could trim down unless there is a better Jawa-specific option anyone here knows about.

as far as that Tusken goes, he's starring in an 80's style buddy cop film until the custom robe set is ready.
IMG_2157.JPG

although this thread is about getting started on a Jawa--the tusken just got a slight upgrade with 2 more pieces that arrived from TA this weekend--new bandolier and the pouch belt which is better sized to him.
IMG_2166.JPG

This one here would probably work for a Jawa: In-stock 1/6 Mr.Z Child Jointed Figure Body | eBay

As far as the robe goes that might be another good project for me to work on. Between a custom robe and some bandoliers from Old Traveler Workshop I think a decent Jawa could be cobbled for around $150.
Thank you very much--this is exactly the info I was looking for and is right in the pocket of what I was hoping to spend. I'm going to order up that body as a start.

I'd be very interested to hear if you get into the Jawa robes and make them available to others. Count me in if that happens.

Thank you very much--this is exactly the info I was looking for and is right in the pocket of what I was hoping to spend. I'm going to order up that body as a start.

I'd be very interested to hear if you get into the Jawa robes and make them available to others. Count me in if that happens.
I just ordered one of those bodies. I noticed they’re available in the states as well so I may order a second from them and get it sooner.

I think I’ll get a robe project going too and contact Gustavo about bandolier pricing. Could be pretty fun building a scratch Jawa and being able to offer parts for him.

I just ordered one of those bodies. I noticed they’re available in the states as well so I may order a second from them and get it sooner.

I think I’ll get a robe project going too and contact Gustavo about bandolier pricing. Could be pretty fun building a scratch Jawa and being able to offer parts for him.
Nice. I ordered one just now myself--thanks again. I'd be interested to know what you find out about the bandoliers for sure.

Where did the boots for your Tusken come from? Major improvement over what Hot Toys provides
I started with a pair of some kind of first order stormtrooper feet I found on Toy anxiety. I wanted feet that I knew would plug into the HT body I started with and the color/shape didn't so much as I would be cover them up with something.

for the leggings, I cut some slightly thicker than sandwich bag plastic and rolled it around the legs. I covered that with basic cloth medical tape you find at pharmacies, cutting it into smaller strips as the roll was probably 1" wide to start. wrapped the shoes and plastic legging tubes separately and painted both with with the same Citadel colors I used for the head. I can list those if you like--I just need to look go look at theM to remember the names.

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1959.JPG
IMG_1960.JPG

Last edited:
It’s the sideshow Jawa with a few bits changed…. that little body is a very good body just to small

Lol! Thanks for the pic, Bob! I thought it was listed at 7” tall in the ad. Must’ve misread it.

EDIT: Yep. Went back and checked the ad again. It’s listed as a 7 inch tall body. Could it be that this is something different?

If my math is correct this pic shows the body to be around 15 centimeters or just a hair under 6 inches without a sculpt or feet.

7E80B9E3-31A4-4F3F-B894-13D71137DBDA.jpeg

63FB8B0C-B6BE-4C12-9C8D-04671A61A2D5.jpeg

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/star-...6th-scale-hoys-toys-action-figure-2-pack.html
Popcultcha still has the Hot Toys Jawa. Even after shipping to the US, it'll be about what it was retail from Sideshow.

Better to spend $250 on the full set than $100 on just the body.

You can just change the robe to something closer to the familiar OT brown. The rest of the figure is done. And you get a Gonk droid. Which you can sell if you really don't want it.

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/star-...6th-scale-hoys-toys-action-figure-2-pack.html
Popcultcha still has the Hot Toys Jawa. Even after shipping to the US, it'll be about what it was retail from Sideshow.

Better to spend $250 on the full set than $100 on just the body.

You can just change the robe to something closer to the familiar OT brown. The rest of the figure is done. And you get a Gonk droid. Which you can sell if you really don't want it.
If the generic child body build posted above doesn't work out, this might be the best option. I'd sell the Gonk to keep the offset the price. Maybe someone on here would want it. Well more affordable than trying to get the SS ones!

^Your best bet if you want a regular/average sized jawa. I picked up 2 from Popcultcha pretty cheap when they were on sale last year.

I have 2 of those child bodies and they are under scale. Good for very small jawa or small child/alien figure. The bodies are extremely well built too.

Back