1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap you have to go to this part of the video when he is posing Commander Cody and pieces are just flying off I am laughing just typing this his expression was worth 1 million bucks I was crying lol
Everytime this guy touches a figure I feel sorry for it, always looks like he’s gonna break something (RIP that Wolverine).

Which means that if an HT version went up for PO tomorrow it would would be early 2023 before we got it. I am looking forward to the SS version and I think the price is pretty fair...
I have almost paid aftermarket prices on this figure so many times. So I’m happy to finally have it. If hot toys does it, we will have diff display options

Everytime this guy touches a figure I feel sorry for it, always looks like he’s gonna break something (RIP that Wolverine).
You can't knock his enthusiasm though. The guys excitement is for this stuff is infectious. He's way less corporate than some other sideshow people.

You can't knock his enthusiasm though. The guys excitement is for this stuff is infectious. He's way less corporate than some other sideshow people.
Must be a good job getting paid to play with figures 😂 At least he can break one before he gets his own to test the limits.

Yeah, imagine getting paid to play with figures before you decide to buy one. MF!

Can you imagine a 'Will it blend?' version of HT? *shudder*

This general Grievous prototype is what Sideshow should have mass produced instead of the thing we’re getting!

Man miss the days of seeing brand new items at cons...

I really can't wait for HT Toys to start making the Separatists, we've see the B1 Battle Droid teased a few years back and the Super Battle Droid teased last year with the Death Watch promo pics.

I'm going to watch the unsealed now....judging by everyone's reactions, I won't be too impressed.

I never owned the original so I have nothing to compare it to. Looks good in the video is all I know. Appears finicky when posing but that’s nothing new to 1/6 scale.

Does the original have the ratchet joints?
Same. I never got the original but I think the paint work on the armor/bones looks really good in the video to me. And other than the split arms looking a little fragile I think this looks pretty good to me. I actually like the box b/c it goes with all their other newer figures box designs which I actually really like. Only thing I still don’t like from both this version and the old version is the awkward stand. I also hope the red from the cape doesn’t stain his armor pieces. I can’t remember for certain, but I thought that was an issue with the first version

Last edited:
very menacing and cool pose from this angle, it seems the joints are slightly improved from the original version, at least from this specifically shown prototype....not sure about mass-productions going to turn out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.13.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.13.29 AM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 160
very menacing and cool pose from this angle, it seems the joints are slightly improved from the original version, at least from this specifically shown prototype....not sure about mass-productions going to turn out.
I thought that pose looked good too. And that’s not a prototype. It’s a production piece so what we saw there is what we’re getting.

Holy crap you have to go to this part of the video when he is posing Commander Cody and pieces are just flying off I am laughing just typing this his expression was worth 1 million bucks I was crying lol
Terry Smith chimes in during the streams, but they should just have him do the all the figure unboxings.

I have some SS's troopers and majority of them can't even stand still properly . I severely doubt how the hell such a monstrous figure like Grievous manages to achieve similar thing...without a sturdy lower structure/ die-cast leg.

Flimsy Grievous will look good in my detolf, standing or crawling on the floor.

I wonder, where can one find the old guides to fix the eyes and head to achieve a more accurate figure? I reckon we need it.

This just feels like one of those figures where if you look at it wrong it’s going to take a topple and break into pieces. Grievous is cool and I would like him. Not sure if I’ll buy him though just for how fragile he looks.

Just curious, have there been numerous reports of the previous version being fragile or is it just mainly not being steady on his feet? I don’t recall a bunch of breakage issues with the old one.

Back