Showtime- Twin Peaks (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another ******** 5 minutes wasted watching some band perform. I honestly hope lynch can wrap this series up this season because at this point i'd say there's a snowballs chance in hell of it getting picked up for another season.

I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed with the ending of the episodes. Why are they wasting valuable screen time on a performance at The Bar at the end of every friggen episode? It's fine if they have it in the background and show some of the original characters, like they did with Shelly being there and James walking in but the way they are doing it is awful.

How long will they drag Dougie out for? When will we see Audrey seeing as we've already seen her evil son that must have been fathered by Bob?

I really liked last week's episode and there's been some good moments across the 10 episodes so far, but it has really dragged at places.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jesus episode 12 lmao......this show seems have a good episode and then a really crappy one.

Does anyone else get the feeling that some two-person scenes are filmed with only one actor at a time and then edited to look like they're both in the same room at the same time?

At least twice in last night's EP. Ben & Truman, Audrey and her "husband" - jarring.

I still maintain that the entire show could improve dramatically with new editing, getting rid of about 30-40% of what's been shown. With some pick-up (re-shoots) it could be even better than that. I'd definitely re-cast and re-shoot everything with the female FBI agent - who lacks in personality/character in such a degree that I don't even remember her name.

There were some funny moments in last night's EP, but they were cut a bit long and needed more background sound.

I actually liked ep 12 despite the slow pace and nothing really happening. It felt more in tone like the old series, with all the characters and interactions being just "off" somehow. I'm also glad Dougie was only in one scene. I was shocked that didn't go on for seven minutes of Dougie getting bonked in the face by a baseball over and over again. Lynch showing some remarkable restraint there.

But then, the bit with the hooker(?) taking her sweet ass time leaving Gordon's room went on for a while. I thought he was supposed to "be" with Agent Tammy Preston. I thought I read that he was banging the actress in real life, which explains how such a stiff, wooden actress who could never pass for an FBI agent in a million years got such a plum role.

I'm not even excited to watch this show anymore to be honest. I'm basically just watching it because i don't like dropping series halfway through.

I actually liked it. It was painful in the original series, but since it's nostalgia this time, I liked it.

Also liked Bad Coop's arm wrestling scenes. I didn't think I'd like him better than Dougie, but I do. I don't think we're ever gonna see Dale Cooper again.

Sigh. This show has really, really let me down. Just....maaaan. Why? Why did it have to suck?

Still holding out hope for a good fan edit.

Also, does anyone else think Bad Coop is wearing those black contacts that make his eyes look bigger? I can't tell if he is. I'm assuming it's a wig too. At first I thought his face look different too, with prosthetics, but now I'm not so sure.

Just wish Special Agent Dale Cooper had been in this.

This is gonna end on a much more unsatisfying note/unanswered cliffhanger than the original series did. It's inevitable.

I know there was hope/talk of another season but aren't the ratings actually pretty dreadful for such a "prestige" series?

Hearing rumblings that Dougie-Coop
Spoiler Spoiler:
. Same site posted an ep14 spoiler that made me mad. Not going back there again. :lol

From what I remember reading, they said that it's less about the overall numbers so far and more about the fan outpouring. Dude in charge of Showtime said he'd consider another season if lunch would talk to him about it but dudes been in France for a while now.

I'm really curious about how divided fans are over this season. Like are we looking at 50/50? Or are there more disappointed than thrilled? Vice versa?

Well as usual with anything Lynch does, there's a huge number of fans/critics that say every second of it is the most brilliant thing they've ever seen and it's like witnessing the coming of god, etc. Whether they honestly believe that or just feel like they need to say it, or have convinced themselves, is unknown.

Then there's the rest of us that can actually be honest and admit that it's mostly nonsense and garbage.

So far I've seen both sentiments expressed, but not sure if it's a 50/50 split. It doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people talking about it though. It's not being watched by a lot of people. Certainly failed to be the "event/water cooler" TV spectacle they wanted.

