SooSoo Toys "The Saviour" Ozymandias | Watchmen 2009 | 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rorschach is short. Adrian looking a lot taller there might just be the perspective and camera angle.

Jackie Earle Haley (Rorschach) 5’ 5”
Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Comedian) 6’ 1”
Matthew Goode (Ozymandias) 6’ 2”

Last edited:
I received my figure today. The box looks to be in perfect shape. Taking my chances by wrapping it and putting it under the tree for unboxing on Christmas Day.

Or are the others short? May be accurate to the actors perhaps? A bit of a reach may be…
The Rorschach one is supposed to be short. But The Comedian is not. The body they used for the Comedian figure is quite a tall one, that’s why I think Ozymandias is too tall. The actor is taller, but just a little bit.

Lots of complaints going around Facebook's SooSoo group about this but I swear every photo looks fantastic.

People still seem disappointed in the rubber suit choice but this appears more about the choice of body underneath not fitting it correctly. Mine's yet to arrive, but hopefully soon. This poster thought the cape was mis-made and a few people chimed in with the same sentiments but SooSoo posted a reference image that showed it was accurate, maybe it needed some manipulation/water treatment to look as intended.

Anyway, I'm still excited for him.

1701572566932.png

Lots of complaints going around Facebook's SooSoo group about this but I swear every photo looks fantastic.

People still seem disappointed in the rubber suit choice but this appears more about the choice of body underneath not fitting it correctly. Mine's yet to arrive, but hopefully soon. This poster thought the cape was mis-made and a few people chimed in with the same sentiments but SooSoo posted a reference image that showed it was accurate, maybe it needed some manipulation/water treatment to look as intended.

Anyway, I'm still excited for him.

View attachment 676612

Ditto!

I get that folks want him to be more posable, that’s totally understandable. No doubt I will feel that way as well. But honestly, for me being able to pose him dynamically is just a bonus practically speaking. I never leave figures posed dynamically in the first place. At least judging from photos the suit itself looks really good, including the cape. I’ll have him posed so that the back of the cape won’t be visible. The masked head sculpt looks absolutely spot-on. And to me the masked sculpt is the more iconic of the two. I’m expecting to be really pleased with this guy standing alongside the other two Watchmen figures on display.

Has anyone dealt with TNS Figures regarding returning a damaged figure? If so was it an easy and pleasant experience?
Also, can anyone confirm that both leg knee joints are ratcheted?

I received my “Saviour” Ozymandias today and was excited to open it up and it on display.
Now I do understand that this figure has limited articulation due to the type of material used for the suit and I expected that. The arms could barely hold an elbow fold and the arms could just about hold the arms about 40 degrees from the side. (I could feel no ratcheting of the joints at all). OK, I could live with that as I think this was commonly reported.

However, when it came to the knees, while I did see a similar problem with the knees it was only with the left leg! The left leg would only hold about a 30 degree bend (again no feel of any ratcheting in the joint). BUT the right leg had a firm ratcheting joint allowing the leg to get to almost 90 degrees.

So, it should be safe to assume (regardless of arm limitations) that the left leg should have a ratchet joint like the right. I want to return it back to TNS for a replacement as I do see this as a defective figure. Trouble is, I don’t know how to photographically show presence/absence of ratchet joints when a delicate suit covers them.

Last edited:
Has anyone dealt with TNS Figures regarding returning a damaged figure? If so was it an easy and pleasant experience?
Also, can anyone confirm that both leg knee joints are ratcheted?

I received my “Saviour” Ozymandias today and was excited to open it up and it on display.
Now I do understand that this figure has limited articulation due to the type of material used for the suit and I expected that. The arms could barely hold an elbow fold and the arms could just about hold the arms about 40 degrees from the side. (I could feel no ratcheting of the joints at all). OK, I could live with that as I think this was commonly reported.

However, when it came to the knees, while I did see a similar problem with the knees it was only with the left leg! The left leg would only hold about a 30 degree bend (again no feel of any ratcheting in the joint). BUT the right leg had a firm ratcheting joint allowing the leg to get to almost 90 degrees.

So, it should be safe to assume (regardless of arm limitations) that the left leg should have a ratchet joint like the left. I want to return it back to TNS for a replacement as I do see this as a defective figure. Trouble is, I don’t know how to photographically show presence/absence of ratchet joints when a delicate suit covers them.

I’ve contacted them before via email at [email protected]. They were responsive and helpful.

Finally a full video review!

I'm relieved to see that in-hand it does look really, really good. And especially that in-hand the unmasked head sculpt looks great.

Last edited:
Finally a full video review!

I'm relieved to see that in-hand it does look really, really good.

It doesn’t look half bad- but it’s essentially a statue.
Pose-ability doesn’t appear to be a concern for that particular reviewer/collector though.

The suit material feels quite cheap as well, and that sense is amplified by how much empty space there is between the suit and the crappy body underneath- like a step below HT’s Begins Batman.

Both sculpts are a miss for me as well, which is expected from SooSoo, but I’d still hope for something slightly closer.

He’s required for a full Watchmen team though, and, if you’re happy going simple with the pose, he’ll do the job.
IMG_2351.jpeg

SooSoo hasn’t announced any other Watchmen figures have they? I remember they teased Doctor Manhattan when they showed the silhouettes of several figures they were planning but that seems like ages ago.

SooSoo hasn’t announced any other Watchmen figures have they? I remember they teased Doctor Manhattan when they showed the silhouettes of several figures they were planning but that seems like ages ago.

Just 2 weeks ago Soosoo asked on their FB page whether we would prefer Doctor Manhattan or Nite Owl next.

Awesome. I would be happy with either but feel Nite Owl would fit in with the others a little better at this point but I don’t have FB and won’t be weighing in. Thanks

Awesome. I would be happy with either but feel Nite Owl would fit in with the others a little better at this point but I don’t have FB and won’t be weighing in. Thanks

Agree, Nite Owl is what I would like next. Then Silk Spectre. And Doctor Manhattan last.

Another unboxing and review video, again favorable overall. If you don’t speak Spanish just activate closed caption and auto-translate.

There’s obviously a personal taste and individual perception aspect to acknowledge here. I know some have issues with the figure, and particularly with regard to articulation due to the rubber suit, I respect those complaints. But I have to say, I like what I’m seeing in terms of the overall look and both head sculpts. I’m pretty sure at this point that I’m going to be very pleased when I unbox on Christmas morning.

Last edited:
Brutal! Haha. Interesting what sorts of words get used as slang for “exceptionally good” in different languages.

Last edited:
That's a great review! The more I see the suit, the more I'm thinking about padding parts of the limbs up to get the articulation less distorted. Also considering how you could possibly cut the suit up into smaller pieces and affix them to the body properly.. especially separating the toros piece from the waist and the legs...I do like a challenge.. But yeah, he doesn't need the dynamic posing for me; his presence speaks for itself. (Still waiting for mine to arrive)

Back