Sideshow BTVS Faith Maquette Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it! They aren't suppose to look exactly like the person anyways. This is the piece I have been waiting on!

I love it! They aren't suppose to look exactly like the person anyways. This is the piece I have been waiting on!

That would be fine if the show was based off a comic or something but it isn't. The characters are based off the actors and actresses who play them. I want exact likenesses not some artist rendition. IF they want to do an artist perspective on the piece as a whole, like the Buffy on the throne, that is fine BUT the likeness needs to be there.

That would be fine if the show was based off a comic or something but it isn't. The characters are based off the actors and actresses who play them. I want exact likenesses not some artist rendition. IF they want to do an artist perspective on the piece as a whole, like the Buffy on the throne, that is fine BUT the likeness needs to be there.

That doesn't bother me at all because I can clearly tell it's Faith but I get where it would bother some.

:goodpost::clap Amen brother

:exactly:

If that's what she looks like when it comes out then it's a massive pass for me. :(

Well the Buffy maquette makes no direct mention of a Sarah Michelle Gellar likeness and looking at it, its definitely close enough to be recognizable without being dead on....so maybe that was the goal. Either way its a letdown as far as I'm concerned because we already got an artist interpretation with the 1/6 figure.

Wasn't this piece dumped because of the likeness issue? We were supposed to get a sneak but it didn't come because Eliza stepped in. Isn't that what we heard recently?

What is so off about her, beside the strange gap in the legs? I like it, though I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most observant person. Hardly think you can say this is as bad at the 12" figure.
EDIT - on a good look ,yes the eyes are strange, but that could be because of the shadow and angle.

I would go with the last official statement concerning this statute. I doubt we will see it next month. even the text is inaccurate. Nadon wanted poster??

Poor likeness and most importantly, boring pose. I'm not sure I wanna spend $250 on this. I hope they change it completely now that it's been delayed.

Is it weird that I see a better likeness on the tiny cheap eaglemoss figurine than on this statue? https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4273315

A huge minus for me is that they "borrowed" the pose from Jo Chen (I hope they asked for permission from her or Dark Horse, wherther it's legal or not). I wish they had come up with something on their own, this seems kind of lazy. On the other hand, atleast I could see the character in that pose, unlike Buffy on that throne, which was harder for me to imagine.

Well the Buffy maquette makes no direct mention of a Sarah Michelle Gellar likeness and looking at it, its definitely close enough to be recognizable without being dead on....so maybe that was the goal. Either way its a letdown as far as I'm concerned because we already got an artist interpretation with the 1/6 figure.

Yea, I could be wrong and that is how they are going with this line. I can see your point because Sarah is there in the throne but it does not necessarily look like her. If SSC came out and said that they were going to be lax on the likenesses I think I would be more open to the line. Currently I feel like they are trying but just falling short.

Is it weird that I see a better likeness on the tiny cheap eaglemoss figurine than on this statue? https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4273315

A huge minus for me is that they "borrowed" the pose from Jo Chen (I hope they asked for permission from her or Dark Horse, wherther it's legal or not). I wish they had come up with something on their own, this seems kind of lazy. On the other hand, atleast I could see the character in that pose, unlike Buffy on that throne, which was harder for me to imagine.

Maybe that is the issue with them releasing it currently?

Why is she on such a damn boring base? I am tired of the boring stuff. She's not a PF. Put Faith in a graveyard setting. Now that would be something. ANNNDD in black leather pants. What's with the grey?

yeh gotta say, im not impressed. another fail likeness, i love the arms and torso, but the pants....the gap between the thighs/crotch area, is too wide. that throws the pose off. and the pants are great. give her jeans or sumin lol

the anatomy of the whole waist area just looks WRONG. its like a badly posed Deluxe buffy action figure...

the base is a bit fail too...

shame, i had high hopes for this :(

Back