Sideshow Collectibles Spooktacular 2011! October 24th – 31st

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should devote an entire class this week to teach them about Sideshow Collectibles and Spooktacular! Teach em early how to be fanboys, and why it is important to save their money (so they can buy awesome PF's and LSB's!!!)
Say NO to drugs, but YES to Sideshow! :D

you know what it may sound strange butttttttttttttt I believe I can build it in to tomorrows lesson. We are going to discuss integers and fractions this week. I can discuss putting a fraction of my income away for bills etc and a fraction to collectibles lol....I could then discuss length of sleep vs time spent on spooktacular! I know it will work for some of the kids that are into horror movies lol

you know what it may sound strange butttttttttttttt I believe I can build it in to tomorrows lesson. We are going to discuss integers and fractions this week. I can discuss putting a fraction of my income away for bills etc and a fraction to collectibles lol....I could then discuss length of sleep vs time spent on spooktacular! I know it will work for some of the kids that are into horror movies lol

LOL, we had a britelinks system put in, it essensially turns any whiteboard into a giant drawing computer screen, I had mort up on mine over lunch today and we were chatting about whether a Zombie could be the hero in a story.

Excellent idea!!! Please record this lesson, so Sideshow can put it up on their website. :)

Oh please oh please video that! Payment plans are excellent examples for fractions. Flex pay minus the nrd equals...

LOL, we had a britelinks system put in, it essensially turns any whiteboard into a giant drawing computer screen, I had mort up on mine over lunch today and we were chatting about whether a Zombie could be the hero in a story.

of course the zombie can be a hero! Man I would love to be in that class. With our powers combined! we could change the future! :1-1: teaching kids about life and spooktacular!

They switched me from a great 3/4 split, where I've been for the past 13 years, to a very active 6/7 this year, anything I can use to keep them interested, i will. As long as they don't fire my butt, cause then I'd have no spook money left!

Today's lesson in C++ programming was designing the "Collection" class, to which we added "Statue" objects. Each statue object contained data members including edition size, price, scale...

I was practically begging the students to bite and let me talk about Spook...however college students have little interests in hobbies that cost more than their degrees do....

Oh please oh please video that! Payment plans are excellent examples for fractions. Flex pay minus the nrd equals...

I will definitely try this! if i can get the taping approved by the boss :lecture lol some of the kids have a no photography/taping form signed. Either way the flex pay and nrd will definitely be used. Ill let you know how it goes. Should be able to teach the lesson Thursday

They switched me from a great 3/4 split, where I've been for the past 13 years, to a very active 6/7 this year, anything I can use to keep them interested, i will. As long as they don't fire my butt, cause then I'd have no spook money left!

This year im doing 6/7/8 definitely have my hands full but its always exciting! hahaha

I have never heard of even having such a thing for a school let along signing one.

Litigation laws and privacy laws keep you on your toes, as well as worrying about which parent has the right to see the information depending on divorce settlements, foster care, etc. Just tracking who youcan take a picture of, or whose name can be in the newspaper for a school event can be hectic.

Congrats to the winners of the Indy contest! I was thinking the prize was a Mola Ram PF Excl. Glad it wasn't, or I'd be really sad I lost.

I have never heard of even having such a thing for a school let alone signing one.

some parents dont want their children taped or photographed for any reason. Kind of strange but yea they dont get there photo in the yearbook and have to make sure they arent any candids of them. but then again dont think the parents would know since they wouldnt be buying the yearbook anyway.

Litigation laws and privacy laws keep you on your toes, as well as worrying about which parent has the right to see the information depending on divorce settlements, foster care, etc. Just tracking who you can take a picture of, or whose name can be in the newspaper for a school event can be hectic.

some parents dont want their children taped or photographed for any reason. Kind of strange but yea they dont get there photo in the yearbook and have to make sure they arent any candids of them. but then again dont think the parents would know since they wouldnt be buying the yearbook anyway.

:horror I am so glad I went to school in the 80's... so much less crap to think about.

Back