1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smash

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
New version of Grevious just went up for PO on Sideshow...
general-grievous_star-wars_gallery_6091e7373095f.jpg
general-grievous_star-wars_gallery_6091e7e2c1ff5.jpg

I have almost paid much more in the after market for this. I would imagine Hot Toys has its hands full with Mandalorian and all the other Star Wars properties to give Grievous a go. I will definitely be ordering this.

Also says this is shipping Jun 2021 - Aug 2021 so this is a no brainer for me.

hmmm idk about this one. On one side I really wanted a 1/6th scale grievous, but on the other hand its sideshow... not sure how flimsy the body will be.

Well, at least my original release is the exclusive so I have the alternate battle damaged face. Wonder if the "new cape" will actually be any better. As I didn't see anything wrong with the original cape.

Sideshow, new and improved, usually means "cheaper material"... :rotfl

I’ll think about this guy. A bit on the pricey side, but I know he goes for higher on the secondary markets. The figure does seem like one of the better Sideshow releases too. Just not sure if I like the character enough to justify his price point.

What did sideshow charge when this was release back in the early days?

Originally he was $250. So a $35 increase after all this time isn't bad at all.

Wonder if they stiffened the plastic? The old Grievous' legs slowly bend over time so he falls over. He's a bit flimsy too -- ratchet joints so you can't quite get the exact pose you want because there's always a little give. I feel the head is undersized as well. Also, some people have said their rubbery neck tendons have disintegrated; mine seem fine last time I looked (4 years ago).

But the overall figure is quite impressive. If you desperately need a Grievous...

wonder what the chances are that Hot Toys makes this figure anytime soon. I'm guessing with everything else goin on it'll be awhile.

Does anyone know if this comes with ratcheted joints?

Mines been on display for only the last few years. I put him in a pose and on the shelf in my cabinet and haven't touched him since. I've never checked to see if the cape stained any parts of his body it's touching.:dunno

I hope not.. :lol

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-general-grievous-sideshow-collectibles-1000272

$285, honestly cheaper than I thought. Unless there's a HT reveal soon, I'll probably grab this. Sideshow is finally doing some re-issues of older stuff people want. Bring on some Battle Droids too.

Do we have any recent examples of an SS announcement followed by an HT version? Jedi Luke, I guess - but that was the other way around. I feel like this means an HT isn't coming soon, which sucks lol

You use a stand clearly since he never fell over. He's big and impressive on the shelf. But HT would make such an amazing version, would make this Sideshow one look like a Hasbro.

Do we have any recent examples of an SS announcement followed by an HT version? Jedi Luke, I guess - but that was the other way around. I feel like this means an HT isn't coming soon, which sucks lol

It's never coming :devil

Back