Showtime's Dexter - Blood Slide Box

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I counted 11, including myself, of people who have agreed with me on the box and your negative attitude. Only 12 people have posted in the thread.

So you still have no logic as to why spending 10x more is a better option, you just are saying that it is your buisness and sticking to it. You still havent given any kind of reason at all as to why you are right.

You wont admit at all that $20 for the real thing is a smarter purchase?

So you still have no logic as to why spending 10x more is a better option, you just are saying that it is your buisness and sticking to it. You still havent given any kind of reason at all as to why you are right.

You wont admit at all that $20 for the real thing is a smarter purchase?

He doesn't have to give a reason. And no one is right or wrong; he wanted to spend the money to have this one, and you wanted to get the cheap one. Who cares? I don't understand why you are still in this thread trying to convince everyone that yours is better, when clearly most people here would prefer to get this one.

I hope you're not a serial killer just cuz you wanna be like Dexter. :lol

He doesn't have to give a reason. And no one is right or wrong; he wanted to spend the money to have this one, and you wanted to get the cheap one. Who cares? I don't understand why you are still in this thread trying to convince everyone that yours is better, when clearly most people here would prefer to get this one.
And im wondering why. There is no logic to it. Why would you spend 200 on a replica when the real thing is available at a small fraction of that price. So far no one at all seems to have an answer for this.

Is it the spending of the money that is fun? Becuase if so, im sure that there are a lot of charities that can fufill that desire. Or if actually gaining something material from that money is more your thing, ive got a bridge in Brooklyn that im sure one of you would love.

according to that guy, you need the holes from the conversion to make it screen accurate.

but yea, no slides

Well I got mine from the basement of a hospital, but I know these things were mass produced.

The hinges and clasp were originally on the box so that it opened horizontally. The producers moved the hinges and clasp so that it opened vertically. Then they added the numbers by just gluing down a piece of paper to the plastic part. Overall about 10 minutes from original box to screen accurate.

The original was made by a company called Electron Microscopy Sciences. The product has since been discontinued since wooden slide boxes were replaced with plastic ones as the norm for storage in the mid-90s. However there are still tons of them out there if you look around.

dexbox.png

Il look around online when I get home from work and see if I can find a place that sells them.

Last edited:
I see. Still, $189 for a replica that is complete right out of the box isn't that bad, imho.

it isnt bad, especially with the slides included. It would be relatively easy to create your own though. but if time is money...

Well, let us know. I wouldn't mind making a few for friends (also big DEXTER fans, of course) as gifts or something.

Yes the original box was a cheap box modded. The point of my thread was to show you the box I bought, that's all. I would rather own the box I bought. My money. My choice. I've seen the box they used on the show from season 1-4. It was crap and falling apart. I'm happy with my purchase, even if you gave me that crap box for free.

Yes the original box was a cheap box modded. The point of my thread was to show you the box I bought, that's all. I would rather own the box I bought. My money. My choice. I've seen the box they used on the show from season 1-4. It was crap and falling apart. I'm happy with my purchase, even if you gave me that crap box for free.

as long as your happy thats all that matters. Its your cash and you can spend it how you please. I would buy the replica too, i have no time to make my own stuff.

Back