Sideshow might reveal 1/6 Boba Fett in 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the Sideshow Fett comes out then the Medicom version will make a nice post-ROTS "teenage" Fett. :cool:

Surely you mean the Medicom ESB version, i have the ROTJ version and the size of that figure is fine.

If its a Jedi Fett the Exc will be a chopped in half gun. I have no idea about a ESB Fett.

It could be the "mini concussion grenade launcher" that he was seen with in promotion stills. The old Kenner 12" Fett came with this blaster, it would be a nice nod to the old days (like Bib's staff).

250px-Concussionblaster.jpg

It could be the "mini concussion grenade launcher" that he was seen with in promotion stills. The old Kenner 12" Fett came with this blaster, it would be a nice nod to the old days (like Bib's staff).

250px-Concussionblaster.jpg

Except for the fact that the weapon you are talking about was not part of either the ESB or ROTJ uniform.

The Kenner Fetts were based on the pre-production uniform that never appeared on screen.

If Sideshow is looking to be screen-accurate (which would be the only reason to make both an ESB and ROTJ figure), then they won't include this weapon.

Unfortunately, there are virtually no options for exclusive items with Boba Fett. What I would settle for (and which should NOT be exclusive), would be a large number of different hands (both Medicom versions only include two sets).

Except for the fact that the weapon you are talking about was not part of either the ESB or ROTJ uniform.

The Kenner Fetts were based on the pre-production uniform that never appeared on screen.

If Sideshow is looking to be screen-accurate (which would be the only reason to make both an ESB and ROTJ figure), then they won't include this weapon.

Unfortunately, there are virtually no options for exclusive items with Boba Fett. What I would settle for (and which should NOT be exclusive), would be a large number of different hands (both Medicom versions only include two sets).

Yes, but don't forget that Hammerhead came with a blaster that we never saw him use, and Greedo came with a "Wanted: Solo" poster that we never saw in the movie; so an item doesn't have to be "screen accurate" for SS to use it as an accessory. I think the grenade launcher would be a neat idea...another nod to the vintage toys.

Yes, but don't forget that Hammerhead came with a blaster that we never saw him use, and Greedo came with a "Wanted: Solo" poster that we never saw in the movie; so an item doesn't have to be "screen accurate" for SS to use it as an accessory. I think the grenade launcher would be a neat idea...another nod to the vintage toys.

I'm not familiar with the other Sideshow figures, so I guess you might be right. That is about the only accessory that could be included with Fett. Be when you put it like that, then that does open it up for the McQuarrie alternate helmet designs and the Holiday Special weapons.

Personally, I want things screen accurate, but I certainly wouldn't be upset if other accessories are included!

A pretty significant upgrade (to us true Fett geeks), would be a shoulder strap for the ESB rifle. Neither Medicom nor Marmit got that one right.

For the Sideshow boys, are there any SS figures that have straps on their rifles?

I'm not familiar with the other Sideshow figures, so I guess you might be right. That is about the only accessory that could be included with Fett. Be when you put it like that, then that does open it up for the McQuarrie alternate helmet designs and the Holiday Special weapons.

Personally, I want things screen accurate, but I certainly wouldn't be upset if other accessories are included!

A pretty significant upgrade (to us true Fett geeks), would be a shoulder strap for the ESB rifle. Neither Medicom nor Marmit got that one right.

For the Sideshow boys, are there any SS figures that have straps on their rifles?

Sideshow's G.I.Joe line does

Surely you mean the Medicom ESB version, i have the ROTJ version and the size of that figure is fine.

Agreed on the height, it's not an issue. I have mine right next to a couple of Sandtroopers and Cody and with the ankle extensions that Medicom Included with the ROTJ version it makes it comparable. In reality the SS version will probably be a bit taller than the Medicom, but I don't think it'll be substantially taller.

Very much looking forward to the SS release, but I'm really impressed by the Medicom (it's the only Medicom figure I own).

I really hope they don't use the regular Pro 1.0 for him. I've grown to really dislike the proportions on it. The torso is entirely too squat. The Pros 1.1 (CW Anakin) and 1.2 (Joes) are much better.

Or will they use the armor body?

The exclusive item for Bib Fortuna was a staff, similar to the one that the vintage Kenner 3 3/4" figure came with, that he did not have in the movie. Boushh Leia came with a blaster that she didn't have on screen. ANH Leia came with "Death Star Plans" that weren't really seen on screen. I don't think Fett's concussion blaster is outside the realm of possibility at all.

