Sony Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm

While the movie was fun and a visual treat at times all it did was confirm for me that when you create clones of a great character all it does is dilute the uniqueness of the core character and that is a HUGE problem in this industry and has always been a pet peeve of mine. Only few clones have been as good as the original.

Miles was ok I guess but just that...ok...BUT every single other Spiderman rip off were absolute garbage especially that stupid girl with robot just garbage, Noir....boring....SpiderHam....useless and no not cute either....Gwen....meh.

Regarding the plot Miles learning curve was all over the place and their abilities were poorly handled.

One second they’re walking away without a single bruise after getting hit by a full speed train or a fall from great distance to the next second were a human can kill them with just their bare hands it completely takes you out of the movie and yes the live action movies suffer from that as well but not to this extreme.

Regarding that blurred background crap I swear I thought the theater screwed up and was playing the 3D version.

The family next to me even asked if we were supposed to be wearing 3D glasses!

It literally looked like a 3D image when you’re not wearing 3D glasses.

That was really bad!

Also what genius at Sony/Marvel thought it was a good idea to end a cute Spiderman themed Christmas song by having the singer end the song with “Why was I made to sing this STUPID song!”

Parents in the theater were all like “WTF”

A little girl next to me said to her parents....”That wasn’t nice”.

No it wasn’t she’s 100% right about that...real dumb Sony/Marvel.

End credits was cool but they could’ve done sooo much more with it than what we got.

Oh well at least thin Spiderman looked great in his Raimi costume!

Best superhero movie of the year yeah NO!

Hmm, I guess it’s still better than BP though.

:chase

Damn was jye this nitpicky with Homecoming? Probably not since it's part of the MCU. :chase

:lol

Me on the left and MCU on the right lol

giphy.gif

Last edited:
when you create clones of a great character all it does is dilute the uniqueness of the core character and that is a HUGE problem in this industry and has always been a pet peeve of mine. Only few clones have been as good as the original.

Mandalorian: Into the Bobaverse

Also what genius at Sony/Marvel thought it was a good idea to end a cute Spiderman themed Christmas song by having the singer end the song with “Why was I made to sing this STUPID song!”

Wow.

Mandalorian: Into the Bobaverse

Wow.

Ughhh remember all those horrible Jedi filling that colosseum in AOTC lol

Yeah dude regarding that song they came up with this fun and cheesy Jingle Bell knock off with a Spidey theme and all the little kids in the packed theater were humming along and moving their little feets back and forth including my son then BAM we all hear the singer mutter that horrendous line to END the song no less!

A total mood killer let me tell you all the little feet froze lol

Ughhh remember all those horrible Jedi filling that colosseum in AOTC lol

As soon as George said on the AOTC commentary that the Arena Jedi were just ILM employees that they let dress up as Jedi I've never been able to unsee that. No don't film real martial artists or actors or badasses for the biggest Jedi battle of the Saga. Just have a bunch of computer nerds show up in their Halloween costumes and awkwardly wave some sticks around. :slap

Yeah dude regarding that song they came up with this fun and cheesy Jingle Bell knock off with a Spidey theme and all the little kids in the packed theater were humming along and moving their little feets back and forth including my son then BAM we all hear the singer mutter that horrendous line to END the song no less!

A total mood killer let me tell you lol

Cap trolling the audience for sitting through all the credits at the end of Homecoming: Awesome.

Sony trolling little kids for enjoying a Christmas song at Christmas: Stupid.

As soon as George said on the AOTC commentary that the Arena Jedi were just ILM employees that they let dress up as Jedi I've never been able to unsee that. No don't film real martial artists or actors or badasses for the biggest Jedi battle of the Saga. Just have a bunch of computer nerds show up in their Halloween costumes and awkwardly wave some sticks around. :slap

Cap trolling the audience for sitting through all the credits at the end of Homecoming: Awesome.

Sony trolling little kids for enjoying a Christmas song at Christmas: Stupid.

Sooo true about those Jedi well said!

Sooo accurate with the Cap comparison well said!

Father next to me gave his kid that nervous laughter....poor guy what a horrible position Sony put the parents in.

That’s his life his kid though not me my son knows no mixed messages comes from me he was like “Yup not good” lol

Last edited:
I wondered why they ended the song that way too. The Spidey in that universe was supposed to be the goody goody one. That ending sounded better from the older jaded peter.

You know I certainly didn’t dislike the movie I thought slob PP was fun and proper fit Spiderman was a bad ass and I can see the appeal of MM for many people.

But the movie lost me at the emotional level.

I guess the emotional aspect came from having the one family member that you connected with being someone you never expected him to be. And your whole life going crazy suddenly and no one to connect with.

I did think the “reveal” was quite shocking it actually caught me off guard.

The sound effect/music they attached to Prowler was really really cool.

Yeah, kingpin looked like a square piece of fat. In comics he’s big but all muscle.

Back