Smallville: Season Nine...SUIT!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, as I mentioned - they give good finale. Definitely one of my favorite episodes ever. The opening was fantastic and the Kandorians across the world was epic. This would make a great plot of a $200 mil feature film (and wasn't that what Abrams feature film was about?- Kal-El vs. Zod and his agents?).

Didn't end as I expected either - I figured it would be Clark getting zapped away - but this was much better.

The old woman I thought was symbolic at first as one of the fates measuring out Tess's life - I didn't even think of Apokalips - but if that's Granny Goodness and Tess is going to be a Fury...?

Yep, as I mentioned - they give good finale. Definitely one of my favorite episodes ever. The opening was fantastic and the Kandorians across the world was epic. This would make a great plot of a $200 mil feature film (and wasn't that what Abrams feature film was about?- Kal-El vs. Zod and his agents?).

Didn't end as I expected either - I figured it would be Clark getting zapped away - but this was much better.

The old woman I thought was symbolic at first as one of the fates measuring out Tess's life - I didn't even think of Apokalips - but if that's Granny Goodness and Tess is going to be a Fury...?

You gotta be kiddin´ me?!
They zappedthem to Apokalips and already showed Granny?

Gotta watch it later, thank god my Girl´s goin´t to a party.
:D

If anyone wants a chuckle and has this on their DVR, pause on the newspaper Lois is reading and read the "article" on the right side.

Talk about an old story!

Plus now people can stop complaining about not seeing Clark in the suit.

You gotta be kiddin´ me?!
They zappedthem to Apokalips and already showed Granny?

Gotta watch it later, thank god my Girl´s goin´t to a party.
:D

No, no, no - there's nothing to say the Kandorians went to Apokalips and we're just speculating about the old woman. But that would make for an epic 10th Season - Clark and the League against Darkseid...

Abrams' script had Supes vs Ty-Zor and his agents (but it's pretty much a Zod ripoff).

I did NOT even think of Granny Goodness as the old lady knitting; I thought it was Waller as I was watching it, but I still don't know.

As for what attacked Ollie, I have missed some episodes this season, so I must have missed the obviousness of what they are.

Abrams' script had Supes vs Ty-Zor and his agents (but it's pretty much a Zod ripoff).

I did NOT even think of Granny Goodness as the old lady knitting; I thought it was Waller as I was watching it, but I still don't know.

As for what attacked Ollie, I have missed some episodes this season, so I must have missed the obviousness of what they are.

How could have it been Waller? Her hands were white.

Nope, I thought as soon as I saw the old woman knitting that it was Granny Goodness. And then when those red blips were decending on Ollie and he said "Chloe...they arent Kandorians!" I knew it was para-demons!! Has to be!

Also, Waller kept talking about "invading aliens" AND in "Justice" she talks about the coming "Apokalypse" (spelling?). Who's to say that there werent TWO sets of invading aliens and checkmate just assumed the Kandorians were part of the Apokalypse crowd!

Also, as far as Tes becoming one of the Female Furies:
lashina2.jpg

Hmm...why ever would a girl need to bandage parts of her face like that?? Almost like she was disfigured from a burn or something :pray:

The suit has to be put on in the first episode of the season the moment he saves Lois.. This whole hiding in the shadow's is stupid since Superman's face with the suit is readily seen by everyone. It's Clark that has to wear the disguise.

I agree with you completely "Superman"! :exactly:

I've been a HUGE fan of Smallville since the first episode. I have all 8 seasons on DVD. I will buy this season once it's released on DVD.

