Sideshow's G.I. JOE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if you go by Hasbro's figures. On the Cartoon, it is one at the same outfit.

Oh, I know my Cobra Commander. Same outfit, two heads just like the cartoon is the way to go. None of that crappy Dark Blue outfit of the Hasbro figures.

Cartoon Designs > Hasbro's toy designs

That also means I don't want a stupid gun holster in the middle of his back and swivel arms and rubber bands won't cut it either for articulation.

Personally I think the Hasbro's designs are the ones that need to be followed. The cartoon designs were weak changes that muted the details of the original designs. The only design I would want the to change is Scarlett's face from the card art. I would want a prettier face. Besides that, I am game for Hasbro's designs over the crappy Sunbow cartoon design. Maybe Sideshow is listening to you. They already had swivel arms. :eek: Thanks everybody for the discussions. All really need to say is "YO JOE!!" :chew

:Bravo!!! CC needs to have the gun on his back... and Sheild and Hooded need to be seperate figs!!!

I agree while they need to pay attention to the cartoon... the Artwork needs to be the dricing force as well as the comic.

Notice there are a lot of "Needs" in this line! :lol

I agree, since the BEST Joe stories are from the comic NOT the cartoon. Larry Hama rules!! I totally agree with Creature4000.

Sideshow PLEASE NO GUN-ON-CC'S-BACK...

I don't mind the actual GUN, but don't build a whole contraption into his back like Hasbro did...it looks silly and breaks up what is actually one of the best-designed figures in the entire line.

I don't mind the actual GUN, but don't build a whole contraption into his back like Hasbro did...it looks silly and breaks up what is actually one of the best-designed figures in the entire line.

Personally, I wouldn't really care, but I do think it would be a hard design to replicate on a 1/6th figure. If it comes off cheesy, I would rather not have the gun on the back. I wouldn't just want a plastic backpack glued to the back of the suit. It is such a nice design. I would hate to see it ruined by something that can appear very cheap.

I don't give a flying ******** whether SSC goes Cartoon or Comic. I just want a damned figure announcement already. :banghead

I don't give a flying **************** whether SSC goes Cartoon or Comic. I just want a damned figure announcement already. :banghead

Yeah, had a feeling we might have seen something in the newsletter this week. Something was just saying that they did not want to show all their cards at Toy Fair. But I was wrong. I want '85 Snake Eyes.

But those are all cheasy Hasbro TOY gimmicks. I want a real collectible figure version of Cobra Commander. Those stupid gimmicks that made the toy line great, Hasbro is still using on the 25th Anniversary line. Let them continue to use it and let Sideshow move on and make 'grown-up' versions of these characters.

What is wrong with gimmicks if they work fine? Color change Zartan was a gimmick, and I hope my "grown-up" version comes with it.

"grown-up" version, that is some Vintage 12 GI Joe saying stuff there.

What is wrong with gimmicks if they work fine? Color change Zartan was a gimmick, and I hope my "grown-up" version comes with it.

"grown-up" version, that is some Vintage 12 GI Joe saying stuff there.

But Zartan also changed colors in the cartoon. so that is fine. I don't remember Cobra Commnader pulling a pistol out of his back though.

I just had a thought that would actually make it easy to design this and make it look good and please both sides at the same time.
Make it a magnetic backpack and an inner metal piece to sandwitch between the jacket's fabric.
That way if you don't want him to have the gun rack backpack, you can simply remove the magnets and you'd have a unflawed jacket sans gun backpack.
I hope Sideshow has already thought of this.

Oh i had so much fun with GI Joes when i was a kid,i even made small ski`s out of cardboards and attached them with tape on these Gi Joes feet,in a V-Style since me and my brother both were ski jumpers and loved the sport.Such good times...:lol

I just had a thought that would actually make it easy to design this and make it look good and please both sides at the same time.
Make it a magnetic backpack and an inner metal piece to sandwitch between the jacket's fabric.
That way if you don't want him to have the gun rack backpack, you can simply remove the magnets and you'd have a unflawed jacket sans gun backpack.
I hope Sideshow has already thought of this.

Magnetic backpack would work. That was something that always bugged me in the toon and even the comic, they left off the backpack, but still kep the backpack controls on the character, so they were pointess. Well the toon mainly, the comic seemed to just make up the Joe/Cobra outfits as they went, even panel to panel they were wrong.

I know! What gives? I sure hope we don't have to wait till SDCC. I know they didn't announce/show their first WoW statue till SDCC, even then it wasn't even painted. And they announced that on Christmas the previous year (technically '06).

Sgt. Slaughter was added to the roster after a failed attempt by Hasbro to acquire permission to use the Rocky Balboa character.

For those who own Hot Toys "Rocky III" Rocky now the Italian Stallion can train your Joes in the meat locker of GI Joe HQ! :lol

346DSCN8660_a_3x4.jpg
26101_press01-001.jpg

Another tidbit, the Rocky character was then translated into "COBRA's trainer/evil boxer" BIG BOA.

bigboaGI879copy.jpg

Back