Slumdog Millionaire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Caedus

Formerly Congerking
Reaction score
Anybody heard of this film? I had only heard about it in passing with a buddy of mine. I'm always a fan of Danny Boyle, so I checked it out. A FANTASTIC movie this was. If you get a chance to see it, do it, you should love it.

I just heard of it yesterday when it was announced as the Best Picture of the year by the National Board of Review. I am def gonna check it out since I love Danny Boyle movies.

By far the best movie of the year. An absolutely stunning piece of cinema.

Loved it. Amazing movie. Got me so excited about cinema. Don't want to over hype it but it really is a well told, exciting, moving film.

Yah, I saw it last week. I'm a little surprised that there haven't been outrages at the depiction of Mumbai - but perhaps that's how it really is?

But definitely a great film - I've always been a fan of Boyle and this may be best work.

Yah, I saw it last week. I'm a little surprised that there haven't been outrages at the depiction of Mumbai - but perhaps that's how it really is?

Yes. Mumbai is two different worlds side by side - one breathtakingly wealthy and the other breathtakingly poor. Those slums really exist.

Wow,
I finally saw this movie, this is now one of my favorite movies of the year!!
Amazing!! Great story, amazing characters, and a very powerful message,
it's great to see that there are still great filmmakers out there!!
It reminded me of Cirty of God a little, and to second Barbelith, Dave,
places like that really do exist...
Make me appreciate all the things I had while growing up even more...

I gotta see this sometime. But i'm not sure if this is a "theater" movie....ya know?

It's pure cinema and really energizes the packed audiences. I know what you mean, but it's definitely a film I would recommend seeing with a few hundred people on a giant screen.

Finally saw this today. What an amazing movie! It definitely is in my top 3 of 2008, with the other two being Wall*E and The Dark Knight.
Danny Boyle's direction is awesome as usual.

meh, it was a good movie, but nothing spectacular like people are saying it is.

Just finished watching it and I did really enjoy it. Will admit I've not seen any of Danny Boyle's other movie's *ducks for cover* but I wanted to see what all the hype was about.

Definetly the sort of movie I'd show other people or recommend them to see, but I don't think I'd want to watch it a lot.

Back