SooSoo Toys "The Saviour" Ozymandias | Watchmen 2009 | 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t have any of them yet. I wonder if the full team will be completed. Hasn’t it been quite a while since Ozymandias was announced?
This thread was created in late June 2022, so the wait has been about as long as the typical Hot Toys release.

Since SooSoo have shown nothing else Watchmen released since Dr Manhattan appeared as a silhouette a year ago, we may not see the next addition for a long while.

Now the excitement is has refreshed anew with the impending release, I was wondering if anyone here had the Hot Toys Silk Spectre II from about a decade ago? There's scant reviews on YouTube and from what I saw the clothing looked pretty poorly tailored and the doll-hair didn't help much. I'm sure there's a thread on here, but I really want to see this figure through 2023 eyes, not 2013 eyes.

I'm wondering if this is something that's going to be a too-hard-basket for Soosoo based on the smaller size and complicated costume (and it's mix of materials).

Soosoo did mention Nite Owl and there's already been a tease for Dr Manhattan.. maybe they're hoping the technology/production techniques improve in the next 2-3 years to make Silk Spectre a possibility before officially announcing?

I too have just received notification of Ozy’s impending shipment. Exciting times.

Like above, I really do hope that we get the full line-up this time as we have had very little hints/show of the remaining 3 🤞🏻

I don’t have any of them yet. I wonder if the full team will be completed. Hasn’t it been quite a while since Ozymandias was announced?

Yes! There’s a number of figures that were announced by Soosoo about a year ago that are now finally getting released. Honestly, I think Soosoo must have gone on production hiatus for some reason. But regardless they’re back at it now, with release of Homelander, Jason Todd, Red Hood, Ozymandias, and Prince. Homelander was announced almost 2 years ago. But the others I think were about a year or so.

Now the excitement is has refreshed anew with the impending release, I was wondering if anyone here had the Hot Toys Silk Spectre II from about a decade ago? There's scant reviews on YouTube and from what I saw the clothing looked pretty poorly tailored and the doll-hair didn't help much. I'm sure there's a thread on here, but I really want to see this figure through 2023 eyes, not 2013 eyes.

I'm wondering if this is something that's going to be a too-hard-basket for Soosoo based on the smaller size and complicated costume (and it's mix of materials).

Soosoo did mention Nite Owl and there's already been a tease for Dr Manhattan.. maybe they're hoping the technology/production techniques improve in the next 2-3 years to make Silk Spectre a possibility before officially announcing?

I’m sure the appropriate suit materials are available currently for Silk Spectre. It’ll be an interesting choice whether they make her with rooted hair versus molded. A higher end brand like InArt would do the rooted hair well. But sort of on general principles I don’t trust a third party company to do that for a character with hair like Silk Spectre‘s. Come to think of it, I wouldn’t trust Hot Toys to do rooted hair for Silk Spectre. Only InArt at this point. But Soosoo’s artists have been doing an excellent job with sculpted hair recently, so I’d actually prefer that.

Doctor Manhattan I would expect will be a Phicen, i.e., silicone body, died blue.

Nite Owl I should think would call for the most traditional methods of production among the three remaining.

I’m looking forward to Nite Owl the most among the three figures that are left!

Last edited:
Some select reposts from a more extensive photo shoot that someone shared from a first look on FB. Looks amazing!

5E8CF099-AA64-4C33-BDBA-EDFB2D852D59.jpeg

F588A8B1-3D0B-4C1E-A18D-B07066DED126.jpeg

5F727553-A0BB-4846-92D0-C635EB49A346.jpeg

7A4D5DEE-76A1-416D-83F9-A85D38DA93FA.jpeg

40029A8C-8703-4A27-8552-65FFA05C8353.jpeg

79E77B73-6B5C-426B-8F61-08D31810A9CA.jpeg

Last edited:
Unmasked sculpt might be a bit wide eyed? The masked sculpt (or sculpt with mask placed on it if mask is separate) looks spot on, though.

Looks very good especially with the mask. I had been planning to get this line, and did pick up Rorschach. But with everything else that’s being produced these days Watchmen moved to the back burner. I may circle back in a few months and grab Ozzy and the Comedian unless they start going up in the secondary. While I like Watchmen, at this point it’s not really a must have line for me.

Theres a short unboxing video on their Facetube site, he’s looking quite nice.

Very good quality, as I’ve found with all of their releases.

I do very much like the design of the movie suit.

I am so relieved that this figure looks this good. Pics and reviews I’ve seen of the “Johnlander” head sculpt worried me a bit. But with this figure Soosoo seems to be sayin’

IMG_2101.gif

I can't believe the complete lack of love for this figure.. what's happened to all the people who bought Comedians and Rorschachs?

Mine should be here tomorrow or the next day, really looking forward to it based on the minimal amount of coverage I've seen thus far..

I can't believe the complete lack of love for this figure.. what's happened to all the people who bought Comedians and Rorschachs?

Mine should be here tomorrow or the next day, really looking forward to it based on the minimal amount of coverage I've seen thus far..

Yeah, I’m surprised that there’s not a single video out there on this figure yet. I expected Big Breda to get one out by now. I watched his stream recently and when he mentioned this release the other collectors on the show with him were evidently all Star Wars and MCU normies who all said they had no idea who the figure was. At least the ones the spoke up about it. They seemed to be turning their noses up at it. One neckbeard said he didn’t even know what Watchmen is, lol. But I’m expecting Justin and Jedha to do videos on it. Both have covered the two preceding Soosoo Watchmen figures. Hopefully Brooklyn Wolf will as well, although best I can see he didn’t cover Rorschach and Comedian so he may not be collecting Soosoo’s Watchmen line.

Similarly, except for a quick unboxing tease video by Big Breda I’m not seeing any review videos yet for Flashpoint’s “Deathknell.”

Last edited:
Back