Sideshow Beetlejuice (new figure?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a custom head years ago for this, the sideshow body and outfit are doodoo. I hope they do some improvement on the cloths, I’m going to sell the old one to pay toward the new one. It’s too good of a head to sit on such a bad base.

IMG_4470.jpeg

Love the film and the character but not enough to shell out $280 for it. I'll try to pick it up on sale if it's still around but I doubt it will be.

Way too many people ready to throw $280 at SS for this which is just insane to me. But I just refuse to pay msrp for any SS figure.
I was willing to throw $280 just because I’m a fan of the character and missed out the last time. A gamble because it’s a Sideshow figure admittedly.

I was willing to throw $280 just because I’m a fan of the character and missed out the last time. A gamble because it’s a Sideshow figure admittedly.
Same - I love the character and am willing to pay slightly more for it, would I prefer a more affordable option with more accessories and add-ons?
Of course!
But this is the old game in town that isnt a crazy expensive custom or the utter piece of **** OG Sideshow figure.... which is also somehow crazy expensive.

Is it actually going to be rooted or is that just a rug of fur they superglued to the back/top of his head?

Have SS every done rooted hair before?
This....I can answer this right now....it's gonna be a cut piece of moleskin glued in shoddy fashion to poorly painted head, with a serious drop of in details, on a loose body that will be incorrect color and size.....
Ok guys? This is Sideshow,....

Remember Grevious and 3pO and Jason, and all those guys?

He comes with almost nothing for display options. The price is reasonable i guess, but i feel like even at $280 he should include more stuff. Not sure to be honest what more he should come with though. Kinda not sure if i pull the trigger on this or not.

He comes with almost nothing for display options. The price is reasonable i guess, but i feel like even at $280 he should include more stuff. Not sure to be honest what more he should come with though. Kinda not sure if i pull the trigger on this or not.
Main thing I could think of is the tombstone. That could have been included as a diorama base instead of the dumb hexagon base that Sideshow always insists on using.

Otherwise I agree- it’s not as though Beetlejuice really had a lot of things that he used in the movie that would make good accessories.

Can someone with editing skills show what the new headsculpt would look like with the sculpted hair from the first release?

I feel like without some futzing, its just going to look like Bobcat Goldthwait in the 80s

Have they ever done real hair before? And did they protect that?
They have, and they didn't, but it was so long ago that I'm sure this has no bearing at all on what they would do with this guy.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_122203a.htm

Whars the size?
"Dimensions: 9"H x 5"W x 2"D"

Here is a photo I found:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/sideshow-1-6-beetlejuice.151159/page-76#post-10538306

Looks more like 7" high to me, but. . .

Most of My POs have been with AEC for the last couple of years unless I'm late at ordering something and they're sold out. They're CS is top notch, don't charge tax for me either and they double box figures.

Exactly! I only ordered Robocop 3 through them and was blown away with their CS especially when I had to request for an Auto 9 replacement. Told myself I would PO with them only going forward. And just saw they send out 1250 points ($25) for your bday every year and mines next month so hopefully Beetle can hang tight.

Exactly! I only ordered Robocop 3 through them and was blown away with their CS especially when I had to request for an Auto 9 replacement. Told myself I would PO with them only going forward. And just saw they send out 1250 points ($25) for your bday every year and mines next month so hopefully Beetle can hang tight.
Yep, and the owner, Marc, seems like a real good dude.

They have, and they didn't, but it was so long ago that I'm sure this has no bearing at all on what they would do with this guy.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_122203a.htm

"Dimensions: 9"H x 5"W x 2"D"

Here is a photo I found:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/sideshow-1-6-beetlejuice.151159/page-76#post-10538306

Looks more like 7" high to me, but. . .
Looks like 7"

Beetlejuice looks to be on a platform....might actually be 9" but still can't tell. Not bad, only 15 if you want to give it a shot.

Back