Sideshow might reveal 1/6 Boba Fett in 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Bout time they chimed in with some more Q&A and especially said more about their plans for Fett. REALLY looking forward to the SDCC reveals as it sounds like SS has quite a bit up their sleeve.

Just go ahead an say it, we promise not to tell ;-)

Wondering what the exclusive item might be?

Me too! I've only gotten 2 figures from the SW line in the past 2 years: Yoda and the Orange Pauldron Sandie. Finally something I'm truly excited about!

It better be..Medicom set the bar high

If only they'd set the bar at 12" Sideshow wouldn't have to bother :lol There is no reason why Sideshow's will not be equally well sculpted and detailed as the medi version.

If only they'd set the bar at 12" Sideshow wouldn't have to bother :lol There is no reason why Sideshow's will not be equally well sculpted and detailed as the medi version.

No? They F'ed up Vader pretty good..still a great figure..but he isnt 1/6th scale either..like 1/5th almost. I love sideshow..havent bought a medi figure since boba...but everyone just is complacent with SSC's and just assumes it will be great...and I have seen alot of bad habits with figures lately...the stormtrooper I had to put about two hours work into each one to make it right...and the medi boba is a great piece..12" or not...there are alot of little intricate details on him..I hope they pull it off even better..but i wouldnt be shocked if it came out sub par.

No? They F'ed up Vader pretty good..still a great figure..but he isnt 1/6th scale either..like 1/5th almost. I love sideshow..havent bought a medi figure since boba...but everyone just is complacent with SSC's and just assumes it will be great...and I have seen alot of bad habits with figures lately...the stormtrooper I had to put about two hours work into each one to make it right...and the medi boba is a great piece..12" or not...there are alot of little intricate details on him..I hope they pull it off even better..but i wouldnt be shocked if it came out sub par.

Yeh, Vader and Stormie are the only SS figures I own and they certainly are not perfect. SS by no means are guaranteed to bring out a great Boba but they must know the pressure is on. Boba is one of the icons that both hard-core and casual fans will want to see done justice, so here's hoping.

I know Vader & Stormies had issues but Cody is near perfect so fingers crossed

I have to agree, it seems like every figure I’ve gotten from SS I've messed with in some form or another but Cody I didn’t have to do one thing to it. If they F-Up Boba this may be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for a lot of SS fans. I hope the Bring it.

Last edited:
No? They F'ed up Vader pretty good..still a great figure..but he isnt 1/6th scale either..like 1/5th almost.

While I agree to a point on Vader... with some minor alterations it is possible to get him to be more of a true 1/6 scale. Whereas there is nothing you can do to get the Medicom version to the correct height, even if you added the ankle extenders he just ends up being a tall bean poll.

Shouldn't have to alter a figure to get it the right height, but at leas the option is there.

Back