LAST CALL!!! - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Reaction score
11-6-12 Now Taking Orders.
Please read completely before ordering to understand the pricing and options. When you have decided which you want, please send payment to: [email protected].
Please do NOT send payment to the account I use for my decal ordering.

PLEASE READ everything below carefully before asking any questions :)

I'm going to plug in the prices as an edit later today or tomorrow, I wanted to get the bulk of the info posted so people who wanted in could start preparing.

Probably early this week I will be opening the doors for orders for the version 2.0 slide box. Once the doors open, I will probably leave them open for a couple weeks or more, due to the storm disaster in the north, I know for sure, some of the interested parties are presently dealing with trying to get their lives back in order, and get power returned to their homes.

So here is how it will go down:

- Orders will open and stay open for a 2+ week window to make sure everyone gets in.
- There will be 2 options. Option A will be to get my kit, shipped to you, and you take care of assembling, or having it assembled and painted by another painter of your choice. Option B is you get my kit, and there is a second price that has been set by Maximus on what he will be charging to assemble and paint your slide box. He has set the fee for this, and it is separate, and in-addition to my kit price. V-Raptor has been speaking with him on my behalf and he is open/prepared to do about 15-20 assembled and painted kits. Any numbers over this are at his discretion to take or turn down, so once I post pricing, I would get in sooner than later if you want to be locked in.
Once I have placed my order with my 3D printer, ordering will be closed. I will not be able to add on to, or modify the order. I will also only be sending one parcel to Moscow, so you need to know what you are ordering before you order it.
- Once all of my prints and kit parts have been shipped to me, the ones who want kit only will ship out to you within 24-48 hours.
- Orders going to Moscow will be packed and shipped together to be painted and assembled.
- Maximus window for painting and assembling is his own, please, no daily PM's asking me when yours will be done :)
- Once he finishes, he will ship back to me and I will ship to you.

Option A - Kit only
Price: $70 (Includes kit, paypal fees and US Shipping. International shipping add $5)
Kit will include:
- A 3D print of my box bottom and lid. The latch on the front is part of the print and is not a functioning (closing and opening) latch. when closed, it looks like the latch is flipped shut.
- 50-60 blank slides. You will only need about 30-45 to fill, or partially fill your boxes, but I include extras due to the fact that even though the slides are machine cut, there can occasionally be blade slippage, and a couple could be a hair too short or wide.
- 2 working brass hinges and nails. These are working hinges which will allow (careful) closing and opening of the lid.
- printed lid insert for lid underside.
- Instructional sheets on general assembly tips and tricks.
This is the complete kit that you can assemble and build or have your favorite painter build.

Option B - Kit Plus Maximus Assembly and Painting.
If you want option B, make a combined payment for the kit + assembly to me, I will be sending Maximus a Western Union for his payment. Total for this option is: $130
Breakdown:
Kit Price: $70 (Includes kit, paypal fees and US Shipping. International shipping add $5)
Maximus Price: $60 (Includes painting, assembling, fee for western union wire to pay him his fee, and return shipping from Moscow to me)
- All parts and pieces listed in Option A.
- Slides will be hand painted by me.
- Maximus will prep the halves, install the hinges using the kit nails, and paint.
- You will get your painted slides separately to put in the box yourself, depending on how many you want to display.

Both options A and B will not come with the custom packaging I offered on Version 1.0, that was more of a Special Edition type deal.
I am also aware of the price difference between the 2.0 and 1.0 Kits. The prints are coming in a little more expensive, and on 1.0 I was using leftover materials for some of the kit which I now need to purchase more of. Apologies for the increase.
Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

10/23/12 Interest List:

1) Mr. Ecko - OPTION 1 PAID
2) Skiman - OPTION 1 - PAID
3) Fluid - OPTION 2 PAID
4) darkchylde80 - OPTION 1 PAID
5) Papito MX - OPTION 1 - PAID
6) DarthMagnus - OPTION 1 PAID
7) senbi575 - OPTION 1 PAID
8) markfdez - OPTION 1 PAID
9) Nek74 - OPTION 1 PAID
10) Cameosis - OPTION 1 - PAID
11) transhi100 - OPTION 2 PAID
12) Mighty Q - x2 - OPTION 2 PAID QUANTITY - 2
13) chilipep66 - OPTION 2 - PAID
14) GruffOldBear - OPTION 1 - PAID
15)
16)
17)

My kit painted by Maximus Miniatures:

ORDERING WILL BE CLOSED 4/27/12, FRIDAY AT 12:00 NOON CST.
THIS IS THE ONLY RUN THAT WILL BE DONE OF THIS ITEM. PAYMENT INFO IS ON POST 3 BELOW.