BUT.....I HATE "THE BLUR"! :gah: For me that is the WEAKEST concept they have ever had for this series! Besides way too much Clark and Lana Lang on again...off again...over and over. Superman is NOT The Punisher! I mean it reminds me of The Punisher's outfit in the Punisher movie starring Thomas Jane (I liked that movie)! A black shirt with a rough painted symbol in his chest, wearing a long dark trench coat. It works for The Punisher...not Superman. I was SO relieved and happy to see the reflection of the classic red and blue outfit in Clark's eyes last night! It's time for him to step out of the shadows and become the hero he was meant to be....Superman. Not "The Blur". I know the producers of this show originally claimed more than once "no flight, no tights". But now it MUST be done. Especially since Smallville has been granted a 10th season. :)

Tess Mercer was a WEAK replacement to me for Lex Luthor. Michael Rosenbaum did such and incredible job as Lex! It will be great to have him back again, even if it's only for a few episodes. The last thing I heard was he hated shaving his head, and planned on NOT returning for the full 10th season, but just a few episodes. I think he'll wear a "skull cap" like Gene Hackman did in the Superman movie so he won't have to shave his head again. Callum Blue did a great job as Zod. He oozed of the slimy underhanded selfish person I always pictured as Zod. I hope to see more action from our new "Justice (League)" team this coming season. I want to see them all on screen kicking butt together. No Flash, or Aquaman? Did they just disappear? I wondered what happened to them.

I'll be a die-hard Smallville fan until the end. But I will be thrilled to FINALLY see Clark in the suit. Recently Tom Welling said that it was basically coming down to that now. I'm ready for it! :D

I like how's it's been said before that Superman is Kal-El's true identity, and Clark Kent is his disguise.

I agree with you completely "Superman"! :exactly:

I've been a HUGE fan of Smallville since the first episode. I have all 8 seasons on DVD. I will buy this season once it's released on DVD.

BUT.....I HATE "THE BLUR"! :gah: For me that is the WEAKEST concept they have ever had for this series! Besides way too much Clark and Lana Lang on again...off again...over and over. Superman is NOT The Punisher! I mean it reminds me of The Punisher's outfit in the Punisher movie starring Thomas Jane (I liked that movie)! A black shirt with a rough painted symbol in his chest, wearing a long dark trench coat. It works for The Punisher...not Superman. I was SO relieved and happy to see the reflection of the classic red and blue outfit in Clark's eyes last night! It's time for him to step out of the shadows and become the hero he was meant to be....Superman. Not "The Blur". I know the producers of this show originally claimed more than once "no flight, no tights". But now it MUST be done. Especially since Smallville has been granted a 10th season. :)

Tess Mercer was a WEAK replacement to me for Lex Luthor. Michael Rosenbaum did such and incredible job as Lex! It will be great to have him back again, even if it's only for a few episodes. The last thing I heard was he hated shaving his head, and planned on NOT returning for the full 10th season, but just a few episodes. I think he'll wear a "skull cap" like Gene Hackman did in the Superman movie so he won't have to shave his head again. Callum Blue did a great job as Zod. He oozed of the slimy underhanded selfish person I always pictured as Zod. I hope to see more action from our new "Justice (League)" team this coming season. I want to see them all on screen kicking butt together. No Flash, or Aquaman? Did they just disappear? I wondered what happened to them.

I'll be a die-hard Smallville fan until the end. But I will be thrilled to FINALLY see Clark in the suit. Recently Tom Welling said that it was basically coming down to that now. I'm ready for it! :D

I like how's it's been said before that Superman is Kal-El's true identity, and Clark Kent is his disguise.

It will be interesting to see what they do if it is Darksied. I did not like the Doomsday storyline or the killing off of Jimmy Olsen and then saying it wasn't really the Jimmy we all know from the comics and movies. I figure Smallville is going to get like the TV-show Lois and Clark with Dean Cain, probably season 3 where Lois knew Clark was Superman. I just don't know if they can move Clark to start wearing glasses and then taking them off will fool Lois this time, considering Clark has never worn glasses. It would make more sense to have Superman now wear the glasses..lol..

If Lois can't tell Clark is Superman the moment he shows up in the suit, it will not be believable and it will make me shake my head. But I would like that better than having him hide in a shadow and not speaking as he did this last episode.

