Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the positive recommendations for my [old] blog... Nice work all on your 1:6 Max-es (or is it Maxs?)...

Here's my effort (three years in the making) and immediately came together with FULL METAL CUSTOMS' legbrace - I can heartily recommend their skills!
Also a shout out to Darren Carnall for the skin-job! And I'd better thank Scot Peterson for "Dog"...

Available for questions if you want part sources or names.
B
7fbcfd6f0a01f6131dab9ea05dedeb39.jpg

33264462135c25bc4e0d90bb1c51a03e.jpg

338881a609cf5a5ef3b4391e291c3b23.jpg

a0224b4d6d3a619b6ba5656457e69f51.jpg

That looks amazing! Any chance you could put up some bigger pics? I would use a seamless body, or one with seamless arms, for the finishing touch.

That looks amazing! Any chance you could put up some bigger pics? I would use a seamless body, or one with seamless arms, for the finishing touch.

Thanks! I tend to avoid seamless LIKE THE PLAGUE as they have a habit of splitting or just looking like a dead/lifeless doll (when we're in the habit of making life-like figures)... they're pretty much useless and can really ruin some good looking accessories. At the minute any made do in my humble opinion.

Great job, Necromongo.

I wish Hot Toys would release Mad Max and a few other characters from the original trilogy.

Agreed! They're overdue :impatient:

NICE!!!!

I agree, bigger pictures please.

Will try... took an age to upload those shown above... here's hoping :huh

1e3f9689ffdb6950122947281992c989.jpg

7fbcfd6f0a01f6131dab9ea05dedeb39.jpg

338881a609cf5a5ef3b4391e291c3b23.jpg

The hands I think are from Bruce Banner... So they're 'regular', but they're Hot Toys.
The gloves are a really thin material. Think they came from a Russian figure?
Holes & slices and even lace, as per the movie.

THAT is one sweet Max! Bravo!

Thank you, sir!

He took an age to complete... A 3 year wait on the head alone! I don't think I've got the patience for another one in me.
On a separate note - I see a lot of fuss online about likenesses for Mel. My head (I mean this figure's) was $7 from off Ebay... The paintjob was as costly as FULLMETAL's legbrace... But totally worth it! A figure REALLY needs at least that to look lifelike.
The camera shows a little mis-match in skin tone that isn't there when in hand. No ideas? Maybe light bounces off different materials and only shows in photos?

Finally got round to Putting my Max on a Phicen body. Used a M32 body but the legs were too skinny, so I used some thigh pieces to thicken the legs.

QeJ3WdE.jpg

kx54LTA.jpg

targMsC.jpg

Still surprised a company have not tried to make a MM figure.

Wow Elvis that looks awesome. The weathering on the outfit looks spot on and the rehair looks great. Can't wait to see him finished.

Agreed, Iminime still holds the honor of nailing Gibson's likeness. I used a modified version of that sculpt for my Thunderdome Max.

That sculpt on Elvis's Max figure does look great! His stubble also looks spot on. Looking forward to seeing it with the eyes painted.

Back