1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who sold this a couple of years ago to fund some other stuff, I?m very glad to have the chance to own it again. It always had a nice shelf presence and while the hands were a PITA to get to grip the sabers, all in all this was a very nice figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine still says June-August. Must be the same as The Child were they got so many orders they need to split the batches.

It must be. When I ordered it listed it as shipping in June. Now the preorder page says August/September.

As someone who sold this a couple of years ago to fund some other stuff, I?m very glad to have the chance to own it again. It always had a nice shelf presence and while the hands were a PITA to get to grip the sabers, all in all this was a very nice figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the first release have magnets in the hands to hold the sabers like this one does? I thought that’s what they said was done in the video to help keep them in place.

It must be. When I ordered it listed it as shipping in June. Now the preorder page says August/September.

Did the first release have magnets in the hands to hold the sabers like this one does? I thought that’s what they said was done in the video to help keep them in place.

Yeah it does appear to be the same sort of situation, guessing they didn't anticipate so many orders. Although I don't think this crashed the website like The Child did haha.

But I double checked and mine still says June-August but the product page shows August-September like you said.

WPS2YVT.png

And I think the original did have magnets, but they were really weak and the whole thing was a bit of a hassle. Hopefully they improve the strength of them this time around.

Yeah it does appear to be the same sort of situation, guessing they didn't anticipate so many orders. Although I don't think this crashed the website like The Child did haha.

But I double checked and mine still says June-August but the product page shows August-September like you said.

And I think the original did have magnets, but they were really weak and the whole thing was a bit of a hassle. Hopefully they improve the strength of them this time around.

My actual order says June as well. I’m excited to get it especially since HT Anakin and Obi-Wan are on the shelf now. Should make for a cool display. Plus I get to make a custom display stand and holder for him so that will be fun. :)

According to the fan request video they’ve updated the joints to be tighter. Better paint apps and accurate pattern on the cape were a few other updates mentioned.

We’ll see. :D

I was excited about this figure and pre-ordered it. I just watched your video and decided to cancel. :lol

Did you watch to the very end where Jedha said "absolutely buy it!"? :) I had this figure previously as well and jumped on the opportunity to own it again now that there's much better PT goodness to surround him with.

The paint looks improved; more today. I must have missed the incorrect pattern on the old cape. As long as the eyes are improved and joints are tighter that would be improvement enough, anything else is a bonus. Original Grievous is 7 years old or more so I'm sure this one will be superior... unless they pull an IG-88... but I think the backlash would be serious.

I still have doubts that this very awkward design will be able to stand on its own for extended periods without that equally awkward stand. I seem to remember difficulty finding a way to get the stand base and the feet to all plant on the floor evenly. It is a complicated balancing act not for the faint of heart or people who don't like to touch their figure much and use gloves while doing so.

Did you watch to the very end where Jedha said "absolutely buy it!"? :) I had this figure previously as well and jumped on the opportunity to own it again now that there's much better PT goodness to surround him with.

Yeah. He basically says despite all these issues to buy it because its gonna be a while before Hot Toys ever gets around to making one.

I?d rather just wait.

According to the fan request video they’ve updated the joints to be tighter. Better paint apps and accurate pattern on the cape were a few other updates mentioned.

We’ll see. :D

I'm watching it too. He doesn't sound to sure.. Answering the questions and telling people what they want to hear is his job. To hype people up to spend $$$$.

They can say what they want, but I doubt it. :lol Unless someone buys the new one that still has the old one and can do a comparison, how will you truly know?

This figure is 8 years old, and the price only went up $35. If they did new re engineering that required retooling, I think the price would've been a bit more than a mere $35 increase.

My actual order says June as well. I?m excited to get it especially since HT Anakin and Obi-Wan are on the shelf now. Should make for a cool display. Plus I get to make a custom display stand and holder for him so that will be fun. :)

Yeah definitely, he'll have an amazing shelf precense once he's posed up properly. I might have mine with Dooku personally though.

I'm watching it too. He doesn't sound to sure.. Answering the questions and telling people what they want to hear is his job. To hype people up to spend $$$$.

They can say what they want, but I doubt it. :lol Unless someone buys the new one that still has the old one and can do a comparison, how will you truly know?

This figure is 8 years old, and the price only went up $35. If they did new re engineering that required retooling, I think the price would've been a bit more than a mere $35 increase.

He sounded pretty sure to me. It being the truth or not is a different story.

He sounded pretty sure to me. It being the truth or not is a different story.

Yep. Pretty solid answer given on the joints. The proof is in the pudding though. Even if only a different plastic was used to offer a tighter joint that’s all that’s needed.

And there are plenty of people who sold the original that will be getting this I’m sure, so they’ll be able to say what’s improved and what isn’t.

Hesitant to order until I see a review.

If you want it, or are a Grievous fan, I would still say to get it. Who knows if, when, or how expensive the HT will be.

Either way, It's still a cool figure. I've never moved mine so I can't say anything about whether the joints actually loosen up over time or not. So unless your someone who "plays" with their figures for pictures or posing sessions and constantly moving him, I don't think it's much of an issue anyway.

They said on the livestream that the only thing they touched up on was the cape. Nothing else was improved and judging by the downgrades from their previous reissue figures like Obi-Wan, not much hope that Grevious is gonna turn out better from the first release.

Well picture show improvement on those painted eyes, so unless those pics are LIES I would expect eyes to look like the new pictures.

Tighter joints and all that, yeah probably BS.

Back