1/6 Soosootoys Hermann 1/6 Figure (Watchmen Rorschach)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, also Giantoy is asking Soosoo if they can send replacement parts for the box. If not I can return (and presumably get another figure) or get comped (they didn't offer how much of a discount). Tempted to take the discount. I think it unlikely that I'll ever sell the figure.

I do think the unmasked head sits too low on the neck. You are correct that the placement of the masked heads sits just right, but I'd rather it be popped into the ball-socket without the use of Blu-Tack or any type of material.

I do think the unmasked head sits too low on the neck. You are correct that the placement of the masked heads sits just right, but I'd rather it be popped into the ball-socket without the use of Blu-Tack or any type of material.

Yeah, I agree that it's a bit of a hassle.

My guess would be that they made the prototype for the masked head sculpts first because they're easier and quicker to make. They used a smaller ball joint barbell connector for that. But when they made the prototype for the Walter Kovacs likeness they used a larger peg. And whoever was in charge of starting production missed the discrepancy. It's probably a fluke that the masked sculpt rests at the proper height when it's not popped in. I honestly don't see how anyone could pop it in. Like you'd heat up the inside of the head sculpt socket? Anyway, I actually toyed with the idea of using my Dremel tool to hollow it out more. But then I worried that I'd make it worse. Imo using blu-tack is a much simpler solution, and it does work quite well.

Got mine today, and that Walter head is just as well sculpted - and painted - as anything Hot Toys put out! This, however, creates a dilemma: I want to display a "Rorschach" figure but man, it would be a sin to leave Walter in the box! I like the material for the coat, too.

I have the Soosoo Kingpin on order and have no doubts it will be just as impressive. Can't wait to see what else they come up with in the future...

Please guys more & more pictures of this Rorschach figure in poses & has anyone ever actually taking the over coat off to see the other coat underneath seeing as you can display this in the full Walter outfit with him in the normal short blazer when hes holding hes sign.

Got mine today, and that Walter head is just as well sculpted - and painted - as anything Hot Toys put out! This, however, creates a dilemma: I want to display a "Rorschach" figure but man, it would be a sin to leave Walter in the box! I like the material for the coat, too.

I have the Soosoo Kingpin on order and have no doubts it will be just as impressive. Can't wait to see what else they come up with in the future...

Yes, exactly! There’s a problem of how to display him unmasked. The only scene where he’s wearing his trench coat without his mask that I can think of is right at the end when he screams at Doctor Manhattan to “Do it!” If he had a loose mask to hold in his hand that would be a dramatic pose, suggesting that moment. Otherwise it’s when he’s in prison wearing an orange jumpsuit that he’s unmasked. Or when he’s on the street walking around with his sign in regular clothes.

Please guys more & more pictures of this Rorschach figure in poses & has anyone ever actually taking the over coat off to see the other coat underneath seeing as you can display this in the full Walter outfit with him in the normal short blazer when hes holding hes sign.

For me it’ll have to be Saturday! Definitely looking forward to it.

I believe he’s got a pin striped purple blazer (same as pants) and white shirt under the coat which might be why the coat seems bulky and restrictive. Those two layers amount to a fat suit. It begs the question of whether removing the blazer will improve the figure‘s mobility but one would think so.

84A8C8F5-5B31-41DE-A562-5B8AE9596245.jpeg

Very basic pose as I quickly opened it after work. Will spend some time looking at it all today. Overall so impressed!

I just got it and opened it. I noticed it's in some of yours, is that flap on the right shoulder supposed to be unattached?

TtpnzMa.jpg

I just quickly settled on this just for now. I still think this was worth it but there are some annoying things. As mentioned the neck peg is just not even close to working with the masked heads. The masked heads look great though, I almost thought they were cloth when I opened it up. I didn't have any blue tak handy to attach one, so using the sculpt.

The hands are just OK. The wrist joint is one I haven't really seen, it's kind of blunt at the end and is large. I just scraped out the hole a little in the alternate hands to make it easier to put them on/off cause it was being a huge paint to get them on. The paint appears to rub off pretty easily, both fists had paint rub on one knuckle. Very small, like 1mm square but it's obvious. Only the head had plastic on it from the factory so they must've just rubbed in shipment. I tried putting the sign in the hand, but it had trouble holding a pose w/ the wrist joint.

The body has single joints, which presented another issue when trying to pose it holding the sign against his body kind of like the comic.

The rest of it is pretty great IMO. The accessories are really well done, the grappnel gun is awesome with the multiple wire effects to attach, just feels quality. The flame and matches is a pretty good effect too.

It's really tightly tied, like the sort of thing I know I'll never get back to how it looked coming from the factory. I was tempted to undo it and replace the body with a double jointed elbow one but I don't know if it'll be worth the effort.

Walter Kovacs has landed.
My first soosoo toys, simple but very well done.
Not a fan of the big stand I would prefer a basic one that takes less space or less bulky .
Can't wait for the comedian.

First thing I did was double tape the collar so it sits flat. I may glue it so it's permanent.
When I saw the first pics I was scared it would be too baggy, that I would need to change the body but no it looks very good.
Coat could be tighter but you will need to remove the jacket suit under.
I'm bad with knots so for now he's good like this.
But what really helped was to change the neck peg for a longer one.
Now the heads sit slightly higher and it helps totally giving him much nicer proportions.

The issues with the heads having tighter grips is easy to work with, same for the hands just a bit of hairdryer and you're good. Without you could break the pegs in the hands.
Some bad pics as my lense distort the proportion a bit.

Really a great figure.
No I need to find a civilian or inmate suit for that awesome Walter headsculpt.
FC6CB284-07AB-4BB5-AECE-2D34D49EBDC4.png
73446F5A-7D47-4463-9C68-C4E9937CFF52.png
7607FF43-3CA1-47C6-8680-C7A463A6352E.png

Last edited:
Looks excellent. I went ahead and ordered from Cotswald Collectibles. Had to pay a premium compared to others here, but that's the price for waiting to see in-hand pics before ordering.

Got him late from Comic Sanctorum for a fantastic HKD 1130 + HKD 224 shipping. From what I have read on freaks board they appear to being trust worthy.
Toy wonderland new front.
Declare full price so you will be hit by customs.
Also if you have a problem don't count on them just open directly a paypal claim.

Got him late from Comic Sanctorum for a fantastic HKD 1130 + HKD 224 shipping. From what I have read on freaks board they appear to being trust worthy.

Nice! Yeah, they’re Toys Wonderland’s sister site if you will. I’ve ordered several figures from TW without any problems. Got my eye on a couple of the third party figures at CS right now.

Back