Silent Hill 2 film official.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"You liked the Resident Evil movies?"

2zri2ih.jpg

Silent Hill viewing is an annual ritual for me. Typically we spend some time at a friends cabin every year and I always bring my laptop out one evening during the trip and watch Silent Hill outside at night by the fire. Also take a 2nd night to watch the original The Fog.

Last edited:
SH wasnt a very good movie IMO but still much better than all the other movies from video games.

The first half of movie one was great; 2nd half a total disaster. As a huge Silent Hill fan, I am torn on the news. On one hand, I want them to do it (and well), but am afraid given how uneven the first movie was.

I loved the feeling and 3/4 of the first one...
It was like jumping into the game, great atmosphere and
story was nice...but the ending kind of ruined it for me...
I need to see it again, and I hope they make a better sequel!

I disagree. I was actually surprised to see how much the first movie stayed true to the plot of the original game. They took a few liberties, sure, but overall it was about as close to the game's story as any other videogame-based movie has been to date.

We had normal, snowy and dark Silent Hill, the whole Alessa/Cheryl storyline, the hospital and nurses, etc... The only difference that upset me was when Cybil Bennet was killed in the movie (quite gruesomely, I might add), whereas she survived in the good ending of the game.

I, for one, look forward to the sequel and also hope that they base the story off of Silent Hill 2 as well.

ok, yeah, the monsters were pretty good and creepy,and the atmosphere for the most part was good, but the 2nd half of that movie,as well as all that town cult stuff is what killed it for me.

One of my favorite scenes in Silent Hill was the sexy demonic nurses, that was awesome and true to the game! :rock

Yea, I was dreading her turning around the entire time while she was telling the story and the suspense was killing me. They surely didn't disapoint on that point.

"You liked the Resident Evil movies?"

2zri2ih.jpg

NOBODY likes the resident evil movies.

yeah that part was bad ass. also loved the nemesis/pyramid head villain...

000232-000570.jpg

Pyramid head was awesome. Didn't want to post this, probably too graphic, but this was Mr. Head's shining moment

https://blog.juno3.com/wp-content/movies/silent_hill/silent_hill_movie.gif

I had very few complaints about the SH film, but they were noteworthy and significant complaints. I hated the ending, which made little sense and wasn't in keeping with the game narrative. I also wished it were more psychologically disturbing. The rust and monsters in the film definitely have the spirit of the game(s), but it lacks some of the moments. I forget which particular Silent Hill game it was, but once you make your way through the majority of the story, a side character remarks on the creatures you fight and kill along the way. He says something like this:

"They look like monsters to you?"

That scene shook me. The idea that the game could actually suggest that the character/protagonist you've been controlling and rooting for isn't what he/she seemed was just unnerving and fantastic.

I want that sort of abstract feeling in from the games that I thought the first SH film lacked. The protagonists just weren't interesting either.

liked the first one.
look forward to seeing what comes from a sequel.
Wish they could attach the same director..... I think he had a lot to do with it.

Me too. I remember almost getting into a fight when I was in the theater seeing it. Some A##hat in front of me kept talking during the movie and was complaining to his GF how much he hated the movie. I ended up yelling at him to shut the F up or leave before I broke my foot off in his rear end. He shut up, people clapped, and I enjoyed the rest of the movie.

First Silent Hill movie was great... To me it's simply the best video game to movie adaptation. Looking forward to the 2nd one... hopefully they dont screw it up.

Pyramid head was awesome. Didn't want to post this, probably too graphic, but this was Mr. Head's shining moment

See, that's the problem I had with the movie. While PHead was cool looking, there was no explanation as to why he was there. He would literally show up for a scene, then be gone. He has sort of turned into the Cult's mystical hit man, and originally, that was not his purpose at all...

The only thing that I wished they had saved: in the game Alessa is the victim of her mother, Dahlia Gillespie, who sacrificed her for their Cult demon....Not the victim to Christabella...a character that literally wasnt needed...

Its so much more scary (to me) when your own family turns on you.....there was NO need to make Dahlia sympathetic...

Well, I do own SH on Blu Ray...you guys are making me wanna go back and watch it again....

Last edited:
Back