Sideshow's G.I. JOE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a lot of figure they can do multiple versions that would possibly sell. There are three versions of Cobra Commander that could sell (hooded, battle helmet, and Fred armoured Cobra Commander). Plus, some others. Personally, I want the Version One Snake Eyes the most. To me, he is the best design that would translate well the the 1/6th format. He a lot of textures and real world elements that to me would look great.

Three yes, but not those three. The hooded and Battle helmet from the cartoon should be the same figure with swapable heads. The armored is another possibility. But I think the Bradstreet inspired Cobra Commander could sell well too.

Not a fan of the "bradstreet" version. Those should pads look silly. WTF does he need them? In case Destro throws him a pass?

I wonder why '85 never gets any love....

Hasbro definitely cheaped out when they made the 85 Snake Eyes for the 25th Anniversary but make no mistake, the original version 85 SE gets plenty of love. Its one of the most highly regarded action figures of all time.

If you go by the original card art and sculpts, 85 owns 82. Throw in the wolf and sword and 82 just can't compete.

se9backfront.jpg
se36front.jpg

I'm still guessing that the first SE we'll see from SSC will be the original. It was the one that started it all and they could get away with making his suit look slightly baggier. That could translate to a better looking 1/6 scale figure. We don't know how well the Prometheus will handle the more spandex-like 1985 costume. I still want to see them give it a try!

The 85 version is the only version of SE that I want. If they come out with the 82 version I'll sideline it and patiently wait out the one I want....I have a feeling this line will be plentiful like SW for some reason...

85 Snakes looks like he would sneak up and slit your throat, while 82 Snakes looks like he would empty that uzi into your body and blow the rest of it up and feed the remains to Timber.

82 > 85

85 Snakes looks like he would sneak up and slit your throat, while 82 Snakes looks like he would empty that uzi into your body and blow the rest of it up and feed the remains to Timber.

82 Snakes doesn't have Timber. ;) You guys responded too quickly, I was going to delete my post because I didn't want to start a vintage Snake Eyes war because really, in the end they're both bad ass.

I wasn't too into the 82 SE as a kid because of how plain the figure was but the 85 version encapsulated everything that I thought was cool, both in concept and aesthetics. 82 SE really shined in those early comics though, particularly issue 21.

Toss me into the 1985 Snake-Eyes fans...I LOVE that figure. I never owned one until my adult collecting days but that knight-visor has always stood out to me as the DEFINITIVE look for SE. Yes, the original '82 is still awesome and better than a lot of other designs, but not as visually unique as the 1985 version...top on that Timber and has trademark "Eagle head" sword and you got a character that anyone should be able to recognize.

My first Snake-Eyes was the 1988 version which I also love...I was born in '83 so I didn't get to start playing with Joes until late 80's/early 90's....so needless to say I still love the figures even when they went to all the bright colors. I even liked the 1991 (v4) SE with the blue, black and gray outfit and the big red googles.

I also liked the 1993 "Ninja Force" (v5) Snake-Eyes...but mostly for the DESIGN. The actual figure sucked cause they had that "action attack" feature.

But he does in the 83 toon :D

I was going to say the same thing! :rock

I only like the 82/85.

As far as this line being plentiful... That's what makes me nervous. I don't want more then 4 figs a year but then again there are feasable 50 figures that they could make that would sell fairly well.

But he does in the 83 toon :D

Wow I never knew that. I thought the series started with "Pyramid of Darkness" in 1985. I went and looked it up on yojoe.com and saw that "M.A.S.S. Device" and "Revenge of Cobra" came out in 83 and 84, respectively. I don't think I've ever seen those, can't wait till the new Hasbro DVD's are released!

I never cared much for the 82 snake eyes. Come to think of it I'm not even sure I had him. I do remember having the 85 version with timber and he was one of my favorites but now with the 25th line I like the first version much more than the one with timber. I think either one would be great. Especially if SS follows the 25th design of the 82 version. Makes me think of sam fisher from splinter cell for some reason.

Three yes, but not those three. The hooded and Battle helmet from the cartoon should be the same figure with swapable heads. The armored is another possibility. But I think the Bradstreet inspired Cobra Commander could sell well too.

The shouldn't be the same figure. The outfits are a totally different colors. The Hooded Cobra Commander has a dark blue outfit whereas the Battle Helmet has a lighter blue outfit. Unless they go the route of the statues, they need to be separate figures. Personally, I hate the Bradstreet design. If they make that one, I will not buy it. Simple as that.

Hooded and shield needs to be 2 different figures. The shielded version is light blue with red leg stripe and black belt straps ect. The hooded version is dark blue with gold stripes and belts ect.

I think some just don't know their Joe!!

The shouldn't be the same figure. The outfits are a totally different colors. The Hooded Cobra Commander has a dark blue outfit whereas the Battle Helmet has a lighter blue outfit. Unless they go the route of the statues, they need to be separate figures. Personally, I hate the Bradstreet design. If they make that one, I will not buy it. Simple as that.

Only if you go by Hasbro's figures. On the Cartoon, it is one at the same outfit.

Hooded and shield needs to be 2 different figures. The shielded version is light blue with red leg stripe and black belt straps ect. The hooded version is dark blue with gold stripes and belts ect.

I think some just don't know their Joe!!

Oh, I know my Cobra Commander. Same outfit, two heads just like the cartoon is the way to go. None of that crappy Dark Blue outfit of the Hasbro figures.

Cartoon Designs > Hasbro's toy designs

That also means I don't want a stupid gun holster in the middle of his back and swivel arms and rubber bands won't cut it either for articulation.

Lol, without Hasbro Designs there would be no toon or comic :lol

And I'm sure you will be getting swivel arm battle grip :lol

Backpack laser pistol is a must. It is details like that that seperated RAH from the rest of the toys in the 80's.

Lol, without Hasbro Designs there would be no toon or comic :lol

And I'm sure you will be getting swivel arm battle grip :lol

Backpack laser pistol is a must. It is details like that that seperated RAH from the rest of the toys in the 80's.

But those are all cheasy Hasbro TOY gimmicks. I want a real collectible figure version of Cobra Commander. Those stupid gimmicks that made the toy line great, Hasbro is still using on the 25th Anniversary line. Let them continue to use it and let Sideshow move on and make 'grown-up' versions of these characters.

Cobra Commander needs the backpack pistol. If they go by the cartoon above all then everyone will come with Snow Job's laser rifle. I don't want that. I wouldn't mind homages to the toon (like an alternate head for Lady Jaye sans cap) but that shouldn't be the primary reference material IMO.

That being said I don't think I'd care if CC was done in the light blue costume with two heads. I think the vintage card art should be the primary reference material and since Hooded CC didn't have any they can go with his look from the toon or comic and that'd be fine by me.

Cobra Commander needs the backpack pistol. If they go by the cartoon above all then everyone will come with Snow Job's laser rifle. I don't want that. I wouldn't mind homages to the toon (like an alternate head for Lady Jaye sans cap) but that shouldn't be the primary reference material IMO.

That being said I don't think I'd care if CC was done in the light blue costume with two heads. I think the vintage card art should be the primary reference material and since Hooded CC didn't have any they can go with his look from the toon or comic and that'd be fine by me.

:Bravo!!! CC needs to have the gun on his back... and Sheild and Hooded need to be seperate figs!!!

I agree while they need to pay attention to the cartoon... the Artwork needs to be the dricing force as well as the comic.

Notice there are a lot of "Needs" in this line! :lol

Back