Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Novice question - Is Giclee far superior?

SSC does have an option for frames (I don’t recall BNG having that) if you’re lazy about that. but i noticed the vendor SSC goes through uses materials that are probably inferior than what you can get at a local mom and pop frame shop.

i sort of like the 18x24 size more. 24x36 is quite large after you factor in the border matting and frame.

Giclee's are generally higher in cost due to the printers and inks they are printed with. Paper substrates can vary with some papers being higher quality adding to the cost. Silkscreens are a different printing process.

I just started getting into prints. Personally, I love them. They add a bit of class to the collection. I have to be selective due to limited wall space. Which is a good thing otherwise I would be ordering way more than needed.

I just started getting into prints. Personally, I love them. They add a bit of class to the collection. I have to be selective due to limited wall space. Which is a good thing otherwise I would be ordering way more than needed.
For the money Sideshow asks for their prints, you can go elsewhere to far better outlets for the same price or even less. Bottleneck Gallery’s X-Men #1 print ***** on Sideshow’s and it was $100 less

For the money Sideshow asks for their prints, you can go elsewhere to far better outlets for the same price or even less. Bottleneck Gallery’s X-Men #1 print ***** on Sideshow’s and it was $100 less
Well I’m selective and really like the ones I have. I love the Marco Mastrazzo prints and have his Hulk, Spidey, and Venom. And I just ordered his Joker. Love them all. Really hoping he does a Batman. My two other prints are Hulk prints.

I have a print from Bottleneck but to be honest I really don’t care for most the prints I’ve seen from them. Most seem a bit too cartoony. Having said that there are many I don’t care for from Sideshow. But man I love the MM ones.

Last edited:
I am considering getting the Iron Man Golden Avenger print by Alex Ross. Can anyone tell me if these were all signed and numbers? I think is say there were only 250 of them. The one I am looking at has a COA, but no signature of number. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to art prints Thanks

I am considering getting the Iron Man Golden Avenger print by Alex Ross. Can anyone tell me if these were all signed and numbers? I think is say there were only 250 of them. The one I am looking at has a COA, but no signature of number. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to art prints Thanks

I can't speak on your print specifically.

But the Alex Ross SSC prints I have gotten previously appear to be all signed and numbered by him personally in pencil on the front bottom left/right side of print. The additonal COA is numbered (not sure who) in pen/marker but no signature.

I like that Alex Ross signs his prints personally - not a fan of the automated machine signatures on several other artist's SSC prints I bought.

Don't buy it, it's not a sideshow one without original signature

Thanks for the replies. The seller is very reputable and is saying because he actually work for Marvel and all companies that produce art prints with Marvel artwork are contractually required to send them a few samples. These are the exact same as the retail versions except without the signature and number and does still come with the certificate of authenticity. And he has many other art prints, some with signatures too.

AND, more importantly, the price is a fraction of what they'd be if they were signed and numbered.

Back