SooSoo - 1/6 SST-057 Mr. Ice (Mr. Freeze: Batman & Robin, 1997)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure looks fantastic and I will PO for sure... my only disappointment is that the slippers are sculpted.

That said, I suppose they will support the figure better being hard.

The likeness on this is . . . really ******* good.

Damn. The Freeze head alone is better than anything Hot Toys did for their Terminators. Crazy. I like the blue paint effect on the headsculpt too.

Not gonna lie.... this looks ******* awesome!
As @DiFabio says the likeness is honestly spot on - its probably got the best look to Arnold in 1/6 out there...
There is no logical reason for why I am so charmed by this figure, I dont know if its the sculpt, the polar bear slippers, the lounge robe or what but this is just calling to me for reasons beyond my ken - I honestly really like it.
Love that it comes with that ice sculpture chair!
Welp... guess I'm getting at least one Arnie Freeze

Now the question is do I get the Dragon Toys Armor Freeze, I loved @Hologram AI idea about using the empty suit next to this figure and I dont think that figure looks so bad [insanely out of scale pauldrons aside].....
decisions, decisions..... what do you guys think?
Whom among you are thinking of getting both [or either]

Even having this with maybe the armored Dragon version next to it empty would make for a fun display.

472656-382169809-694754085836259-4637704347375633982-n.jpg
ca93c36d21f67f16f5226aadaa7edfdd.jpg

Despite the "weird toe", that's a brilliant idea -- that way the suit is present but doesn't look like a Transformer character has joined Gotham's Rogues. Expensive accessory but great idea!

That was a brillaint suggestion... and one I'm still toying with. $232 is an expensive accessory, but I've spent more for less.

It is a fantastic idea, I can picture the shelf with them on now - I'm thinking I will spray the shelf with some of that spray on artifical snow/frost you can put on Xmas trees to make it look like he is in his cold lair planning his next crime and I will have his suit standing behind him with the LED light on looking menacing.... hell down the line I might get a large jar/cylinder and suspend a 1/6 female figure in acrylic or some viscous liquid to replicate Nora.

Like you said, we've probably spent more on worse accessories, parts and dioramas for figures!

For me the mechanical suit may not be a perfect film replica [... but that might be a little to its credit considering the film :ROFLMAO: ] but rather a way to represent this character's iconic and complicated Cold suit - in design it really isnt so far from the classic designs which all look somewhat futuristic by necessity - and I dont see another company besides possibly Mars doing a Freeze in his armor for a long time [HT will never do an Arkham Freeze to accompany XE suit Batman, if they were they would have announced them together] as there are no other live action portrayals to base a figure off [besides Adam West series - but that would be very far down the line of his classic rogues gallery and I just dont see it happening].

You make good points. Two Victors in the hand is worth one over at Mars.

But if someone told me 10 years ago that I'd be spending over $400 on Schumacher's Mr. Freeze I would have laughed.

Last edited:
You make good points. Two Victors in the hand is worth one over at Mars.

But if someone told me 10 years ago that I'd be spending over $400 on Schumacher's Mr. Freeze I would have laughed.
Me too... its a fair point. :ROFLMAO:
I'm not gonna jump the gun on this - gonna have to run it by people more sensible than me first to see if I have been seized by temporary insanity or whether it would look as cool as I'm imagining.
Deffo getting this Mr Ice robe version though! Its just too fun to resist!

Wonder if Mars will now announce a deluxe like they did with '66 Riddler, giving us both Cryo and pajama Freeze in one box.

That's my concern as well, since we already know they are working on one.

I find the SooSoo proto hard to beat... but I am unfamiliar with SooSoo toys (except that Kit won't sell them, so that's not a good sign to me).

How is SooSoo -- is there a large drop-off from proto to production?

That's my concern as well, since we already know they are working on one.

I find the SooSoo proto hard to beat... but I am unfamiliar with SooSoo toys (except that Kit won't sell them, so that's not a good sign to me).

How is SooSoo -- is there a large drop-off from proto to production?
I’ve had a few SooSoo figures and I haven’t noticed any drop off from proto to production. They’ve all been excellent figures. Their classic Loki is my latest and it’s super high quality.

Never thought I would want this character abd in this outfit 26 years ago but in the spirit of this film - yeap I am soosoo going to be buying this.

I do wonder why Kit doesn’t sell SooSoo. He works with so many other third party manufacturers. Must be some reasoning.

I've been tempted by a couple SooSoo figures previously Night Vigilante (Nightwing) and their Grayson Robin (can’t remember the product name). Haven’t bought one of their figures yet though.

From what I remember, Kit was working with Vimal on a special sculpt/figure and SooSoo used one of Vimal's sculpts for a figure without permission.

Back