The fact that GoT is finally back and getting its highest ratings ever is definitely not helping.

Also not helping? This show isn't any good. It's just not good. And it's completely inaccessible to a casual viewer. I'm a diehard and it's been painful for me. I can only imagine a channel surfer giving it about 30 seconds and then saying "what the hell is this ****?" before moving on.

So you'll stop watching then?

Watching Game of Thrones is like going to your favorite rockband's concert.

Twin Peaks: The Return is like sitting through Wagner's ring cycle. It's not for everyone because it's not meant for everyone. Sorry it doesn't seem to be meant for you. But don't condescend and say because you don't like something it must mean that everyone else is lying to themselves if they happen to enjoy it.

Oh no, I'll be watching of course. I wouldn't miss a second of it.

I don't hate it and think it's complete garbage, but it's so just so maddeningly disappointing. With the returning cast it truly had the potential to be a great revival of the show we all loved, but instead it's become this bloated indulgent mess that desperately needed to be trimmed down.

Look at FWWM...supposedly there was an early cut that was 4 hours long. If we're getting 18 hours, I wonder if he left anything on the cutting room floor?

Anyway, I have enjoyed several aspects of this revival. I think my favorite moments were anything involving the woodsmen, Gordon staring into that vortex, all the Gordon and Albert stuff, all the Hawk stuff, the mysteries unraveling with Briggs and the bodies and the crazy principal...even the seemingly abandoned glass box in New York.

I've hated the Dougie stuff. Dougie's wife is bad. The two gangster brothers are bad. The three detective brothers are bad. I have hated almost all of the Vegas stuff.

I like Bad Coop. I like the songs at the Roadhouse. I do NOT like the guy sweeping the Roadhouse floor for 2 minutes. I don't like the random girls' conversations at the Roadhouse. Definitely don't like the meth head girl scratching her armpit and drinking from an obviously empty can of beer at the Roadhouse.

Audrey's scenes have been excruciatingly bad as well.

I don't know. At this point I'm waiting for The Final Dossier by Mark Frost to see if any of this can make any sense.

I shouldn't have let myself get so hyped up....it's just been so disappointing. Oh well. Still 5 hours to go right? Maybe something good will happen. I've given up hope for "closure" though...that's not Lynch's style.

So you'll stop watching then?

Watching Game of Thrones is like going to your favorite rockband's concert.

Twin Peaks: The Return is like sitting through Wagner's ring cycle. It's not for everyone because it's not meant for everyone. Sorry it doesn't seem to be meant for you. But don't condescend and say because you don't like something it must mean that everyone else is lying to themselves if they happen to enjoy it.

See I personally wouldn't even compare it to Wagner. I'd more compare it to that artsy band that plays at the hole in the wall coffee shop who's instruments are a saxophone, a box fan, a horse shoe and a box of broken glass.

I'm watching it and I wouldn't say it's crap, there have been some good episodes and some great scenes. I do think that the majority of people who loved the original series are having difficulties loving this season, So either we've all changed our tv tastes, or this season just isn't as good as the original show was.

GoT and Twin Peaks are released on Monday here in Australia and you bet I'm watching GoT first!

Well, as someone said to me yesterday, "there's no accounting for taste". Also to quote them, I also like Yoko Ono and the SW prequels. So my opinion counts for little. :lol

Still, the twin peaks forum I read has a tone that is largely positive and Showtime is pleased with the viewing figures. Also critics seem to love it as well.

In my opinion, this was the best episode so far. Hands down. Perfect blend of Lynch and Frost. This hour of television was exactly, precisely what I had hoped every episode would be like.

So yeah, maybe as a whole I've been disappointed so far, but when I get an episode like this? All is forgiven. I'm very pleased, and I have renewed high hopes that this is gonna finish with a bang.

Anyone else love it this week??

Back