Yeh, Vader and Stormie are the only SS figures I own and they certainly are not perfect. SS by no means are guaranteed to bring out a great Boba but they must know the pressure is on. Boba is one of the icons that both hard-core and casual fans will want to see done justice, so here's hoping.

Haha...one post before though you said there is no reason why they wont do a better..i just gave several which you backed up..there are many reasons and examples how they can F this up

I have mine right next to a couple of Sandtroopers and Cody and with the ankle extensions that Medicom Included with the ROTJ version it makes it comparable.

Huh? I didn't know Medicom had an 'answer' for their height issue. Impressive. Most impressive.

Huh? I didn't know Medicom had an 'answer' for their height issue. Impressive. Most impressive.

Yes, the extenders were a nice touch for sure and was one of the reasons I decided to pull the trigger on mine. Still stoked to see what SS reveals and will be getting it, but I think Medicom has a great ROTJ figure.

Yes, the extenders were a nice touch for sure and was one of the reasons I decided to pull the trigger on mine. Still stoked to see what SS reveals and will be getting it, but I think Medicom has a great ROTJ figure.

Agreed, I have my medi ROTJ Fett guarding my SS Han in Carbonite and he looks fantastic. I think the bar has bee set high for SS, let's see it they can clear it (and they should go for the ESB Fett, since the RAH one fell a bit short, pun intended!:wink1:)

Agreed. ESB Fett is the smarter choice. I always prefered that one anyway cause his armor is more uniform in color and his left gauntlet gadgets look more interesting. And he was more interesting in Empire than he was getting his ass handed to him in Jedi.

Yeah, I was temted to get that figure, and may have done so had I known about the extensions, but I knew a Sideshow Fett was coming, so I passed. If I ever had to paint a ROTJ Fett for Sideshow, I would consider myself well challenged to do as well or better than the Medicom version. It does look really good.

Wait, before you said:

Oh, how I wish I could say what I know about 1/6 Boba Fett.!!!

And now you are saying "ESB Fett is the smarter choice" and "If I ever had to paint a ROTJ Fett for Sideshow"...so are you telling us in a roundabout way that it will be an ESB Fett???

C'mon, tell us what you know! We have ways of making you talk! ;-)

Anyway, I am hopeful for an ESB fett as well. I prefer pretty much everything about him in ESB, except maybe the jet pack. I do like the more colorful look of the jet pack from ROTJ. Either way though, it will be so awesome to finally get him!

I am curious to see how they handle the helmet/head issue as well. Will we get a fully sculpted head underneath the helmet? Just a "helmet head"? Blank head under helmet?

Wait, before you said:

And now you are saying "ESB Fett is the smarter choice" and "If I ever had to paint a ROTJ Fett for Sideshow"...so are you telling us in a roundabout way that it will be an ESB Fett???

C'mon, tell us what you know! We have ways of making you talk! ;-)

Anyway, I am hopeful for an ESB fett as well. I prefer pretty much everything about him in ESB, except maybe the jet pack. I do like the more colorful look of the jet pack from ROTJ. Either way though, it will be so awesome to finally get him!

I am curious to see how they handle the helmet/head issue as well. Will we get a fully sculpted head underneath the helmet? Just a "helmet head"? Blank head under helmet?

With SS pushing the Bounty Hunters I'm going to assume that it'll be the ESB Fett. Doesn't make much sense to make the rest of the group and leave him out.

If only they'd set the bar at 12" Sideshow wouldn't have to bother :lol There is no reason why Sideshow's will not be equally well sculpted and detailed as the medi version.

No? They F'ed up Vader pretty good..still a great figure..but he isnt 1/6th scale either..like 1/5th almost. I love sideshow..havent bought a medi figure since boba...but everyone just is complacent with SSC's and just assumes it will be great...and I have seen alot of bad habits with figures lately...the stormtrooper I had to put about two hours work into each one to make it right...and the medi boba is a great piece..12" or not...there are alot of little intricate details on him..I hope they pull it off even better..but i wouldnt be shocked if it came out sub par.

Yeh, Vader and Stormie are the only SS figures I own and they certainly are not perfect. SS by no means are guaranteed to bring out a great Boba but they must know the pressure is on. Boba is one of the icons that both hard-core and casual fans will want to see done justice, so here's hoping.

Haha...one post before though you said there is no reason why they wont do a better..i just gave several which you backed up..there are many reasons and examples how they can F this up

Yes, I said there was no reason the SS version wouldn't be equally as well sculpted and detailed as the medi version. I didn't say anything about better. But for all the faults with the Vader and Stormtrooper figures, they are still superior to the respective medi versions IMO. Where's the contradiction in that? :dunno

Back