Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 1 - 1/6 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inu-Yasha

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
It seems that Asmus has teased us Devil May Cry 1 Dante on their YouTube channel -
Screenshot_20240410-150532.png

I'm guessing this means they didn't lose the license. Trish must just have something wrong with her.

A lot. Lol!

Good thing they still have the license. Probably dealing with Capcom is a hassle. Still waiting for that 1/6 DT and SDT though...

devil-may-cry-taunt-o.gif

Asmus teases us with hope again like this...

You can take as long as it takes to make, ASMUS!
Please come out!

My favourite game and version of Dante. Exciting! I am worried about what his face will look like, as Asmus needed direct digital files from DMCV to produce those good head sculpts. I'm not confident about this older design with no files, but I desperately want this to be good, so fingers crossed.

My favourite game and version of Dante. Exciting! I am worried about what his face will look like, as Asmus needed direct digital files from DMCV to produce those good head sculpts. I'm not confident about this older design with no files, but I desperately want this to be good, so fingers crossed.

I hope they don’t take any artistic liberties with DMC1 Dante’s portrait like the way they did DMC3 Dante. Those were nice sculpts, but neither looked like the in game graphics nor the CG model.

Just give me the ‘flat’ polygonal, less textured, no bump mapping face we’ve all grown up with. If the sculptor insists on giving him a ‘realistic’ sculpt, then give collectors an additional PS2 graphical styled portrait as an accessory and let US choose which one to display our figure with.

Anything less will be a fail IMO.

And please try to get him right the 1st time? Don’t pull the rug out from under us with a version 1.5/2.0 later down the road.

I love Asmus and have admittedly gone easy on them…

But they need to up their game. Competition is getting strong.

I'm guessing this means they didn't lose the license. Trish must just have something wrong with her.
I asked Asmus before and they said they weren't satisfied with the paint on the headsculpt. Seems to be a case of they're making sure they're happy with the finished product. Better that than to release something sub par.

It's a shame companies like this don't invest in their PR/Social media pages to provide updates and interact with customers/supporters. I appreciate the info from Asmus however.

I asked Asmus before and they said they weren't satisfied with the paint on the headsculpt. Seems to be a case of they're making sure they're happy with the finished product. Better that than to release something sub par.

It's a shame companies like this don't invest in their PR/Social media pages to provide updates and interact with customers/supporters. I appreciate the info from Asmus however.
They had someone who was on the board here regularly, particularly in the LOTR section. Unfortunately, the bullying was a bit too much. I understand ppl being upset about the way certain products turned out like Evil Dead Ash, but the way the spokesperson was treated on here was quite horrid from what I remember. I wouldn't want to interact with the community any longer after all that either. So, IMO, it's understandable that they don't do that so much anymore. As the saying goes, one bad apple ruins the bunch, and I'm pretty sure this board was that bad apple.

They had someone who was on the board here regularly, particularly in the LOTR section. Unfortunately, the bullying was a bit too much. I understand ppl being upset about the way certain products turned out like Evil Dead Ash, but the way the spokesperson was treated on here was quite horrid from what I remember. I wouldn't want to interact with the community any longer after all that either. So, IMO, it's understandable that they don't do that so much anymore. As the saying goes, one bad apple ruins the bunch, and I'm pretty sure this board was that bad apple.
Oh I see, wasn't it the same with R_X_X or something like that, fella that was related to limtoys. I heard he left the last of us thread for the same reason.

Unfortunate really, should just ban people who take it too far

Back