1/6 Sideshow Captain Rex Phase II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How soon is soon though? I tend to find it's pondering or waiting longer that has me loose out on things. :(

I know, but there's so many things I have my eye on right now. I'd also like to use a code for this, but I already used the one for January. :(

I would be interested to know how his phase 1 helmet looks on the phase 2 body. Can anyone snap a picture for me?

image.jpgThe phase 1 helmet is pretty clean compared to phase 2 armor.
image.jpg

Well I finally my Rex's head to fully pop onto the joint...unfortunately when I went to pull it out...

P1040586.jpg

Looks like it truly is too small, be wary the actual neck part (below the part pictured) also popped off. I popped them all back in, but I have no idea how I'm gonna even start to take it off again if I want to put the helmet back on him.

Got mine Rex a few days ago and had the same issue with his - but it's fine, I love his helmet!
rex-phaseII-2.jpg

Thanks for the photo. The phase 1 bucket is clean but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it might.

Any tips on how to add weathering to the Phase 1 Rex armor? Like what do you guys use in terms of paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any tips on how to add weathering to the Phase 1 Rex armor? Like what do you guys use in terms of paint.

I would recommend some dark grey pastel dust (maybe some tan or brown as well). It won't take much to get a good look. That will get your "dirty" base on the armor. If you want to do any larger scratches, there are numerous ways to do it, but I prefer to use decals for that (I print my own in that case).

I would recommend some dark grey pastel dust (maybe some tan or brown as well). It won't take much to get a good look. That will get your "dirty" base on the armor. If you want to do any larger scratches, there are numerous ways to do it, but I prefer to use decals for that (I print my own in that case).

I was also thinking about some pastels or maybe the weathering kit from tamiya. Decals like water transfer decals? Thanks for some tips! I'm not 100% on giving my phase one Rex some weathering but with some help form you guys I might go ahead and start with mine.

Yes, water transfer decals. I used them on the chest and shoulder armor for my Clone Wars Obi-Wan. Here's are some pics:
Obi3.jpg
obi4.jpg
Obi1.jpg
Obi2.jpg

For the chest and shoulder armor I used pastel dust for a base weathering effect, then I added the larger scratches as decals. I bought a set of Photoshop brushes just for scratches. They're also good to use as an eraser on symbols and such to give them some damage like I did on the Jedi symbol on the shoulder and the circle design on the forearm (I just added the symbol to a veteran forearm). I use a laser printer, but ink jet decals should work just as well.

Thanks for the help and that General Kenobi looks awesome! I guess I might go with the decals for the armor scratches. Thanks again!

They should. At least phase II bucket. Portrait might be another story depending on hole/neck post sizes.

Back