1/6 Soosootoys Hermann 1/6 Figure (Watchmen Rorschach)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One detail I noticed.
The scarf is not folded accurately on the figure.
It's some sort of crossed V but in the movie and comics it's in the center.

maxresdefault.jpg
7cf841727c31ad78038ccc71e2eaebdd.jpg
16416643502563320602835360745750.jpg

Did the mod.
I tried to unbutton to make it easier to redo the scarf but it was quite tight so just worked around it.
The movie scarf is white will see down the line if I want to go to that length.

It's a very iconic figure.
I haven't even tried the accessories yet.
16416725362988618250853399437608.jpg

This is original body. Bit muscular, especially upper body.
I think it’s GangHood 2.0 body.

I’ll replace another slim body.

1E50FA33-3E1E-4760-A380-9E2A3CD11DE9.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks was wondering what body was it.

What do you plan to use?
You have more pics of the stripped figure?

I want to use TTM22 but it’s too expensive. I'm still thinking about it.

Which pic do you want to see?
I think you can find some slim under some star wars trooper, I think boba fett is a slim too.
they have padded suit.
i have some I think, would be nice for him to have double joints at the arm and a 2 parts chest... But then again I'm not sure I want him in more dynamic poses...

DID is releasing this one soon I think but the feet will need mod
https://www.did.co/portfolio/oa60002/
if you had pics without the coat?
I'm wondering if the coat would look better without the purple suit jacket under it that gives more padding.

how did you unbutton him, that looks quite tight grip.

Thanks

Last edited:
For the life of me I could not figure out how to tie the scarf to get both ends to drape side by side in the front like that. So I just made up a knot that roughly approximates it. If anyone cracks that, please share!

Also, I still intend to spray down the the pant legs with warm water from a spray bottle to get them to drape more naturally. I’ll get around to it eventually.

The coat is great! The material seems to be basically same as Daftoys or OSK’s Knightmare Batman trench coat. It’s not baggy at all and in fact if anything is a bit too tight for posing, as it tends to constrict dynamic posing.

If I wanted to be really fussy I‘d buy a Tamiya weathering kit for the shoes. But that’s not a necessity.

The Kovacs head sculpt is truly amazing. It’s a shame to keep it in the box! But the essence of the character is his mask. So most of the time he’ll be masked in my display.

I’m as happy with this figure as I am with most of my Hot Toys. Happier in some cases. If Soosoo does in fact follow through and make the entire Watchmen team I will be over the moon to see them assembled at this level of quality.

More poses coming today.

Last edited:
For the life of me I could not figure out how to tie the scarf to get both ends to drape side by side in the front like that. So I just made up a knot that roughly approximates it. If anyone cracks that, please share!

Also, I still intend to spray down the the pant legs with warm water from a spray bottle to get them to drape more naturally. I’ll get around to it eventually.

The coat is great! The material seems to be basically same as Daftoys or OSK’s Knightmare Batman trench coat. It’s not baggy at all and in fact if anything is a bit too tight for posing, as it tends to constrict dynamic posing.

If I wanted to be really fussy I‘d buy a Tamiya weathering kit for the shoes. But that’s not a necessity.

The Kovacs head sculpt is truly amazing. It’s a shame to keep it in the box! But the essence of the character is his mask. So most of the time he’ll be masked in my display.

I’m as happy with this figure as I am with most of my Hot Toys. Happier in some cases. If Soosoo does in fact follow through and make the entire Watchmen team I will be over the moon to see them assembled at this level of quality.

More poses coming today.
For the scarf I just followed this real scarf tutorial for an ascot knot

Two things limit the coat movements, the suit jacket and white shirt but also the body, thanks to Seaknob we know it's a gang hood body hence only single elbow joint, no neck or chest articulations.
Body swap would help a lot, a slim body HT DID or maybe a Damtoy Wich are smaller slimmer could work.
If the buttons and belt knot were not so complicated to undo/redo I would have already tested other slim bodies since I have a few.
But I'm not feeling it right now lol he already looks great as is.

For the scarf I just followed this real scarf tutorial for an ascot knot

Two things limit the coat movements, the suit jacket and white shirt but also the body, thanks to Seaknob we know it's a gang hood body hence only single elbow joint, no neck or chest articulations.
Body swap would help a lot, a slim body HT DID or maybe a Damtoy Wich are smaller slimmer could work.
If the buttons and belt knot were not so complicated to undo/redo I would have already tested other slim bodies since I have a few.
But I'm not feeling it right now lol he already looks great as is.

Ah, Okay, so I guess one end is draping over the front and it’s folded such that it looks like two pieces. To achieve the distinctive look in the film it’d be a bit of a challenge for a scarf this small and thin.

Yes I think the movie scarf has some sort of fold or hole in the middle.
It would be probably doable in 1/6, fold that specific part, glue it.
Will wait that a gifted customizer lead the way 😅

I've been playing around with effects in paint.net. I'm eventually going to pop for a decent camera but for now it's just iPhone 11 and paint.net, lol.

I gotta say, this Rorschach figure has actually exceeded my expectations which were riding fairly high based on recent purchases of Soosoo’s Titan’s Dick Grayson Robin and Nightwing. Soosoo is imho on par with HT. It’s akin to what Asmus has finally managed to do with it’s line of Tolkien figures.

To think that after all these years we’re finally getting the full lineup of Watchmen at this quality level is amazing. (Well, if Soosoo follows through with that promise, that is. But they’re on a roll recently so fingers crossed.)

Justin of Justin’s Collection says that the coat is made of a waxed fabric. I’m not sure if that’s true. But anyway it looks like same material as whatever was used for the Daftoys Knightmare Batman trench coat. (And probably also OSK’s version, which I don’t own, but judging from pics and videos.)

Back