The special effects are good enough for the flying that I think they can pull off a nice looking season 10. We will finally get to see Chloe bite the dust since her contract is running out next year. I like Chloe, but she has been the most annoying character throughout the show.

Christopher Reeve's did the Superman Clark identity perfectly. He wore a heavy suit which hid his muscles along with thick horned rimmed glasses and dry poofy hair. Then his tight spandex and slick black hair made him look different. It would have been hard to tell them apart which made it believable. Welling has played Clark as the cool handsome kid in school that even Lex who has everything is jealous of. THat just never felt like the way Clark should have been. Yes I know, season one had Clark bumbling around around Lana because of the kryptonite around her neck, however once that was gone, he became cool and loved by Chloe and then Lana... I'm just rambling on here...I just hope this season has some good writing and does the franchise proud.

It's been said before, but I think the only way to fully bring on the alter ego disguise and have everyone be fooled by it is magic. Which is wholey possible at this point in the show as magic has been explored in multiple episodes.

A simple spell from Zatanna or the next Doctor Fate embued directly in the suit that "blurrs" clarks identity in everyone's mind while he wears it....easy as that!

It's been said before, but I think the only way to fully bring on the alter ego disguise and have everyone be fooled by it is magic. Which is wholey possible at this point in the show as magic has been explored in multiple episodes.

A simple spell from Zatanna or the next Doctor Fate embued directly in the suit that "blurrs" clarks identity in everyone's mind while he wears it....easy as that!

Magic in this case is a cop-out. No magic was needed in any of the films. His disguise was in his personality which made the chemistry between Lois and Clark work. She was always in love with Superman and no Clark at first.. Smallville changed all of that and now she was/is in love with Clark before Superman existed. So Clark in this version never wears the iconic glasses? Reeve's changed the tone of his voice as Clark and Superman, didn't need magic. All in all I like watching Smallville, but all the liberties and changes have made it very very hard to get it to the level we all want it to be once he gets the suit.

Magic in this case is a cop-out. No magic was needed in any of the films. His disguise was in his personality which made the chemistry between Lois and Clark work. She was always in love with Superman and no Clark at first.. Smallville changed all of that and now she was/is in love with Clark before Superman existed. So Clark in this version never wears the iconic glasses? Reeve's changed the tone of his voice as Clark and Superman, didn't need magic. All in all I like watching Smallville, but all the liberties and changes have made it very very hard to get it to the level we all want it to be once he gets the suit.

Ok, lets bring Superman into reality. That disguise would NOT work. If your best friend put on glasses and added funny...would you still think it was your best friend?

Ok, lets bring Superman into reality. That disguise would NOT work. If your best friend put on glasses and added funny...would you still think it was your best friend?

If you watch the original Superman movie's, I and II, it is believable that Clark was a different person than Superman based on a lot of differences between not only their looks, but the way Reeve's spoke, acted, being hunched over, wearing a thicker suit and thick glasses..etc.. He sold the part. Whether or not it would fool you doesn't matter, it was good enough to fool everyone in the movie.. Sprinkling magic fairy dust on Lois or Clark to make Superman look different to everyone else sounds great on paper, but it will not fly with the audiences watching if they missed the episode where the magic was explained. Welling needs to watch Reeve's version of Clark and see how he acted differently to Superman and try to imitate that charm. I don't think he can pull it off honestly and I'm pretty sure we will be getting the same Tom Welling that is this serious version of Clark and the same body language as Superman.. Which is not the way it should be in my opinion.

"Superman" is right again. Christopher Reeve literally became Clark Kent in his portrayal of him in the four movies he made. That's why his portrayal is SO great, so memorable! All of those qualities he displayed were important to differentiate Clark from Superman. His dress, his speech, the personality he showed everyone as Clark, and so on. Brandon Routh copied Reeve's portrayal as Clark Kent when he was him for "Superman Returns" to a point. He did okay, but could have done a little better as Clark. But there is NO comparison between Routh and Reeve. Tom Welling has portrayed Clark in a good, but different way. But he was in a different situation these past 9 years. Growing up in Smallville, not already at the Daily Planet as Reeve's and Routh's Clark Kent was.

