Sideshow BTVS Faith Maquette Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Faith Maquette

They would probably give us another character instead. We now just have to be patient. Which I'm not. :gah:

was it Faith though? I thought Brant said it wasn't faith. Either way not good news. :(

The issue here is that it WAS Faith coming next. But then there were licensing issues (better not be effing fox) and so it kind of put Faith to a halt. They are trying to work it out I guess but we wont be seeing her during sdcc as planned, is what I am hearing.

The issue here is that it WAS Faith coming next. But then there were licensing issues (better not be effing fox) and so it kind of put Faith to a halt. They are trying to work it out I guess but we wont be seeing her during sdcc as planned, is what I am hearing.

Hopefully they will bump up Willow and bring her out faster.

Buffygirl: The Ask Sideshow Q&A mentioned there would be new Buffy products revealed. Does this mean up for pre-order, or just a look into what's next?

Brock Otterbacher: We had an AWESOME one to show you for Comic-Con... BUT... licensor issues prevented us from showing it

Buffygirl: But wait.,... nooooooooooooo! Will we ever get to see what was coming next or is that out of the question, permanently? Oh, this teasing thing is no fun for me at all! My guess is the issue is probably Faith, and her pose/clothes were too close to the Comic issue number 6 of season 8.

Brock Otterbacher: Yes and no

Hope you don't mind me posting this BuffyGirl.

The reason I thought it might of not been Faith, because of Brock's answer. But if the people in the know said she was next I guess he just meat' no' specifically to the costume/outfit. To me his answer also means we will never she her.*EDIT* After rereading his reply I think I have taken it totally out of context, ignore my rant.

This sucks, I didn't really want Buffy on the throne. I only got her to support the line, hoping to see characters I would want. i.e FAITH! and not to see this line die a premature death.

The line isn't dieing. It's still going on. They are working on what they have to to get Faith up and running. She's not 'out' just going to take some time. They have other ideas for other characters and I wouldn't get so down on the line just yet. Just have to be patient.

Hope you don't mind me posting this BuffyGirl.

The reason I thought it might of not been Faith, because of Brock's answer. But if the people in the know said she was next I guess he just meat' no' specifically to the costume/outfit. To me his answer also means we will never she her.*EDIT* After rereading his reply I think I have taken it totally out of context, ignore my rant.

This sucks, I didn't really want Buffy on the throne. I only got her to support the line, hoping to see characters I would want. i.e FAITH! and not to see this line die a premature death.

I for one am glad that there is a bit of break in between buffystuff. I like to rewatch all the seasons in between releases and:pray:

The best thing for the line would have been to offer something new just as the Throne piece came out. Keeping the momentum going would have resulted in higher order numbers for sure.

I wanted to start this thread as I just came across a picture in Toyfare magazine of the next line up from Buffy Maquette. This is the only picture I could find so if you find more please let me know and I spoke to someone at the Sideshow Booth at SDCC and they said it should be up on there site in a month or so.
100_1270-1.jpg

100_1277.jpg

100_1269.jpg

Also do you think the head sculpt looks like faith? I personally think it could be alot better and I wouldnt be suprised if alot of Buffy fans will get upset with the face details just like they did on the 12" figure that came out from Sideshow. I hope this is just a prototype.

As hard as it may be to believe, I think the sculpt sculpt on the terrible 12" figure is better. At least they got the droopy eyes right on that one. This sculpt looks totally generic.

I am not liking this at all. What is with the GIANT gap between her legs? I don't remember her body like that.

I can somewhat see a resemblance but it is pretty bad.

One one hand at least this to me is easier to recognize as Faith then the 12" Figure(though it still doesn't scream perfect likeness) On the other hand however, the statue just seems so bland and dull compared the the Throne of the Slayer. This one looks more like it should have been done in the PF line.

Damn it. First the horrible 12 inch figure and now the passing resemblance maquette. Eliza's likeness must be really hard to capture.

Eliza's likeness must be really hard to capture.

She has a rather unique look with distingushing features (like her eyes) that you'd think would make it easier for a sculptor to pick up on, but I guess that doesn't always guarantee a good likeness. Harrison Ford has a unique face as well, and it took decades for someone to get him right.

I feel like a variation of this:

eliza-dushku-dollhouse.jpg

Is what they were going for but looking at the maquette I just don't see it. I could be wrong and the rawcast might be spot on but I'm just not feeling it.

Back