OFFICIAL ORDER LIST

1) ShortRound - KIT 1 - PAINTED - PAID IN FULL - 0312 0090 0001 0497 8323
2) Entropy - KIT 1 (MINUS BLOOD PAINTED ON SLIDES) - PAID IN FULL - 0312 0090 0001 0497 7845
3) emarae KIT 1 - PAINTED - PAID IN FULL - 0311 0820 0001 5099 4012
4) Levit05 KIT 1 - PAID IN FULL - 0312 0090 0001 0497 7852
5) Laney74 KIT 1 - PAID IN FULL - Customs Declaration # LC601676607US
6) MarfMaster KIT 1 - PAINTED - PAID IN FULL 0312 0090 0001 0497 8316
7) omega145 - KIT 1 - PAID IN FULL - 0312 0090 0001 0497 7821
8-10) RIDDICK - QTY 3 - KIT 1 - PAID IN FULL - EI 369023097
11) Reinhardt - KIT 1 - PAINTED - PAID IN FULL - 0311 0820 0001 5099 3510
12) Peteskywalker KIT 1 - PAID IN FULL - Customs Declaration # LC601676624US
13) Swedish Heat - KIT 1 - PAID IN FULL 0312 0090 0001 0497 7838
14) Erik S. - KIT 1 - PAID IN FULL - 0312 0090 0001 0497 7868
15) Bigbrocha - KIT 1 - PAID IN FULL - 0312 0090 0001 0497 8033
16) Stark Industries - KIT 1 - PAID IN FULL - Customs Declaration # LC601676615US

A really good friend of mine was incredibly generous on my birthday and gave be one of the Jim & Mike Cosentino handcrafted slide boxes from the show Dexter. These are the guys who make the screen used props. So I have been able to study it, pull measurements and decided my 1/6 Dex needs a new accessory.

Still WIP, need to model up the latches, hinges and slides, but I thought I'd share.

corroseslideboxwip.jpg

corroseslideboxwip2.jpg

hingei.jpg

3/15/12 UPDATE:

corroseslidebox04.jpg

corroseslidebox03.jpg

corroseslidebox02.jpg

corroseslidebox01.jpg

Last edited:
Re: WIP - Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose

It looks incredible so far will you be offering these for sale

Re: WIP - Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose

EDIT: 4/20/12 ORDERING AND MISC INFO:

Paypal address: [email protected]
Please include board name, make sure your shipping address is correct, and make sure you add the correct additional amount for shipping outside of the U.S.

I am offering this kit 2 different ways:
Kit 1: $60
Kit 1 Includes:
- 1x Unpainted 3D Print of the Top Assembly
- 1x Unpainted 3D Print of the Bottom Assembly
- 1x Set of 2 miniature Brass Hinges and 8 miniature nails
- 1x Print of the under lid decal. This is the decal that lists #'s 1-50 vertically. To be printed on decal paper
- 1x Set of 49 blood slides with hand-painted blood drops on each
- 1x Smiley face blood slide
- Price includes paypal fees and Free shipping in the US. Do NOT send as a gift please.
- Outside of US please add $3 for worldwide shipping.

Kit 2:

corrosekit2.jpg

Kit 2 Includes:
- 1x Unpainted 3D Print of the Top Assembly
- 1x Unpainted 3D Print of the Bottom Assembly
- 1x Set of 2 miniature Brass Hinges and 8 miniature nails
- 1x Print of the under lid decal. This is the decal that lists #'s 1-50 vertically. To be printed on decal paper
- Includes no blood slides (in case someone wants to create their own)
- Price includes paypal fees and shipping via USPS. Do NOT send as a gift please.
- Outside of US please add $3 for worldwide shipping.
- Kit 2 image shown with halves primered for detail. Actual kit pieces will need priming.

