1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should bring back Greedo, Hammerhead and figrin Dan back...!

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

Hammerhead was a pretty cool figure. He even still looks good by todays standards when people post pics of him with newer figures.

One of the few back in the day I was originally gonna get, but realized he had no place in my collection other than maybe standing him next to Jabba.

So I’ve been watching some old reviews of this guy from the initial release and I’m considering cancelling my order altogether. Joints and posing seem to be a total nightmare and at this point I feel like not having him at all is probably better than dealing with the headache. If any figure needs a die cast power half it’s this guy

So I’ve been watching some old reviews of this guy from the initial release and I’m considering cancelling my order altogether. Joints and posing seem to be a total nightmare and at this point I feel like not having him at all is probably better than dealing with the headache. If any figure needs a die cast power half it’s this guy
You could always use it as a stand for Obi-Wan!

I had the opportunity messing around with first SS Grievous version, in hand it felt like a completely cheap toy in comparison with HT's K2SO. Im not sure how this V2 turns out but I wouldn't expect "drastic improvements" for only $285 price tag for this such complicated engineering figure.

Yeah I ended up canceling it. I knew in the end I wouldn’t be happy with it so hopefully hot toys will take a stab at making him eventually. If not, I’d rather have no figure then a subpar one.

Yeah I ended up canceling it. I knew in the end I wouldn?t be happy with it so hopefully hot toys will take a stab at making him eventually. If not, I?d rather have no figure then a subpar one.

Same. I was very excited about this until I realized it was a rerelease of the original. Big frown.

Eh, I’ll keep my PO. I’m not heavily invested in the character, other than he looks cool (and I’ll use it for something non-canon), and I have no desire to wait for the greedy pricks at Hot Toys to charge $500 for two pieces of die-cast. Sideshow is greedy enough.

here is an update of the custom of him i done .i actually found the arms on ebay both regular and split arms and configured them into this version of grievous. I might still keep my pre order of this just to have two options. IMG_0478.jpg

@generalgrevious Looks real good! Can't wait for your sabers to get there. Proportions looks pretty accurate to The Clone Wars show in my opinion. Broad shoulders/ skinnier legs. What is that battle-damaged head?

@generalgrevious Looks real good! Can't wait for your sabers to get there. Proportions looks pretty accurate to The Clone Wars show in my opinion. Broad shoulders/ skinnier legs. What is that battle-damaged head?

yes it is a battle damaged head. i have the light sabers. also have a custom cape which wasn't in the picture at the time. this figure was a lot of work just to figure out the engineering all together.

Side-by-side comparison?

i would have but he was broken when i got him as i got him cheap. that`s ok im getting the new one. but i took the legs of the sideshow and stuck them on my custom version. take picture tomorrow. i know the side show version is bulkier then my custom as i used the top part of the gentle giant bust.

Looks like Grievous is going to be on next week's Unsealed and Revealed. It was mentioned at the end of the Asmus Gandalf episode. Apparently they're going to talk about some updated engineering to the new version compared to the original so that should be interesting to hear/watch.

Looks like Grievous is going to be on next week's Unsealed and Revealed. It was mentioned at the end of the Asmus Gandalf episode. Apparently they're going to talk about some updated engineering to the new version compared to the original so that should be interesting to hear/watch.

Lol, I do not expect anything spectacular. It’s Sideshow, updating the new bodies with single jointed elbows. Still keeping my order with then, need a Grievous and I start to believe this has become a snowtrooper commander phenomena. HT probably dropped the ball when covid hit and the production went to *******s.

Back