Slumdog Millionaire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody heard of this film? I had only heard about it in passing with a buddy of mine. I'm always a fan of Danny Boyle, so I checked it out. A FANTASTIC movie this was. If you get a chance to see it, do it, you should love it.

Kate really wants to see this movie. I'll pass along that it was good. Trailer looked great. :rock

This movie was one of the best films I have ever seen, no lie. Maybe I am just the type who would like it, but the story is so intriguing, heartbreaking, and touching all at the same time. Add Boyle's fast-paced direction, and it was almost perfect. Latika was simply beautiful too.

Yah, I saw it last week. I'm a little surprised that there haven't been outrages at the depiction of Mumbai - but perhaps that's how it really is?
But definitely a great film - I've always been a fan of Boyle and this may be best work.

Actually most of the review sites from India do mention this, and more than a few people are not happy with how India, and Mumbai in particular was depicted. It is loved by most American reviewers though.

Just finished watching it and I did really enjoy it. Will admit I've not seen any of Danny Boyle's other movie's *ducks for cover* but I wanted to see what all the hype was about.

Definetly the sort of movie I'd show other people or recommend them to see, but I don't think I'd want to watch it a lot.

watch 28 days later, trainspotting & shallow grave

I also kinda liked sunshine

My local radio station are trying to get everybody to download the song at the of the movie so it reaches number 1 in the charts. It's a good tune so I will be downloading it.

My local radio station are trying to get everybody to download the song at the of the movie so it reaches number 1 in the charts. It's a good tune so I will be downloading it.

I am a long-time fan of Allah Rakka (A. R.) Rahman (Time Magazine calls him "The Mozart of Madras"), the composer for Slumdog, and I am glad that he is finally getting the recognition that he rightfully deserves.

Actually most of the review sites from India do mention this, and more than a few people are not happy with how India, and Mumbai in particular was depicted. It is loved by most American reviewers though.

I'm Indian and my whole family and I love this movie. The controversy is retarded. It's just another thing that Indians need to complain about. If this film was not getting the appeal that it is, they wouldn't care. For some reason, some Indians in India get offended by everything. They are offended by how the slums were depicted since they are really like that... huh? so because they are really like that we shouldn't show that?? Conservatives feel that it hurts religious sentiments with its portrayal of Hindus and Lord Rama... There are countless other thing that they need to complain about... It's just retarded.

Ok, rant over - I'm just upset that there are some people in India that are not letting themselves get past this crap to enjoy such a beautiful movie.

Yes!! great idea. Also, the song when the kids are running from the police in the beginning is nominated for as Oscar. - outstanding soundtrack.

I am a long-time fan of Allah Rakka (A. R.) Rahman (Time Magazine calls him "The Mozart of Madras"), the composer for Slumdog, and I am glad that he is finally getting the recognition that he rightfully deserves.

Me too!! What are some of your favorite movies that he has done? I'm looking for more movies with great music - I've loved Jodhaa Akbar, Swades, Dil Se and a few more I can't think of. We even used 3 of his songs in our wedding.

Agreed, I enjoyed it, but Danny Boyle has done some far better films

To each his own - I thought this was his best film to date. Loved Trainspotting but this film had so much depth to it.

I'm Indian and my whole family and I love this movie. The controversy is retarded. It's just another thing that Indians need to complain about. If this film was not getting the appeal that it is, they wouldn't care. For some reason, some Indians in India get offended by everything. They are offended by how the slums were depicted since they are really like that... huh? so because they are really like that we shouldn't show that?? Conservatives feel that it hurts religious sentiments with its portrayal of Hindus and Lord Rama... There are countless other thing that they need to complain about... It's just retarded.

Ok, rant over - I'm just upset that there are some people in India that are not letting themselves get past this crap to enjoy such a beautiful movie.

I agree there is really nothing to complain about. I would be proud to have my home be a significant and beautiful part of this film. It reminded me a lot of City of God, and no one doubts these slums really are that bad in some places. Kudos to Danny and the entire cast and crew for keeping it real, but still making it a thrilling love story.

Loved Trainspotting but this film had so much depth to it.

Really? I thought it was an extremely simplistic, predictable fairy tale story. "it is written" :rolleyes: yawn.

It's well done but overrated, imo. It has the benefit of timing and being the kind of story people want to hear in these tough economic times. Too bad the Wrestler wasn't nominated for BP. Far superior to Slumdog in every respect.

It's certainly a good movie but not anything amazing to me. It is nice to see Indians in something other than Bollywood.

I've seen many Bollywood films, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada as well as Hindi, and they are ALL terrible, terrible melodramatic goof fest films. Obviously tastes are different. I'm always amazed that people actually like them. But whatever does it for ya. :duff

Really? I thought it was an extremely simplistic, predictable fairy tale story. "it is written" :rolleyes: yawn.

It's well done but overrated, imo. It has the benefit of timing and being the kind of story people want to hear in these tough economic times. Too bad the Wrestler wasn't nominated for BP. Far superior to Slumdog in every respect.

I feel The Wrestler was very overrated this year too. I enjoyed Slumdog much, much more - sure it's a fantasy with an edge, which is probably the reason I liked it.

Back