Sideshow BTVS Faith Maquette Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really hope this turns out better because would love a representation of Faith, and whether I buy into this line will really depend on how Faith turns out!

The problem is that this is just a boring statue. Buffy on the throne wasn't an exact likeness, but I forgive a bit because she was sitting in that big cool throne. It's a unique look in my collection, not just a person standing there.

The problem is that this is just a boring statue. Buffy on the throne wasn't an exact likeness, but I forgive a bit because she was sitting in that big cool throne. It's a unique look in my collection, not just a person standing there.

I agree completely, The very generic pose and base on the statue make it resemble the PF line. But after Buffy on the Throne the bar was set for this line and this just seems to bland to go next to it.

We should wait until we actually see an official preview before getting upset.
It's possible they've gone back to the drawing board for this one.

I like it to be honest. I agree that the face isn't "dead on," but the pose makes up for it. SSC needs to take their time with this one. This will make or break this line.

I see no likeness whatsoever, I don't like the denim pants, nothing about it makes me want to buy. I really hope this is nowhere near the final design because I for one will be very disappointed. They need to stop and think and listen to feedback because so far this spells bad things for the line. Why oh why can't we have a good Faith design:monkey2

Can you someone please explain. I keep looking at the statue and Eliza pictures, and I honestly cannot work out what is so off. I can understand the small nit-picks and I agree a boring pose, but I just can't understand the hate. What I am not seeing that everyone else is?

Can you someone please explain. I keep looking at the statue and Eliza pictures, and I honestly cannot work out what is so off. I can understand the small nit-picks and I agree a boring pose, but I just can't understand the hate. What I am not seeing that everyone else is?

I'm pretty sure if they just put just the head infront of us and said who that's meant to be? most people wouldn't say Faith. It just doesn't look like her. :(

No one in here wants to hate on this we all want an awesome Faith but we won't lie if we think it looks off. :)

SimFeliz, i m with you on this, i look at it and it's clearly Faith to me. more so than the buffy on the throne (i love them both equally). the reason i think folks got a wad in their undies is that it's based off a jo chen art and not the dushku.

The artwork it is based on

2vkxkqd.jpg
33uwzra.jpg

Last edited:
SimFeliz, i m with you on this, i look at it and it's clearly Faith to me. more so than the buffy on the throne (i love them both equally). the reason i think folks got a wad in their undies is that it's based off a jo chen art and not the dushku.

Sorry to say, we LOVE the Jo Chen art and we definitely don't mind it being taken from there. What we don't want is to spend $250 on a piece we are not happy with. We have waited a long time to get something we like. If WE are spending the money, then WE have the right to share our dislike for this piece, as much as you have the right to show love.

The waist and legs are off. She looks very odd. I could possibly deal with the face sculpt had her legs been fixed, her pants color black, not grey/blue, her base something more unique to match Buffy's throne. Not another boring PF base. We, the paying collectors are sharing our opinions of this piece. It is us who's going to make this line shine, or flop. So, we hope they take our suggestions and make some changes because this piece can be so much better with a few small tweaks.

Sorry to say, we LOVE the Jo Chen art and we definitely don't mind it being taken from there. What we don't want is to spend $250 on a piece we are not happy with. We have waited a long time to get something we like. If WE are spending the money, then WE have the right to share our dislike for this piece, as much as you have the right to show love.

The waist and legs are off. She looks very odd. I could possibly deal with the face sculpt had her legs been fixed, her pants color black, not grey/blue, her base something more unique to match Buffy's throne. Not another boring PF base. We, the paying collectors are sharing our opinions of this piece. It is us who's going to make this line shine, or flop. So, we hope they take our suggestions and make some changes because this piece can be so much better with a few small tweaks.

:exactly: :goodpost: :clap

What we don't want is to spend $250 on a piece we are not happy with. We have waited a long time to get something we like. If WE are spending the money, then WE have the right to share our dislike for this piece, as much as you have the right to show love.

The funny thing is I do see a lot of people on this forum who spend big bucks on statues because they hope to keep the line alive not because they love the piece and that the likeness is spot on. I am in the minority i guess because if you are not going to do something right then they should continue the line of giving us 'almost' likenesses. I don't want to have to have name written on a sculpt just to know who it is. I know you don't BG! I hope they give 'er proper human legs too, right now she's sporting a serious Daryl Hannah space.

I think with how tough it is to come by money these days, we are not willing to fork out that kind of amount on something just to keep it alive. Not anymore. We are all trying to save our pennies and we want those pennies to go toward something we love. We never said make her perfect. We said make her worth it!

The artwork it is based on

2vkxkqd.jpg
33uwzra.jpg

Ah, that explains it. I thought it looked more like one of their female Marvel statues than something based on a real person. As a representation of Eliza Dushku, it fails utterly. As a represntation of that particular comic book version of Faith, it's about spot on.

They are trying to capture one of Faith's expression, but sadly it just a bit off. Even the height of Faith is a little too tall I think....but since Faith is one of my favorite characters in the buffyverse, I'll probably end up getting her.....

I agree I see it in the Jo Chen print and if that is what they are trying to do then that is fine but include the print as the ex.

Back