Hot Toys Spider-Man: No Way Home - 1/6th scale Spider-Man (final suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly makes it annoying how poorly they did Garfield and Tobey in comparison. Why didn't they treat the other two as good as this?

Even the neck seam on this one is leagues better than Tobey and that figure released 2 months ago.

1MfPLIF.png
geZIcFi.png
Cause hot toys is a Disney company first. Everything else is an afterthought. Probsbly spend extra care on the main mcu Spider-Man to please the Disney overlords.

Oh right and apparently the Nolan verse is the only Batman they’ll make thousands of figures for 🙄

Let someone else get the Disney/Marvel License & they'll take it more seriously. And by seriously I mean 4.0 versions of all the Iron Man armors in a new Die-Cast Titanium, Thor 3.0 with a speciality paint app of the AOU headscuplt, a ton of 2.0s that might be cool...

I'm hopeful my waitlist comes through as much as I shouldn't spend the money atm.

I just cannot see the diorama being worth an extra 70 dollars. I understand I can get the one without the dio, but where and how is it worth 70-100 extra dollars?

I am honestly wondering if anyone thinks the dio is worth the upcharge and why?

I think the diorama for me personally is worth it, looks beautiful and is also practical. It just really sets the scene and looks impressive in display, also great for photography purposes.
To me it almost looks like a 1/6 version of a diamond select base. I am just very curious about if peopel think it's worth the extra. I am someone who love dioramas, but cannot seem to understand how it's an extra 70-100 dollars for this?

Is this the typical upcharge for a diorama?

To me it almost looks like a 1/6 version of a diamond select base. I am just very curious about if peopel think it's worth the extra. I am someone who love dioramas, but cannot seem to understand how it's an extra 70-100 dollars for this?

Is this the typical upcharge for a diorama?
Well people are paying it so they obviously think it’s worth it.

Well people are paying it so they obviously think it’s worth it.
I am not saying people should or shouldn't, capitalism, do what you want...

Only talking value...it's an base about 20cmx20cmx20cm. Is it worth the extra price?

Only talking value...it's an base about 20cmx20cmx20cm. Is it worth the extra price?
I think so, if you count like the labor involved. Like lets say it probably took days or maybe even weeks to possibly design and make the prototype from scratch. A team would've had to plan it, sculpt it, mold/print it, polish it, paint it and then pack it. So for only $70 more I think its worth the extra price, especially this diorama base, which Imo adds alot of value and fun you can do with it. Diorama bases arent that cheap, if you look around ebay or get one custom made it can be alot more.

The way the sleeves can be fitted over the wrist pegs so that they don't expose the arm when bent is a really nice touch - I think Terry missed that in the Sideshow first look video. Weird that Justin never even touched on the seamless fabric on the back of the head - that's kind of a big selling point!
I just cannot see the diorama being worth an extra 70 dollars. I understand I can get the one without the dio, but where and how is it worth 70-100 extra dollars?

I am honestly wondering if anyone thinks the dio is worth the upcharge and why?
You're in luck because they'll sell you the figure without the base for $65 less! 🤪

I agree with @Akiratang that the base adds a lot of fun possibilities and that's why it's worth it to me. I've been wanting to see Hot Toys do more of these diorama bases that offer a variety of figure placement and interaction options - so I felt it important to support their efforts when they deliver on that.

Flip through these for some possibilities. Plus, I bet it'll pair great with JazzInc's '92 Catwoman 🐈‍⬛

I don't think I've seen one diorama yet whose price seemed to economically line up with my mind. I consider myself to be a balanced collector between what I purchase according to interests and price. I did not by this diorama because to me, it didn't look big enough. Now upon release, I'd say that thought is still in place. A couple more square inches and a taller piece with a full window Spidey can actually hang out of and I would've been down.

Back