I agree that there is no need for "magic" to blur or obscure the sight of Superman to people. :slap I agree with "Superman" also in that Tom Welling has to change his mannerisms, his attitude and his behavior as Superman. Yeah, Clark has acted very serious, and straight-forward. But Welling's Superman has to be...happier. Literally. Now that Clark knows his true purpose and where he should be, it should (hopefully) be easier for Clark to change his portrayal as the Superman he must become. You can see in Reeve's PERFECT portrayal of Superman an air of confidence, dedication and happiness. Portraying a nearly invincible hero must be fun, and he showed it. No "magic" needed. :)

If you watch the original Superman movie's, I and II, it is believable that Clark was a different person than Superman based on a lot of differences between not only their looks, but the way Reeve's spoke, acted, being hunched over, wearing a thicker suit and thick glasses..etc.. He sold the part. Whether or not it would fool you doesn't matter, it was good enough to fool everyone in the movie.. Sprinkling magic fairy dust on Lois or Clark to make Superman look different to everyone else sounds great on paper, but it will not fly with the audiences watching if they missed the episode where the magic was explained. Welling needs to watch Reeve's version of Clark and see how he acted differently to Superman and try to imitate that charm. I don't think he can pull it off honestly and I'm pretty sure we will be getting the same Tom Welling that is this serious version of Clark and the same body language as Superman.. Which is not the way it should be in my opinion.

I agree that Christopher Reeves did a GREAT job as superman and Clark Kent. However, if you watched that movie....and NO ONE told you that Christopher Reeves played both roles, and you didnt know that Clark Kent was superman...you would STILL know it was the same guy. And you claim that it "fooled everyone in the movie". No...the script told them to be fooled. If you think about it, believing that the best reporter in the world doesnt know her partner is Superman because of how he acts is MUCH more silly then magic that shields his identity. Also, im not talking magic that prevents people from seeing Superman, or seeing his face or something. IM talking a mild spell that hinders peoples ability to make the Superman and Clark kent connection.

Tell you what...buy a baggy suit, put on a pair of glasses and talk funny and go to work. If people at work have NO idea who you are then i conceed the point. Im not saying that people that don't KNOW superman might not place him as Clark Kent, but those that know him surely would! Especially working in a news field full of reporters.

You say magic is a cop out...but if magic REALLY existed and Superman REALLY existed...don't you think he would employ magic to help hide his identity...KNOWING how important it is to Superman to keep his identity secret to protect the ones he loves? Thats would be like Superman walking around with kryptonite in his pocket cause he thinks using super powers is cheating....

We could go back and forth about magic all night. But in the end it comes down to the writers of this show. They're the ones that create the stories for all of the episodes. So, I am hoping they do it right. Now we're at the point where Superman should...I hope...make his first appearance in the season 10 premiere. That would be HUGE! After what happened in the season 9 finale' this week it's now the perfect time for it. As it said on the box with the suit in it...."if you choose to stay". Clark made that choice.

By the way "Hulksmashed" his name was Christopher REEVE, not Reeves. The name of the actor that played Clark Kent/Superman in the 1950s Superman TV show was George Reeves. Just some FYI for you.

I'm really looking forward to season 10! I want to see Superman and his new "Justice League" in action! The return of Lex Luthor! It's the last season folks, and it has be a GREAT final season! I really hope it actually is one. At first CW was not going to renew it for a 10th season...so this is a gift. After all Smallville was the biggest and most popular show on The WB network and now on the CW network. It deserves a GREAT ending!

Last edited:
I have a feeling s10 will be all it can be. All superman fans will be happy with w.e. there planning on doing. The finale really set the bar. Im very excited. gonna be a long summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back