Sideshow's G.I. JOE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't like the fact that they'll be $10 cheaper than Gandalf and Indy? Well then I've got a figure for you:

IMG_0503.JPG

Enjoy. :)

:lol The truth hurts.

(BTW, one wonders if Sideshow has not unveiled their first JOE figures during Toy Fair at the behest of Hasbro)

Didn't the GI JOE "commercial" say go to the SSC site for the Toy Fair, I thought that would have meant a JOE pre-order at least!?! So WTF?

I have a feeling that eludes to a Newsletter Announcement or Preview. I have a feeling that on Thursday we'll get a Preview with PPO the next Friday or a Newsletter PO for one of the Joe figs....

How long was it between the Conan license announcement and the reveal of the first product?

There have previously been substantial gaps between the license announcement and the first preorder. I wasn't expecting a Joe figure so soon after hearing that Sideshow had snagged the property.

Yeah, if they are coming out Q3, they have to have the PO up pretty soon. Hell, I hope we get a PPO on Thursday. Obi Clone Trooper and G.I. Joe PF or 12" on the same day would be amazing!!!

There have previously been substantial gaps between the license announcement and the first preorder. I wasn't expecting a Joe figure so soon after hearing that Sideshow had snagged the property.

The difference is that Sideshow didn't just start working on their JOE stuff. The reason for them not showing anything during Toy Fair has to be political, imho. As in... out of respect for Hasbro and their crappy 12" figures. :lol

Best Toyfair ever, IMO. Indy, Gandalf, Clone Armor Obi, and the coup de gras; SS developed GI Joe RAH on new 12 inch bodies. No buck for Snake Eyes! Thank God!

They might unveil the new G.I. Joe figures at the GI JOE COLLECTOR'S CLUB CONVENTION in Texas. But ONLY if the Joecon is before SDCC.

I've been to 2 Joecons (Florida & Minnesota) and followed a bunch of other ones online. Hasbro LOVES unveiling new Joe stuff at the Joecon and it is also a possibility that they might want Sideshow to show their stuff off at the Joecon to ramp up interest and get fans even more excited.

Hasbro usually goes on to show the same stuff (sometimes a little more) at SDCC.

They might unveil the new G.I. Joe figures at the GI JOE COLLECTOR'S CLUB CONVENTION in Texas. But ONLY if the Joecon is before SDCC.

Hasbro LOVES unveiling new Joe stuff at the Joecon and it is also a possibility that they might want Sideshow to show their stuff off at the Joecon to ramp up interest and get fans even more excited.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

I think we have a winner!

:lecture

Last edited:
The 60's/70's Bond flicks are exactly what this movie needs to be. A lot of action and a bit of camp.

Back