Sigourney Weaver likeness now available by Mattel. Hot Toys & NECA next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PharOOO

Super Freak
Reaction score
One of the big surprises from SDCC this year is the Mattel Ghostbusters reveal of Zuul the Gatekeeper action figure based off of Sigourney Weaver's likeness. Does this mean that Ms. Weaver has finally signed off on her likeness being used for action figures? Seems that way, at least for Mattel. Companies like Hot Toys, NECA, and Sideshow should now definitely approach Ms. Weaver's agents about finally producing fantastic figures based on her iconic appearances from movies like ALIEN, ALIENS, and Avatar. This could be the beginning of a lot of amazing figures and collectibles based off of Ms. Weaver's likeness.
Here's a link of the Mattel Ghostbusters figure:
https://sdcc11.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=2910&title=ghostbusters&cat=619

Be interesting to see, but Avatar already used her likeness.

She really hates guns. I don't know if she'd be willing sign her likeness off on a figure like Ripley from Aliens who carries a flamethrower taped to a pulse rifle. I'd like to see more figures of her though. I'd really like an Alien version.

Weaver's likeness for figures would be the female equivalent to Arnold's signing off on his likeness a few years back.

She really hates guns. I don't know if she'd be willing sign her likeness off on a figure like Ripley from Aliens who carries a flamethrower taped to a pulse rifle. I'd like to see more figures of her though. I'd really like an Alien version.

Yeah, This is a big issue for her. I think that's why she signed her likeness off on this one. No guns.

So she'll be in a movie with guns but won't allow her likeness to be used for a character from that movie because of them. Yeah that makes sense. :rotfl

It does. She didnt want to do all the gun play, but understood that the character needed to use guns to save Newt.

She didnt sign off her likeness for toys because she didnt want to little girls to be playing with her toy, shooting ____.

Sure...most people dont care about that.....but she does.

I'd be content with a gunless Ripley from Hot Toys.

i hope this is true because a Ripley from Alien and Aliens is what i've always wanted. maybe that means they can do the aliens:colonial marines over.. because the number one figure i want from Hot Toys is Corporal Hicks with Biehn's likeness, Bishop, and Vasquez

I already have my dream Figure with her likeness.

My custom final battle Ripley.

So I'm happy :)

Kind of odd then, since that's her most famous role and she stuck around for 4 Alien movies. Having her immortalized in action figure form as Ripley would be one of THE best things to happen for collectors. Plus, with what HT is able to do nowadays, it would be an insta-buy. I'd love a new Ripley (especially a DX, if possible).

I think Steve Buscemi is the same way. No guns were packed with his Reservoir Dogs figures. I think there was a notice to that effect. i could be wrong.

DX Aliens Ripley would be awesome.

...Having her immortalized in action figure form as Ripley would be one of THE best things to happen for collectors. Plus, with what HT is able to do nowadays, it would be an insta-buy. I'd love a new Ripley (especially a DX, if possible).

:lecture:lecture I'm with you guys. A Hot Toys "Alien" Ripley would be fantastic! (followed by an "Aliens" Ripley as well...)

Would love to get a Hot Toys Bishop set as well. Give us a complete Bishop and a "cut in half by queen alien" Bishop as well.

Back