1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Grievous is going to be on next week's Unsealed and Revealed. It was mentioned at the end of the Asmus Gandalf episode. Apparently they're going to talk about some updated engineering to the new version compared to the original so that should be interesting to hear/watch.
hmm...we shall see.

I'm glad I cancelled my order tbh. EVERY sideshow figure I've ever had felt flimsy and this one will prob be even worse do to the odd nature of the design. I'm retired from collecting SS all together but hope people end up happy with it nonetheless!

hmm...we shall see.

Yea...I mean with good reason, collectors have a right to be skeptical with anything SS says b/c they tend to let you down more than impress you :lol but, with my latest purchases, I've been pleasantly surprised. It could be that my expectations were so low at the jump :lol but all my recent purchase have been SS figures and I've been enjoying them more than anything from HT that I had gotten before. So, like you said, we shall see

Other than the eyes, looks exactly the same as mine sitting on my shelf...

SS is full of crap, new and improved my butt.. 🤣

1st post after changes, these emojis suck. Same generic ones as everywhere. I want the old animated ones back... :(

I liked the box art for the original release better, it was unique and now its just the standard black Star Wars box.

Figure doesn't look perfect but I need Grievous. I'll be having him with the cloak wrapped around anyway.

IF Hot Toys ever do him I'll grab that too for a more dynamic Grievous.

I preordered this because I sold my original last year when money was tight due to covid. It's a shame this re-release isn't super improved over the last, but it'll still be nice to havve on my shelf again. I also feel more confident than I did when it comes to customizing, so my plan is to fix the fins like I wanted to do with the original.

Cool figure, the looks aren’t that different from the original though, somewhat better paint apps. But the joints? They seem to be the same. Thought they would have done more for this release, more or less a rerelease. Hot Toys, get your **** together and show us your version!

I never owned the original so I have nothing to compare it to. Looks good in the video is all I know. Appears finicky when posing but that’s nothing new to 1/6 scale.

Does the original have the ratchet joints?

The biggest problem with this Grievous is how Sideshow is dumb to not include a bigger and heavier stand to make the illusion at least visually that this reissue has new and improved joints.

Last edited:
I wonder if Hot Toys did this..would it be so riggerity in the arms that the video showed today 😬

I wonder if Hot Toys did this..would it be so riggerity in the arms that the video showed today 😬
We all know a HT version would be better, but there hasn’t been so much as a whisper about one possibly being in the works.

We all know a HT version would be better, but there hasn’t been so much as a whisper about one possibly being in the works.
Which means that if an HT version went up for PO tomorrow it would would be early 2023 before we got it. I am looking forward to the SS version and I think the price is pretty fair...

Holy crap you have to go to this part of the video when he is posing Commander Cody and pieces are just flying off I am laughing just typing this his expression was worth 1 million bucks I was crying lol

Attachments

• 3F5795A0-0463-447B-A195-4F9F8C566A31.jpeg
    3F5795A0-0463-447B-A195-4F9F8C566A31.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 94
Back