1/6 Soosootoys Hermann 1/6 Figure (Watchmen Rorschach)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How one would do that? Spray it or hose it? Clothes on the body?
Various way. I've sprayed it if I was just working on a particular piece of clothing, but I've dunked a whole figure into a bucket of water. Adjusted the clothing to my liking and set it out to dry.

The coat looks extremely oversized. The Kovacs sculpt is nice though.
I was on the fence with this figure…Proto looked amazing…that coat just pushed me over the wrong side of the fence.
The baggy coat is 12inch DC Direct from 12 years ago, not high end 2021 1/6 scale collectible…Hermann and his giant coat will not be joining my collection after all…what a disappointment.

I was on the fence with this figure…Proto looked amazing…that coat just pushed me over the wrong side of the fence.
The baggy coat is 12inch DC Direct from 12 years ago, not high end 2021 1/6 scale collectible…Hermann and his giant coat will not be joining my collection after all…what a disappointment.
Same, was considering ordering soon since I like the head sculpts, but that coat changed my mind. Looks like a size XL on someone that wears small.

Looks like just a matter of futzing everything properly to me. Spreading out the coat lapels a bit and squaring up the shoulders with something underneath. Maybe tighten the belt a little.
Also noticed the scarf needs to be folded differently and the front brim of the hat heated and bent down just a bit. I think it’s all doable for me.

668F4D55-3918-4C33-ACBF-6D0C3AC9E220.jpeg

D4A7217E-17C7-434A-9B67-CAC1160EE077.jpeg

1C5CC3BA-7078-453F-A196-AE752096A408.jpeg

Any figure I ever see that is dressed in normal modern day street clothes versus a superhero suit… the pictures may not do it justice, but it always looks conspicuously doll-like. Like it’s really hard, apparently, to make the figure look natural and to be mistaken as real. (E.g., John Wick, Marty McFly, et al.) Now that may just be photography whereas in-hand may be a different story. But I’ve never owned such a figure.

This is going to be the first figure of this type I’ve ever purchased. Watchmen is one of the most important comics and movies for me. Personally, as a collector, I must have the entire Watchmen set. So this figure, whatever he actually looks like on the shelf or in photographs, is must-have for me.

It’s going to be interesting to me to see how ”futzable” this figure is with using water to get the property draping to the contours of the body.

As I get more interested in the photography aspect of this hobby, I also consider this an interesting challenge. How can I photograph this figure to make it look real? That will hopefully be a fun problem to solve.

The biggest challenge I see is how to create the illusion of small creases and wrinkles in the coat, given that the coat material is of a certain thickness that isn’t actually to 1/6 scale. In order to drape realistically the thickness of the fabric would have to be 1/6 of an actual leather trench coat. (And yes, I realize they used wax coated fabric in the movie, but for whatever reason that was to create the effect of it looking like leather. Clearly if the character was real he would not wear a wax coated fabric coat, lol.) That is extremely thin. I’m sure the fabric of the coat on this figure is nowhere near that thin.

Still, there may be some way to treat the fabric in order to shape it properly and get those creases and wrinkles to appear. Such as the coat looks here:

E9EC7CD1-6A4A-4FC6-B027-E972EBC02121.jpeg

I may end up having a coat custom made. In the past I’ve used an artist Gustavo Bautista Ponce in the FB 1/6 community for a commission, and he does really great work. So that may be the final answer for me.

I’m going to finalize my preorder.
I think it’s a good base that needs to be worked a bit.
Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with :)

not sure Gustavo does leather clothing tho.

Yeah I'm kind of conflicted on this figure. I think a custom jacket from someone would help this figure a lot. The rest looks like it's just a matter of knowing to futz it down. Not too much to complain on though for a $150 figure.

The original jacket is complicated since they went with some kind of waxed cotton material, which I imagine is hard to replicate at this scale.

Last edited:
I’m going to finalize my preorder.
I think it’s a good base that needs to be worked a bit.
Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with :)

not sure Gustavo does leather clothing tho.

He absolutely does! It’s his forte. I commissioned this studded leather chest armor for a kitbash for the NPC Minsc from the Baldur’s Gate game.

8DD037CA-9D0A-42F4-9220-5D76DB69360E.jpeg

He absolutely does! It’s his forte. I commissioned this studded leather chest armor for a kitbash for the NPC Minsc from the Baldur’s Gate game.

View attachment 552796
Keep in mind Rorschachs jacket isn't leather. It's a waxed cotton material. The closest I've ever seen someone come close to replicating it is from savage studios when they did their own custom run a while back.

k4GiAqT.jpg

Actual+Rorschach+watchmen+costume.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 552796
Cool custom. I own a few pieces by Gustavo but when I discussed with him about doing leather jackets he told me he wasn’t doing that.
Might be the case now.

Yunsil set was very well done but I would never pay that kind of money. This one will definitely look good once futzed customised might do a body swap too…

Attachments

• 5B22DB3A-18EF-42DC-BADB-F28A11DE51C4.jpeg
    5B22DB3A-18EF-42DC-BADB-F28A11DE51C4.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 66
  • B2AC15F2-0665-445C-B988-D0658C4A30BC.jpeg
    B2AC15F2-0665-445C-B988-D0658C4A30BC.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 72
I think even though the jacket wasn’t actually made of leather for the movie it looked leathery on film. So a thin pleather/leather material for a custom jacket would do the trick for a more accurate look. Something similar to the material used on the Sideshow Cyclops jacket in a darker color would probably be perfect.

I think even though the jacket wasn’t actually made of leather for the movie it looked leathery on film. So a thin pleather/leather material for a custom jacket would do the trick for a more accurate look. Something similar to the material used on the Sideshow Cyclops jacket in a darker color would probably be perfect.
They were going to use pleather but from all the flacking rusk complain they switched to some leathery cloth thing as the great review of our friend says

Back