Slumdog Millionaire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came back from the theater from seeing this, and I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!! The kids broke my heart, the love story was fantastic, the cinematography was breathtaking, the acting was excellent, and the music was phenomenal! Just a very very well put-together piece of cinema - best picture for sure - this is what movie-making is all about! It had just the right amounts of heart-break and luck and happiness. And I'm so so happy for Danny Boyle, he's such a cool guy and long-overdue for this kind of recognition.

I too loved the chase scene at the beginning, and the song that played with it. Loved the dancing at the end. LOVED the later significance of the 2nd question and how he answered (or didn't answer, technically). Loved the entire thing!

I saw Sunshine at a special screening with Boyle in attendance for a Q&A - wrote about it on the Sideshow site, actually: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=3365 (could I have possibly made any more bad 'sun puns'? :lol) But my favorite Danny Boyle movie is still "A Life Less Ordinary" :D No apologies, no embarrassment, I love that movie and watch it at least a couple times a year :chew

All movie-making critique aside, and I know it's sappy... but I believe in happy endings. I believe some things are 'written' - I can't look at my life and how I got where I am today without believing that (yuck, believe me, I know... gag me with a spoon of sappiness). And it's not about religion, or 'fate', or a higher being - it's about coincidence somehow working in your favor... the stars align, you make the choices to be who you are each and every day, you ask the right questions, or the right questions are asked of you - and everything leads you to where you are today. I love how this movie shows that. No, not everyone gets a happy ending in life - life is decidedly NOT fair - but odds are that there are people out there that DO live the fairy tale because everything in life has led them to that. The problem is that most people give up too soon. Or they are misled about what the 'fairy tale' really is - like Salim. They give in to the pressures of the world around them and end up living a false dream, pretending they are happy (just look at how many celebrities end up insane or addicted to drugs). I do think this story has many layers, but it's easy to see it as a simple, feel-good love story, so I understand where that viewpoint comes from.

I can't wait to read the book!

Now, are they gonna share some of the HUNDREDS of MILLIONS that this movie is making with the slums of Mumbai? I will pledge to go see it at least 10 more times in theaters if that's the case.... and buy the DVD for myself and all my friends for their birthdays :)

P.S. - CelticP, I totally understand about wanting to wait for rental for this movie. I felt the same way - it was between this and Taken tonight, and I was leaning toward Taken, as I thought maybe that one would be better on the big screen. I WAS WRONG! Thank goodness Travis convinced me to see this instead (although I still want to see Taken). This is a great movie to see with audiences, and it's actually quite fast-paced and there are some grand shots of India that are breathtaking to behold on the big screen. And the music is really fun at the loud levels in the theaters!

Last edited:
Back