SooSoo Toys "The Saviour" Ozymandias | Watchmen 2009 | 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should read. With Giantoy you would pay 5$ taxes.
Yeah I found that later and mentioned it here:

I checked around a bit and they have a tax "hack" similar to OSK where they declare tax differenty, so I may end up paying just 10$ instead of 30%. I'll think about it, certainly.

I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. Thanks for the tip though.

I wonder if this entire collection is one of those things just offbeat enough that many collectors won’t feel quite motivated enough to pull the trigger (like we all have to draw the line somewhere in our collections). On the other hand, for collectors that love the movie this is just about impossible to pass on. And I expect there’s probably enough of hardcore fans of the movie to sell out the preorders for each figure. Once the entire team is assembled it’ll really look amazing on the shelf. The aftermarket prices on these could be insane. I would imagine that eBay “speculators” that buy and sell toys on eBay, FB, etc., mainly to make money will snatch these up as well.

Last edited:
Any update on when this one will be released peeps?
Can’t wait, 3 down, 3 to go - bloody love this film, tis one of my favs.

Still waiting on SooSoo’s Homelander which is approx 20 months in the pipeline so I’d expect to see that release before Ozy.

Unfortunately, haven't seen anything on it recently on Soosoo Fans FB.

Not sure what happened to SooSoo Toys.
They use to announce and release fairly quickly.

Now they keep announcing figures but almost nothing get released.
Homelander, Robin (V2), red Hood; all on pre-order almost 2 years ago. But Invincible and Rogue have already been released.

I remember not long ago that everyone was saying they were about to surpass Hot Toys in quality.
They ended up only surpassing them in production delays.
Sad

This is why I was so anxious for them to release Nite Owl lol, I'm afraid this line might be abandoned.

Anyone heard anything more about whether SooSoo dropped the Watchmen line? I picked up the first 2 thinking I could make an awesome set for display, but considering selling these to put towards more mainstream lines.
please advise if anyone has any info. Thanks

I have mine pre-ordered through One Sixth Outfitters and have not heard a peep. Not overly concerned yet though b/c "Herman" (aka their Rorschach) took about a year from when I pre-ordered to order fulfillment.

Anyone heard anything more about whether SooSoo dropped the Watchmen line? I picked up the first 2 thinking I could make an awesome set for display, but considering selling these to put towards more mainstream lines.
please advise if anyone has any info. Thanks
SooSoo are like 2 years late releasing their Homelander.
They haven’t dropped this line as far as I know; they’re just incredibly incompetent and unproductive.

I wonder what the issue is. They were consistently cranking out some great figures then it seemed to come to a screeching halt.

Last edited:
SooSoo are like 2 years late releasing their Homelander.
They haven’t dropped this line as far as I know; they’re just incredibly incompetent and unproductive.
Making unlicensed figures of big properties doesn’t come without its risks. Seems like WB/DC has finally started cracking down so I’m wondering if that has anything to do with their delays. Doesn’t explain Homelander but I’ve written that off at this point.

Thanks for your all your inputs. Based on stated delays for other figures of theirs 1-2 years, I guess I will keep the Comedian and Rorschach a little while longer and hope that we see an update on Ozymandias from SooSoo. However, I am thinking that seeing a full Watchman line-up from them now will be unlikely. I was specifically excited to see how they may have approached Dr Manhattan, Seemless blue body, or a regular body covered up by his interview suit.

Plus all the issues with C19 continuing over there and therefore wreaking havoc isn’t going to help production and development.

Plus all the issues with C19 continuing over there and therefore wreaking havoc isn’t going to help production and development.
If we learned one thing from C19- and especially China’s continued suffering, it’s that the most effective approach is to simply let healthy people’s immune systems do what they were designed to do.

Although, after everything with C19, if something vastly more deadly does come along in the future, the compliance rate will be so much lower that we probably will be doomed for real.

Hopefully SooSoo can release all those damn figures I’ve paid for before then!

Well, Soosoo posted this on FB last night or this morning:

5315FBE8-8435-4B15-A61A-C68C2886213C.jpeg

040 is Ozymandias.

Well, Soosoo posted this on FB last night or this morning:

View attachment 663335

040 is Ozymandias.
Issues aside from the various setbacks, they should have Dr M as a PO by now.

Or at least have shown the proto, isn’t he the only one from the 10 last year that hasn’t been revealed?

I wonder why he’s taking so long, trying to colour a Phicen body and have it stay painted maybe, or some lighting gimic - I’m not bothered about lighting…

Issues aside from the various setbacks, they should have Dr M as a PO by now.

Or at least have shown the proto, isn’t he the only one from the 10 last year that hasn’t been revealed?

I wonder why he’s taking so long, trying to colour a Phicen body and have it stay painted maybe, or some lighting gimic - I’m not bothered about lighting…

I dunno, it kind of looks like Soosoo stopped production entirely for a while. In addition to Ozymandias they’re behind on Homelander, the upgraded (rooted hair) Nightwing, Tim Drake, and Red Hood. I think the last figure they released was Kingpin? Not sure, but to my knowledge it’s been a while since we’ve seen anything released by them.

Back