Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
What a fun day!

Back in the theater, very very crowded for the opening day re release of Avatar 3D Imax.

This is why going to the movies should always be a thing.

What a great experience. Having seen this film dozens of times, and enjoying it, it was a marvel to see it in 3D Imax again. It was really made for it. We tend to forget how amazing this film was in 3D ….it takes it to a whole new level of cinema.

The preview for A2 was crazy good. The underwater shots were just amazing…really feel like your in the ocean.

This film gets alot of undeserved hate. To me its always been a 8.5/10. Its blockbuster cinema at its best. Yea, the story is familiar , but the sheer fact that a computer drawing can illicit emotions is way understated ….this film just looks, sounds and plays well.

Ill be there for A2 for sure.

If your a cinemaphile, you really should give this a second theater viewing.

I've seen Avatar three times at the cinema, twice in regular 3D and once in IMAX 3D. I don't think I'll be seeing the re-release however I'm highly anticipating the sequel.

If I may take the liberty then of copying & pasting khev's post from yesterday into this thread, he had a very similar reaction....

Took the kids to see Avatar in IMAX 3D. WOW the hype is back for me. I had forgotten just how jaw dropping the 3D in this movie is.

The kids were blown away too. "I felt like we were in the movie." "I felt like I was a camera man who was really there." And this after a good portion of their lives watching multiple Marvel 3D movies a year.

And watching it from beginning to end in one sitting with thunderous audio and that sweeping score--I thought I was pretty much over this movie but no it still holds up. My son couldn't believe it came out in 2009 and said that it felt like a brand new movie that came out today.

I didn't know that it was going to have an extra scene not in any previous cut of of the film (to my knowledge) and I didn't know it was going to have a 3-4 minute clip of Avatar 2 at the end. Super satisfying night at the movies, can't wait to see the next one now.

I have no interest wasting my time watching C-level Lord of the Rings or boring ass C-level Star Wars.

I loved Avatar, never saw it at the cinema (wish I could), but I'm really looking forward to seeing A2, just wish it hadn't taken 13 years for it to be released. I hope it's good. :rock
I'm really glad they re released the original, build the hype up !!
Xx

That extra clip was really something…

Brought the underwater world to life like they brought Pandora to life.

Back