SooSoo - 1/6 SST-057 Mr. Ice (Mr. Freeze: Batman & Robin, 1997)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it wasn’t SooSoo I would never have preordered it. They have traditionally produced figures that look like the proto. Classic Loki and Rorschach were just a couple I’d gotten that could stand next to a HT just fine and their Boss figure looks superb in every pic I’ve seen. I’m banking on this being the same.

If it wasn’t SooSoo I would never have preordered it. They have traditionally produced figures that look like the proto. Classic Loki and Rorschach were just a couple I’d gotten that could stand next to a HT just fine and their Boss figure looks superb in every pic I’ve seen. I’m banking on this being the same.

That's reassuring. But I'm stinging with my Eternal Penguin purchase right now. Not sure I want to jump into another.

Do SooSoo figures usually sell out before release? Very tempted by this but might wait and see what Mars Toys come up with first.

That's reassuring. But I'm stinging with my Eternal Penguin purchase right now. Not sure I want to jump into another.
I feel a bit the same but SooSoo have a pretty decent track record at least. I had never heard of Eternal so that was a gamble that unfortunately I (and you) lost on.

I feel like I’ve watched enough SooSoo reviews by Justin to kind of gauge their quality. They seem pretty good to me for the most part.

That's probably one of the best 1/6 Arnie sculpts I've seen. The fact that it's bald opens up a lot of custom possibilities. Whoever did the Space Tracker should get hold of this and knock out some T-800's, a Conan and maybe even a Doug Quaid. Nice one! It's high time there was a definitive Arnie head.

GianToy's still down on my end.
OneSixthOutfitters had him. Went to buy. $23.99 shipping + the deposit. No.
TNS had him with free shipping. Score~

Despite the Eternal Toys Penguin fiasco I am still gonna pre-order this chap - SooSoo tend to be pretty good tbh, Ive had their figures before and they can easily sit next to HT figures and look on par.

This Mr Ice will be far closer to the proto than that Penguin is.

GianToy's still down on my end.
OneSixthOutfitters had him. Went to buy. $23.99 shipping + the deposit. No.
TNS had him with free shipping. Score~
Weird your still having issues with GT.

Letting you know he is $1 cheaper at TNS so it has worked in your favour really!

I went with KGHobby - works out to the same as TNS with the shipping, and I have bought from them a lot over the years.

Still need to decide on the armored suit, I dont think Mars would do a Mr Freeze double-pack like they did with Gorshin Riddler - the armor is too complicated and different from the bathrobe to be cost effective selling them together, I see this being more like the Ceasar Romero Joker situation with multiple iterations/releases of different looks.
With that in mind I am committed to this Soosoo Mr Ice, they do great work and this figure is guaranteed and I dont see how a Mars version could exceed what I'm seeing here - this is the best Arnie sculpt I have ever seen, the tailoring looks awesome and it comes with all the accessories this costume could justify - its the full package.

Question then... get Dragon Toys suit - warts and all [and keeping in mind possible downgrades as we have learnt with Eternal Penguin] or wait for Mars Toys effort [which is a big question mark all around in terms of not only look/execution but whether it will even be made at all... and given how slow Mars can be and how many things are already in the pipeline.... it could honestly be years before we see the Freeze Prototype and a couple more years again for it to manifest in hand....]

Decisions, decisions.....

Last edited:
SooSoo has a great track record. I have quite a few of their figures and their production has pretty much matched 1/1 with their prototypes. They are NOTHING like Eternals. Just some of the figures I have from them:

52866426094_2b7f28b1a4_k_d.jpg

52183428002_28313a4549_k_d.jpg
51842048562_b9234bd244_k_d.jpg

SooSoo has a great track record. I have quite a few of their figures and their production has pretty much matched 1/1 with their prototypes. They are NOTHING like Eternals. Just some of the figures I have from them:

52866426094_2b7f28b1a4_k_d.jpg

52183428002_28313a4549_k_d.jpg
51842048562_b9234bd244_k_d.jpg
Those all look wonderful!
Have the Classic Loki myself and its a really good figure.

How come I've never seen that Goblin before! Anywhere he might still be available?

That's my concern as well, since we already know they are working on one.

I find the SooSoo proto hard to beat... but I am unfamiliar with SooSoo toys (except that Kit won't sell them, so that's not a good sign to me).

How is SooSoo -- is there a large drop-off from proto to production?
To echo what Hologramai, said; I have several SooSoo figures and the proto quality is essentially exactly what you’ll get in most cases.

Their Classic Loki is outstanding. That is making me really tempted to snatch this while I can...

I have given up on the Dragon Freeze. I will wait for Mars.

Would be great if they included his ice gun as he did use in the outfit while sitting on the couch.

Would make for a great display option.

Back