Sideshow Collectibles DC Comics Projects Batman Superman Green Lantern Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has SSC made two different PFs of any character before? Excluding variants that aren't really all that different?

Here is a hint, my friend

Q.How soon will we see a Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure, and will it be the classic costume or the new 52 style?
Wonder Woman is currently in sculpt, and is likely to see a big debut in late 2012. She’ll be wearing her classic costume for the first Premium Format, but may very well slip into her New 52 look in the future.

Here is a hint, my friend

Q.How soon will we see a Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure, and will it be the classic costume or the new 52 style?
Wonder Woman is currently in sculpt, and is likely to see a big debut in late 2012. She’ll be wearing her classic costume for the first Premium Format, but may very well slip into her New 52 look in the future.

Not really. That's just a variant, not a real different PF statue.

Not really. That's just a variant, not a real different PF statue.

2 upcoming different PFs here for Superman.... I can easily point out that Sideshow does make 2 PFs for the same character, such as the Red Skull with a new 2nd PF coming....

Q.We want a Premium Format Superman, but of Christopher Reeve specifically! Are there any contractual hurdles to using his likeness?
Fear not my friend, we’ve got it covered in the name of truth, justice and the American way. Keep your eyes on the Design & Development blog in the near future, we will have some Superman (and Reeve) updates coming your way.

Skrmavbild2012-03-13kl165529.png

Skrmavbild2012-03-13kl165555.png

I can easily point out that Sideshow does make 2 PFs for the same character, such as the Red Skull with a new 2nd PF coming....

We still don't know 100% for sure if that's a traditional PF or if it's a new fully sculpted 1/4 scale PF. Jury is still out on the Red Skull. Unless someone from SSC has confirmed otherwise. To my knowledge, there is still no official word.

I am sure that Red Skull is a PF because the video said so and I also asked someone at Sideshow before. :clap

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experience/video/production-peek-red-skull-premium-format-figure/

I'm really not trying to argue the point but any fully sculpted 1/4 scale statue is now considered a PF. 1/4 scale Coms are a thing of the past. The new Red Skull could fall under the new definition of a PF. So unless someone from SSC specifically told you there is cloth on this statue, we are still not 100% certain. I really wish someone from SSC would officially just announce that this is a traditional PF and put an end to the speculation. I really HATE how they redefined the PF. There is more confusion than ever as to what is fully sculpted and what is not. They should have just stayed with 1/4 Coms. That way we knew right away that those pieces are fully sculpted.

I'm really not trying to argue the point but any fully sculpted 1/4 scale statue is now considered a PF. 1/4 scale Coms are a thing of the past. The new Red Skull could fall under the new definition of a PF. So unless someone from SSC specifically told you there is cloth on this statue, we are still not 100% certain. I really wish someone from SSC would officially just announce that this is a traditional PF and put an end to the speculation. I really HATE how they redefined the PF. There is more confusion than ever as to what is fully sculpted and what is not. They should have just stayed with 1/4 Coms. That way we knew right away that those pieces are fully sculpted.

For me, I will buy as long as it is 1/4 scale with exclusive :hi5: I can't resist a Red Skull statue with hat on :yess:

For me, I will buy as long as it is 1/4 scale with exclusive :hi5: I can't resist a Red Skull statue with hat on :yess:

Brother, the WIP shots look incredible. I don't care for cloth on my statues but I did not pass on the original PF because of that. I actually thought his uniform looked great. I just hated the eyes on the 1st PF. They were way too large for my tastes. It almost had an anime feel to me. The new PF looks just the way I like for the character to look. He looks very dangerous and menacing. I can't see passing on the upcoming PF. I like everything I've seen so far.

There a no differences at all from BD and New 52 Aquaman. Except the trident. And I really love this look. When I think of Aquaman this is how I will always see him.

The classic Aquaman has round or oval collar with or without gold detail. And he doesn't wear any gloves. The belt and buckle are different too...
Aquaman.jpg

But if I have to choose the classic look then my vote will to to Alex Ross Classic.
250px-Ross_Aquaman-1.jpg

Or if we go any further back then the first, original classic which I really hate. The "pirate" look. Hairy, old and ugliest Aquaman ever!

The modern Aquaman rocks, the gloves with "fins" and boots with "fins" make him look more of a man who lives in the sea. Plus the trident is pure awesomeness.

I don't know what happened to Aquaman's hand in the previous DC universe, but I kinda like the hydro (I'm assuming it's water?) hand for some reason.

Back