Both kit offerings are unpainted and un-assembled.
The primary reasons for hesitating to offer a finished kit are
1) Timing, I do these projects around work and family life, so Im not sure that folks want to wait a couple weeks to get them.
2) I think I paint pretty good when it comes to 1:1 props, but when it comes to 1/6 scale, I think there are some painters on the forums that could blow this out of the water by giving it a real wood-grain look.
I'm not opposed to maybe offering a few finished, so contact me if you are looking for this option.

General ordering info:
- Orders will open up at some point today: 4/20/12, I will keep the ordering window open for 1 week, until 4/27.
- Order will be placed with the printers on 4/27. They always quote 10 days until in hand, although I have received orders in less time.
- Payment will be due in full before ordering. Sorry, I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of kits if folks back out :)
- All orders will ship within 1 business day of receipt via USPS.
- The main reason I'm keeping the window open for a week is I do not plan on offering this ever again, and I want to make sure everyone who wants one has a chance to get one.

General Product info:
- Top and Bottom assembly pieces come in a frosted semi-transparent finish. I'm only showing the primered version so folks can see the details in the model.
- Back hinges are working, movable brass pieces, front clasp is molded into the plastic. Front latch does not move.
- Front latch clasp is a pretty thin detail. Use some caution when working on this area. I have been working on my model pretty rigorously the last.
- Raw print bottom needs some very light sanding work. In between the feet is a raised area from the printer that needs to be sanded down. This took me about 5 minutes or less with a fine grit emory board. The rest of the surfaces are pretty smooth.
- The underside of the lid has a little bit of a rough surface but this does not matter, the decal will cover this up.

Assembly info:
- This is actually a pretty easy assembly.
- Attach the hinges first, I learned this the hard way. The nails that come with the kit I didn't use. I wouldnt recommend trying to hammer tiny nails into this model, I superglued the hinges on. You get a better bond of brass to the raw material, rather than trying to glue to the paint.
- Mask off the hinges, unless you just want to paint them at the end (this is what I did)
- Prime both assembly halves. I used Tamiya Fine Surface Primer (White). Bought locally at a hobby store. You want to use a fine primer, not an enamel krylon primer. Thicker primer is going to plug up the slots where the slides go.
Here is what the can looks like:
https://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/tamiya-fine-surface-primer-white.html
- Airbrush in the inner tray color, a balsa wood type color. I used Iwata Com paints, I can provide the color mix I used if anyone wants.
Use as thin of a coat as you possibly can, excess paint will fill in the slide slots and make getting the slides in more difficult. I think I did 2-3 layers of airbrushing on this step to give a nice color build-up.
- Seal this color and mask the area, I used blue painters tape.
- Airbrush the rest of the box, its a cherry/mahogany mix. Iwata Com paints, I can provide the color mix I used if anyone wants.
- Seal it, I used a Krylon matte finish sealant.
- Remove masking from hinges, or hand-paint if you didn't mask. I used a wal-mart gold acrylic for the hinges. Can provide the paint info if needed.
- Insert slides into the slots, I used a pair of tweezers and it worked just fine.

A few photos of my finished prototype. These slides were hand-cut so they are a tiny bit wonky, but the finals will all be cut correctly.

alb003.jpg

alb002.jpg

alb001.jpg

alb006.jpg

alb005.jpg

albrightbox07.jpg

albrightbox08.jpg

albrightbox09.jpg

Last edited:
Re: WIP - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose

How quickly a thread of someone showcasing their work turns into an interest thread. :lol

How quickly a thread of someone showcasing their work turns into an interest thread. :lol

Doesn't every thread of someone showcasing their work (provided it is good) turn into an interest thread. Or a "I am not interested in this thread unless you will take my money..." :lol

And btw, count me INTERESTED! Whatever happened to beto and his slide box?

Looks great, man! Very interesting project :)
The fact that its gonna be made with an eye on some prop replica...
Awesome.

Good luck with printing/casting, hope dat everything will be fine :pray::wink1::lol

Too early to estimate a price, but once i finish the model I can get some quotes from the printer. Thanks for the kind words so far and the interest.

Update on page 1, added slides and did the majority of the front clasp tonight.

SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see this done man

Awesome work man. Very interested!

Back