Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

Weren't the figures way back when around $40ish?

Imma say retail $100

Well I don't think Luke (the obvious figure that comes to mind in new SSC price discussions) is going to be much of a benchmark. Snake Plisskin is probably the best analogy, but I am confident it will be higher than that. I would guess $180ish. License can't be that expensive for freaking Beetlejuice, and I don't see SSC doing anything revolutionary in terms of innovation, accessories, etc. here.

Beetlejuice's licence should be a fraction of Disney's SW. My money is on that $180 (+/-) mark and I'm hoping that they'll deliver a solid package at that price point.

I'm usually not impatient for proto pics to be revealed but this one is really irking me. Come on!!

Actually the sculpt was changed too, produced one doesn't look like Sonny Landham at all. *sorry guys, that's the fact
So in that case the entire "camo'd face n perox'd hair" thing was absolutely pointless.

I guess they wanted to be 1000% sure it was FUBAR

I'd like to see some guys of the Pred team done properly almost as badly as I'd like the Colonial Marines to be revisited

NECA (Beetlejuice, Batman) and Hot Toys (Batman and Batman Returns) clearly sport Keaton's mug. I don't see why Sideshow wouldn't be able to. Keaton has unique defining facial features like his brows, eyes and lips. I'm sure Sideshow's Beetlejuice will sport them. Why pursue him if they couldn't?

After seeing their Pilot Luke, my prediction is, we'll see an amazing prototype with a fantastic likeness, great tailored clothing and fun accessories/gags that people will drool over. Then . . . . then the prototype won't even live up to it.

NECA (Beetlejuice, Batman) and Hot Toys (Batman and Batman Returns) clearly sport Keaton's mug. I don't see why Sideshow wouldn't be able to. Keaton has unique defining facial features like his brows, eyes and lips. I'm sure Sideshow's Beetlejuice will sport them. Why pursue him if they couldn't?

After seeing their Pilot Luke, my prediction is, we'll see an amazing prototype with a fantastic likeness, great tailored clothing and fun accessories/gags that people will drool over. Then . . . . then the prototype won't even live up to it.

That's a real danger--I still have nightmares about the prototype to production change in the Willow figure from the old Buffy line! (And I still sort of resent the fact that Sideshow released it anyway without fixing it, but that's probably why I don't get to run a business.) And since this is probably going to be our only 1/6 scale shot at Beetlejuice I'm just going to have to pray that Sideshow pulls it off. It's either that or customs I guess.

Damn if he's really $200 ill be surprised. I'll still grab him but yah.

Damn if he's really $200 ill be surprised. I'll still grab him but yah.
Doubt it but then again you never know cause Keaton's likeness can't be too expensive the first Batman 1/6 was less than $190

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

In my world it means hope..... I hope this is awesome I love the ghostest with the mostest. I totally missed out on the Beto figure which I hear is great .I cannot believe what people pay for customs. I could buy like three Hot Toys what people pay for one customs :banghead

They're not going to catch your sarcasm on this side of the boards :lol

They're not going to catch your sarcasm on this side of the boards :lol

661cdfe275a586f3e8db276bb89e66cb.jpg

Well I don't think Luke (the obvious figure that comes to mind in new SSC price discussions) is going to be much of a benchmark. Snake Plisskin is probably the best analogy, but I am confident it will be higher than that. I would guess $180ish. License can't be that expensive for freaking Beetlejuice, and I don't see SSC doing anything revolutionary in terms of innovation, accessories, etc. here.

which is why I'm surprised this isn't a 1/4 pf. There can't be many accessories for this.

Actually I can see them doing decent enough job with this.
It's not like his worn black n white tuxedo is delicate and body parts require realistic approach.

I sure hope at least the suit is weathered. Thinking now will they risk this figure and root the hair or just sculp it?

Back